Why more stuff doesn't mean happiness

Posted by: Bryan

Why more stuff doesn't mean happiness - 12/05/04 05:38 AM

Good article<br><br>
Posted by: cesrivas

Re: Why more stuff doesn't mean happiness - 12/05/04 08:11 AM

there is a TV show called Everwood, and in one episode, someone said<br><br>"Obtaining what you want is not difficult ... but, know what you want it is" <br><br>that the key of a happy life....<br><br>well, just my 2 peso cents (11.5 pesos = 1 USD) =)<br><br>Hate is baggage. Life's too short to be pissed off all the time. -Danny Vinyard
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Why more stuff doesn't mean happiness - 12/05/04 08:08 PM

Cheryl Crow sings a song that has some lyrics that says a lot...<br><br>"it's not getting what you want, it's wanting what you've got."<br><br>
Posted by: skuldugary

Re: Why more stuff doesn't mean happiness - 12/06/04 06:51 AM

"After a time, you may find that 'having' is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as 'wanting.' "<br>Mr. Spock (Leonard Nemoy)<br><br>
Posted by: hayesk

Re: Why more stuff doesn't mean happiness - 12/06/04 08:13 AM

So, the trick is to get a 60" plasma TV *and* have your 14 grandkids come over and watch it, right? <br><br><br>
Posted by: Bryan

Re: Why more stuff doesn't mean happiness - 12/06/04 09:59 AM

Exactly, but only if you buy it 12 months same as cash, and then promptly never pay it off!<br><br>
Posted by: djstefan

Re: Why more stuff doesn't mean happiness - 12/06/04 12:43 PM

Finally a good post dood! <br><br>I have been saying this for many years. In my short life, I have (my family) been through many classes a few times. From the lowest class to the mid-upper and back. <br><br>I remember being happier than anyone for getting a 60cent ince cream from McDonalds once a week or so and also I see myself now when I am indifferent with my 1000s$ toys that I beat up without care what so ever.<br><br>I also remember the love of my life and the happiness it brought me which could not be compared with any of the material things I have ever owned.<br><br>The feelings triggered by our own genetical code and caused by the chemicals in the brain are not related to the rat race we live in. <br><br>This rat race for the purpose of power is triggered by the greed which is just another code in the brain. But greed is addictive and although it gives the feeling of happiness, it only increses exponentialy.<br><br>_________________________________________<br>Just a different kinda geek...