to our MacDudes!

Posted by: Lori

to our MacDudes! - 11/05/02 02:26 PM

This is my message coming from the heart:<br><embed src="http://homepage.mac.com/loridilo/.Music/lori.mp4" width=320 height=25 controller=true autoplay=false><br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: to our MacDudes! - 11/05/02 02:28 PM

No FSCKING WAY am I going to kiss a CARP!!! I'll shake hands, but I refuse to kiss him!<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!
Posted by: Biggerfoot

Re: to our MacDudes! - 11/05/02 02:39 PM

A New England accent! I love it!<br><br>

Re: to our MacDudes! - 11/05/02 02:41 PM

I don't have an accent! Hey wouldn't it be cool if we could all hear what each other sounds like.<br><br>

Re: to our MacDudes! - 11/05/02 02:49 PM

For some reason, people tell me I have a southern accent...not me...no! I guess here in MI, it may be noticed by a couple of people.<br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: to our MacDudes! - 11/05/02 02:52 PM

People tell me that we have No accent and because of that they can tell that we are from Hawaii.<br><br>

Re: to our MacDudes! - 11/05/02 02:55 PM

Speaking if HI...the Honda commercial that asks why there are Interstate Highways in HI is great!<br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: to our MacDudes! - 11/05/02 03:11 PM

Wow..yeah..northern accent!<br><br>That would be cool..I could do a little "movie" with my digital camera and upload it..hehe..<br><br>

Re: to our MacDudes! - 11/05/02 03:16 PM

LOL<br>Thats because the Feds gave the state 350 million for infrastructure improvents. For the state to get the big bucks we had to re-name the freeway system - to "Eisenhower Interstate" with five stars on the signs. Now let me see ahhh change 15 signs for 350 mil - you bet chaa. <br><br>

Re: to our MacDudes! - 11/05/02 03:19 PM

OK... here ya go!<br><embed src="http://www.jdempsey.com/sigs/kisscarp.mov" width=320 height=25 controller=true autoplay=false><br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!

Re: to our MacDudes! - 11/05/02 03:22 PM

Does that work for ya?<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!

Re: to our MacDudes! - 11/05/02 03:28 PM

Cool..what did you use to record? I have the Apple mic..<br><br>

Re: to our MacDudes! - 11/05/02 03:30 PM

LOL....loud and clear!!!<br><br>

Re: to our MacDudes! - 11/05/02 03:35 PM

...VERY loud and clear!<br><br>

Re: to our MacDudes! - 11/05/02 03:41 PM

I used a app called sound studio to record. I used the built in mic on my iMac.<br><br>
Posted by: walzuhair

Re: to our MacDudes! - 11/05/02 03:44 PM

Cool stuff.. Hehe..<br>Nice to hear you all..<br><br>
Posted by: Giaguara

Re: to our MacDudes! - 11/05/02 03:45 PM

hm? i heard nothing... nothing nothing so can't say for the accent.<br>and be lucky i dont post anythng here..<br><br><br><br>Giaguara<br>

Re: to our MacDudes! - 11/05/02 03:59 PM

Please do! :)<br><br>

Re: to our MacDudes! - 11/05/02 03:59 PM

I had to boot into OS9 on my other computer and use the sound control panel to record the sound, then i opened it in iTunes and saved it as an .mp3, then I had to open the mp3 in Quicktime and export it as a .mov file... would be much easier if I could find some freebie OSX app that records sound from those old Apple Mic's they used to give you with your computer!<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!

Re: to our MacDudes! - 11/05/02 04:24 PM

In OSX, Lori? <br><br>I want to find one for OSX too, Gizmo....let me know when you find one.<br><br>

Re: to our MacDudes! - 11/05/02 04:44 PM

AudioIn for OSX<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!

