Heh Heh, ouch, owy

Posted by: JonnyCat

Heh Heh, ouch, owy - 11/06/02 06:27 AM

those rumor sites were right. <br><br>iBook speed bump 100Mhz, price drop $200.<br><br>Oh well, I'm a good sport, this iBook I bought 4 days ago is still fantastic!<br><br>
Posted by: Biggerfoot

Re: Heh Heh, ouch, owy - 11/06/02 06:32 AM

I still think they should back the sale like others do...<br><br>

Re: Heh Heh, ouch, owy - 11/06/02 07:02 AM

I'll ask them about it when I drop by next week...<br><br>hmm... a free scanner would be nice <br><br>
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: Heh Heh, ouch, owy - 11/06/02 07:10 AM

Your fault- you couldn't wait one lousy week!<br><br>You just HAD to have that iBook right away, didn't you?<br><br>Where is your patience, man?!!!<br><br>Ok, sorry...I'll bet you've already beat yourself up enough about it...<br><br>[color:red]Hold on...it's time for a</font color=red><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Heh Heh, ouch, owy - 11/06/02 07:12 AM

Take mrs. J/cat with you. You need a good "closer."<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Heh Heh, ouch, owy - 11/06/02 07:21 AM

Well... when you really think about it, you didn't miss out on a lot... it wasn't that huge of a discount. I wouldn't feel bad at all if I were you. Now, if it was a $500 price difference, and they bumped the iBook up to a G4... THEN i would be reeeeeeaaaally PISSED OFF!!! <br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!

Re: Heh Heh, ouch, owy - 11/06/02 07:55 AM

Let's see, $200...for that money, he could have gotten :<br><br>- an iSub system<br>- about 3 or 4 games (MOH, Wolfenstein, etc)<br>- The Mac OSX 10.2 Family Pack<br>- Virtual PC 5 with XP Home edition<br>- He'd be $99 short of a 5-gig iPod<br><br>Or, (sucking up) he could have taken the lovely Mrs JC out for a night on the town! (Whatever's open at that time of night in New Hampshire, anyway)<br><br>[color:red]Hold on...it's time for a</font color=red><br>
Posted by: Biggerfoot

Re: Heh Heh, ouch, owy - 11/06/02 08:22 AM

I know if you would have ordered the iBook via Apple online, they would have pushed you back to the new one...happened to me before. They need and may do the same thing at the store. BTW, can it be returned and then get the new one?<br><br>

Re: Heh Heh, ouch, owy - 11/06/02 08:29 AM

it goes both ways. When I bought the iMac, not very soon after I received it the price went up by $100 so I won that way. This time I was on the other side of the price change. This really isn't that big of a deal for me, I've been buying computers for 18 years and every single one has gotten cheaper and faster after I bought it.<br><br>I'll ask when I'm at the Apple store, but when I bought the iBook I thought it was good value for the money and the price change at the store hasn't made the iBook any less quality.<br><br>C'est la vie, I knew about the rumors and could have waited... <br><br>(taking out MrsJC is great idea, there's a new restaurant down the street that used to be our fav until the change in name/ownership)<br><br>

Re: Heh Heh, ouch, owy - 11/06/02 09:02 AM

That's a great attitude to have, especially in the computer biz where anything you buy is usually outdated in a matter of weeks!<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!
Posted by: hayesk

Re: Heh Heh, ouch, owy - 11/06/02 10:46 AM

*sigh* I wish more people had that attitude. For some, it seems they wish progress to stop for a couple of years until they want to upgrade.<br><br>Good for you. Enjoy that new iBook. I still like my iBook 466, although that screen is gettin' kinda small.<br><br>

Re: Heh Heh, ouch, owy - 11/06/02 10:48 AM

it's a must have attitude. Afterall I just switched this year, bought three macs and they are all outdated!<br><br>15" iMac - you can buy a 17" for the same money I paid<br>dual 1gig PowerMac - you can buy a dual 1.25Ghz<br>600Mhz iBook - you can buy a 700Mhz iBook.<br><br>but, I factor in the fact that I enjoyed the use of these machines for the last couple months (except for the iBook) and they are all still fantastic computers.<br><br>

Re: Heh Heh, ouch, owy - 11/06/02 10:50 AM

I still have a 400mhz G4 (the original G4 Sawtooth model)... love using it for web, mail, FTP, and trying out new apps so I don't mess up my Dual Ghz... they retain their usefullness for a long time!<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!

Re: Heh Heh, ouch, owy - 11/06/02 11:49 AM

So your iBook and your dual gig are 'obsolete' by a combined 350 mhz, and you're missing two inches from your new iMac...<br><br>'World's smallest fiddle' award goes to JonnyCat!!!! <br><br>[color:red]Hold on...it's time for a</font color=red><br>
Posted by: Lori

Re: Heh Heh, ouch, owy - 11/06/02 12:06 PM

here it is... <br>sorry Jonnycat, DaddyMac made me do it <br><br><br>

Re: Heh Heh, ouch, owy - 11/06/02 01:14 PM

LOL!<br><br>where's my river? <br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Heh Heh, ouch, owy - 11/06/02 05:49 PM

I want to get the new 800mhz iBook!! <br><br>

Re: Heh Heh, ouch, owy - 11/06/02 05:54 PM

the 800Mhz model should be sweet! I'd recommend going and getting yours today!<br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Heh Heh, ouch, owy - 11/06/02 06:06 PM

Alrighty then! <br><br><br><br>Uh..can I borrow your credit card? <br><br>

Re: Heh Heh, ouch, owy - 11/06/02 06:29 PM

you don't need my credit card - Apple instant loan!<br><br><br><br>the iBook surfing wirelessly in the kitchen while I make my coffee,<br>you know you want one too!<br><br>
Posted by: KateSorensen

Next on your - 11/06/02 06:53 PM

redecoration list:<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: MacGuru

Re: Heh Heh, ouch, owy - 11/07/02 12:11 AM

I allways used to do that when at home go into the kitchen to make coffee get a snack and still surf/chat while walking downstairs (glad i didn't fall over!)<br><br>"I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring."<br>- Richard P Feynman, Last Words<br>
Posted by: MrsJonnyCat

Re: Heh Heh, ouch, owy - 11/11/02 08:01 PM

Nice Try, but its not workin!! <br><br>

Re: Heh Heh, ouch, owy - 11/11/02 08:02 PM

Uhhmmmm, well, ahhh, we haven't went yet............<br><br>

Re: Next on your - 11/11/02 08:03 PM

Oh my, I would probably never see him!!<br><br>

Re: Heh Heh, ouch, owy - 11/11/02 08:13 PM

are you schmoozing? Hey, you weren't in the last MacBabe movie, were you? <br><br>