Last Call

Posted by: cherry

Last Call - 11/23/04 07:53 PM

_Elliot Smith_<br><br>last call, he was sick of it all<br>asleep at home<br>told you off and goodbye<br>well you know one day it'll come to haunt you<br>that you didn't tell him quite the truth<br>you're a crisis, you're an icicle<br>you're a tongueless talker<br>you don't care what you say<br>you're a jaywalker and you just, just walk away<br>and that's all you do<br>the clap of the fading out sound of your shoes<br>made him wonder who he thought that he knew<br><br>last call, he was sick of it all<br>the endless stream of reminders<br>made him so sick of you, sick of you, sick of you<br>sick of your sound, sick of you coming around<br>trying to crawl under my skin<br>when I already shed my best defense<br>it comes out all around that you won<br>and I think I'm all done<br>you can switch me off safely<br>while I'm lying here waiting for sleep to overtake me<br><br>yeah, yeah you're still here but just check to make sure<br>all you aspired to do was endure<br>you can't ask for more, ask for none<br>knowing you'll never get that what you ask for<br>so you cast your shadow everywhere like the man in the moon<br><br>you start to drink you just want to continue<br>it'll all be yester year soon<br>you start to drink you just want to continue<br>it'll all be yester year soon<br><br>church bells and now I'm awakeand I guess it must be some kind of holiday<br>I can't seem to join in the celebration<br>but I'll go to the service and I'll go to pray<br>and I'll sing the praises of my maker's name<br>like I was as good as she made me<br>and I wanted her to tell me that she would never wake me<br>I wanted her to tell me that she would never wake me ...<br><br>I'm lying here waiting for sleep to overtake me <br><br>