Re: to our MacDudes! - 11/05/02 04:46 PM

yes OS X<br>try this Audacity<br>You have to export to wav, and then you can post as a wav file or open with quicktime and export as MP4<br><br>edit: I think you have to have QT Pro to export as mp4<br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Lori on 11/05/02 07:51 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: to our MacDudes! - 11/05/02 07:54 PM

I just downloaded Audacity, but it won't recognize my microphone. OS X does recognize it cause I can use speakable items with it. What am I doing wrong?<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: to our MacDudes! - 11/05/02 07:57 PM

do you have your microphone set as your audio input?<br><br>
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: to our MacDudes! - 11/05/02 08:01 PM

What hard feelings? They suddenly all went away after hearing your voice!<br><br>LOL...<br><br>[color:red]Hold on...it's time for a</font color=red><br>

Re: to our MacDudes! - 11/05/02 08:01 PM

The Audacity preferences won't allow me to change anything. The pop up menu has only one option, "Built-in audio controller." In the Sound Control Pane I have the External microphone/line in option selected. Is there somewhere else I need to look?<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: to our MacDudes! - 11/05/02 08:13 PM

Ok...try this one<br>Audio In<br><br>

Re: to our MacDudes! - 11/05/02 08:28 PM

Thanks, Lori. Now I can record, but I end up with an 8 second sound bite that weighs in at 1.5 MB!<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: to our MacDudes! - 11/05/02 08:32 PM

If you have QT Pro, you can open the aiff file with that and then export it to mp4<br>If you don't have QT Pro, then open it with iTunes and convert to mp3<br>and then hit command R to show the song file. then drag it to desktop and you can upload it from there.<br>What a pain in the butt to do all that ...hahaha<br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Lori on 11/05/02 11:40 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: to our MacDudes! *DELETED* - 11/05/02 08:37 PM

Post deleted by yoyo52

Re: to our MacDudes! - 11/05/02 08:39 PM

Was that YoYo or Barry White talking to the MacBabes?<br><br>

Re: to our MacDudes! - 11/05/02 08:44 PM

I don't know what you did, but it is too funny. I clicked on the link for the post and a new window pops up with you talking........hahahahahaha<br>I didn't know what was happening for a minute.<br><br>

Re: to our MacDudes! *DELETED* - 11/05/02 08:47 PM

hey yoyo...what happened ...you deleted your post.<br><br>
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: to our MacDudes! *DELETED* - 11/05/02 08:55 PM

His clip wasn't copyrighted, so it had to go.<br><br>[color:red]Hold on...it's time for a</font color=red><br>

Re: to our MacDudes! - 11/05/02 08:57 PM

I'm not sure why that happened--I didn't do anything strange. But it's so weird that I deleted the post. Let me try to post it again in this post.<br><br>Well, I've been trying and trying, and this is what happens. The MP4 file doesn't embed at all. When I go to my iDisk to look at the file, what I see is a generic icon, and the information shows no file type--iDisk doesn't seem to recognize it as a sound file, in other words. If I export it as a .MOV file, then iDisk does recognize it, and it will embed--but it's three times the size of the MP4, so I'm not going to subject dial up folks to that. I'll keep putzing with it and see if I can figure out what's going on.<br><br>edit: OK, I changed the extension to .mp3 and uploaded it to iDisk, which now recognizes it as a sound file. So here goes again.<br><br>Nope. I get a broken QT icon in the preview page, so I deleted the embedding.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by yoyo52 on 11/06/02 00:00 AM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: to our MacDudes! - 11/05/02 09:13 PM

<embed src="http://homepage.mac.com/alc/.Pictures/response.mp3" width=320 height=25 controller=true autoplay=false><br><br>OK, here's what I did: imported the MP4 into iTunes, then converted it to .mp3, and uploaded that to my iDisk. The result is far too much work for far too little! <br><br>And I want to thank Lori again, who I'm sure is just thanking her lucky stars for having helped me <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: to our MacDudes! - 11/05/02 09:18 PM

Instead of using QT Pro to open the aiff file, do this:<br>Open up quicktime first, then import the aiff file, then export to mp4<br><br>I remember having this problem before, and as usual, I can't remember what i did to solve it...ha<br><br>

Re: to our MacDudes! - 11/05/02 09:21 PM

well I am not sure about that. Just wait till the other MacBabes hear your sexy voice<br><br>

Re: to our MacDudes! - 11/05/02 10:00 PM

<br><br>I just had to whisper cause my honey's asleep right next door. <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: iRock

Re: to our MacDudes! - 11/05/02 10:20 PM

Clever, clever girl. You have a great voice. I hate mine. I liked hearing real voices from all of you. I don't think I can record into my laptop. I see a little button and a grill on the left that could be audio in but it doesn't seem to work that way.<br><br>The wine urges me on, the bewitching wine, which sets even a wise man to singing and to laughing gently and rouses him up to dance and brings forth words <br>which were better unspoken.<br>Homer

Re: to our MacDudes! - 11/06/02 02:29 AM

HA! That's funny...gonna have to do mine this afternoon/evening.<br><br>
Posted by: Shooshie

Re: to our MacDudes! - 11/06/02 02:33 AM

Not really being a part of the debate or disagreement, I have no comment about that, but it was really cool to hear your voice. <br><br><br><br>I hope you and others will continue to post audio tracks they create, whether with their voices or music they perform, poetry they read, or whatever. There is where we could all keep the whole MP3 thing alive without concern for any sort of legalities. <br><br>Shooshie<br><br>Shooshie's Stuff

Re: to our MacDudes! - 11/06/02 05:46 AM

There are USB microphones that you can use, iRock. MacAlly makes one, I think. Look here. Griffin makes a USB microphone adaptor. Look at the specs here (a store, but with nice PDF file to download).<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by yoyo52 on 11/06/02 08:49 AM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>
Posted by: iRock

Re: to our MacDudes! - 11/06/02 05:50 AM

Hey Thanks, Yoyo, I will look into that.<br><br>The wine urges me on, the bewitching wine, which sets even a wise man to singing and to laughing gently and rouses him up to dance and brings forth words <br>which were better unspoken.<br>Homer
Posted by: MrsJonnyCat

Re: to our MacDudes! - 11/06/02 10:55 AM

Yes, I agree, that was great Lori! You do have a wonderful voice!<br><br>Ginny<br><br>

Re: to our MacDudes! - 11/06/02 03:21 PM

We're still waiting for it John!<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!
Posted by: lesh

Re: to our MacDudes! - 11/06/02 03:48 PM

Okay - ready or not - coming 'atcha from Latitude: 43 36.47' N Longitude: 71 11.04 W <br><br><embed src="http://homepage.mac.com/lesh59/.Music/leshvoice.mp3" width=320 height=25 controller=true autoplay=false><br><br>[color:blue]Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.<br>Robert Fripp</font color=blue>

Re: to our MacDudes! - 11/06/02 05:07 PM

great Lesh! .... :)<br><br>

Re: to our MacDudes! - 11/06/02 05:59 PM

sounds good to me lesh....great hearing your voice!!!<br><br>

Re: to our MacDudes! - 11/06/02 06:18 PM

A short tale...within rules....<br><br><EMBED SRC="http://homepage.mac.com/biggerfoot/sadfallsong2.mp3" WIDTH="250" HEIGHT= "236" AUTOPLAY="FALSE"><br><br>

Re: to our MacDudes! - 11/06/02 06:24 PM

Ummm, Biggerfoot...you are supposed to post a message with your voice...unless of course, that is you singing, and if that is the case, then you sound great, but if that is not the case, then I am still waiting to hear your voice...hehe<br><br>

Re: to our MacDudes! - 11/06/02 06:45 PM

<embed src="http://homepage.mac.com/rougeuxj/.Music/osxaddict2.mp4" width=320 height=25 controller=true autoplay=false><br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by OSXaddict on 11/06/02 09:49 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: to our MacDudes! - 11/06/02 06:52 PM

it's not loading......hmmmmmmm<br><br>
Posted by: margadagio

Re: to our MacDudes! - 11/07/02 01:04 AM

A quick hello to you all.<br><embed src="http://homepage.mac.com/margadagio/.Music/Imalurker.MP4" width=320 height=25 controller=true autoplay=false><br><br>

Re: to our MacDudes! - 11/07/02 02:52 AM

Did it load at all? It's an MP4...<br><br>
Posted by: MacGuru

Re: to our MacDudes! - 11/07/02 03:58 AM

It loaded fine for me<br><br>"I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring."<br>- Richard P Feynman, Last Words<br>

Re: to our MacDudes! - 11/07/02 04:15 AM

Lesh, you speak my language..<br><br><br>Try to find me, I'm here (no smart bombs please):<br>N24 45.622 E46 40.997<br><br><br>

Re: to our MacDudes! - 11/07/02 04:48 AM

ooops - maybe I should recheck my coordinates!<br><br>Try here:41.70N 71.52W<br>(I cheated - I looked it up and then copied the wrong numbers) But I've been looking at gps/geocaching sites since (I think t was you) mentioned it in a thread at MC one day.<br><br>[color:blue]Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.<br>Robert Fripp</font color=blue><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by lesh on 11/07/02 08:00 AM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: to our MacDudes! - 11/07/02 05:25 AM

41.70N 71.52W is in Teshkent.. I don't think they have internet connections over there <br><br>

Re: to our MacDudes! - 11/07/02 05:28 AM

yup, works now! what a cute accent...hahaha<br><br>
Posted by: polymerase

Re:that puts you - 11/07/02 06:13 AM

outside of West Warwick Rhode, Island<br>Wazul is in Ar Riyad.<br><br>You just have to watch out for which form you are doing the coordinates. One of you is in digital degrees and the other is in degree, digital minutes. <br>Go here: http://www.jeeep.com/details/coord/ to convert froma any to your map coordinates.<br>I might have been the one who mentioned geocaching. http://www.geocaching.com I haven't met anyone else on the boards who likes to hunt tupperware in the woods.<br><br>

Re:that puts you - 11/07/02 06:19 AM

Whew - thanks polymerase-I forgot the (-). I was just using google info results. (So sorry walzuhair!)<br><br>Some days I don't know where I am...<br><br>The geocaching sounds like great fun - they were a bunch in RI - going to check it out more next Spring.<br><br><br>[color:blue]Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.<br>Robert Fripp</font color=blue>

Re:that puts you - 11/07/02 06:31 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p><br>The geocaching sounds like great fun -<br><p><hr></blockquote><p>Hard to explain how much fun it is. Usually if I explain it to someone they think I am off my meds. Before I go on a trip or a vacation I always print out the geocaches near where I am going. They are usually in very unusual scenic places but not the usual tourist trap. Colorado/Utah/California are places where geocachers have gone nuts. You could spend a lifetime just finding them in New England near you. My first one I found a beautiful park near work that I had driven by 1,000 times. The cache showed me how they got the water from the Quabbin resevoir over the Charles River.<br>You don't have to wait for spring. Hunt one after the thanksgiving turkey. But if you are in deep woods in the fall remember to wear orange and don't wear white gloves. You don't want to be mistaken for a bobbing dear tail by a hunter.<br><br>

Re: to our MacDudes! - 11/07/02 07:54 AM

So, Marg, do you work all night and sleep all day? <br><br>And about dear papa . . . <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re:that puts you - 11/07/02 09:04 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>I haven't met anyone else on the boards who likes to hunt tupperware in the woods.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Me.. Me.. Me.. (sorry, just had a pint of turkish coffee)<br>I look for the easy ones since I don't have a 4x4 to hunt caches in rough terrains..<br><br>

Re:that puts you - 11/07/02 09:10 AM

That reminds me Waleed, when are we going to hear your lovely voice?<br>Oh, and I tried the milk pudding and the vermicelli soup (the easy ones) and they were yummy!<br><br>

Re:that puts you - 11/07/02 09:16 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>That reminds me Waleed, when are we going to hear your lovely voice?<p><hr></blockquote><p>Don't know how to post it.. I'll wait for your reply as I record one. <br><br>

Re:that puts you - 11/07/02 09:39 AM

I thought I was going to have to say something like, 'good hunting when you get stateside but I took a peak and you have 35 caches in Saudi Arabia with many circling you. Here is one 15 miles away from you planted just 10 days ago.<br>http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=41759<br>A world view using Buxley's maps shows the world as a pin cushion.<br> http://www.brillig.com/geocaching/maps.shtml<br>May the world live in peace and matching tupperware.<br>took nothing, left a hamburgaler <br><br>

Re:that puts you - 11/07/02 09:43 AM

Here goes.. And remember, you asked for it <br><embed src="http://www.alzuhair.net/waleed/audio/mmhi.mp3" width=320 height=25 controller=true autoplay=false><br><br>
Posted by: Krasni

Waleed's family! - 11/07/02 09:47 AM

Qu bonito! Very, very, very nice.<br><br>

Re:that puts you - 11/07/02 09:49 AM

That was great...it really put a smile on my face!!!<br>Say "hi " back to your family for me.<br><br>

Re: Waleed's family! - 11/07/02 09:57 AM

Mille grazie... <br>Italian, German, Chinese & Japanese are the languages I plan to learn in the next 10 years. All are fascinating to me..<br><br>

Re:that puts you - 11/07/02 10:00 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Say "hi " back to your family for me.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Done <br><br>

Languages - 11/07/02 10:03 AM

It was Spanish. I'm living in Italy but I'm not Italian. I'd be happy just if I could improve my English...<br><br>

Re: Waleed's family! - 11/07/02 10:06 AM

Qu bonito! (Spanish) = Che bello! (Italian)<br><br>

Re: Languages - 11/07/02 10:12 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>It was Spanish.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Ooops sorry.. Please give me a minute to pull my foot out of my mouth.. <br><br><br>

Re:that puts you - 11/07/02 10:50 AM

Walzuhair, Marg, OSXaddict, everyone - this is just so great to hear you all!<br><br>Where are the rest of you MMers out there??<br><br>[color:blue]Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.<br>Robert Fripp</font color=blue>

Re: Languages - 11/07/02 10:56 AM

Don't worry, it's normal you don't distinguish from Italian and Spanish. They are very similar and your own language is too different.<br><br>

Re:that puts you - 11/07/02 11:28 AM

It was neat to hear walzuhair's family in chorus! Thanks--and hi right back at them (and you)<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re:that puts you - 11/07/02 11:52 AM

That is so cool, blows me away. Hi right back atcha!<br><br>

Re: to our MacDudes! - 11/07/02 11:55 AM

Lori is right. What a sexy voice you have. <br><br>

Re:that puts you - 11/07/02 12:01 PM

<embed src="http://www.jdempsey.com/sigs/sounds/lurking.mp3" width=320 height=25 controller=true autoplay=false type="video/quicktime"><br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!
Posted by: MacGuru

Re:that puts you - 11/07/02 12:56 PM

Well I have no sound input options at all atm. without buying a USB mic as I have an iBook...<br><br>"I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring."<br>- Richard P Feynman, Last Words<br>

Re:that puts you - 11/07/02 01:04 PM

Just make sure the mic is compatable with a Mac.<br><br>
Posted by: greenme1

Re:that puts you - 11/07/02 01:13 PM

I'm just lurking, don't mind me! <br><br>

Re:that puts you - 11/07/02 01:18 PM

Aw Giz - you had to go and say that word again, didn't you - <br><br>(psst - can you turn your levels down a little bit?)<br><br>

Re: Languages - 11/07/02 03:16 PM

Hey..that was very good! Loved hearing the whole family! say hi back for me.<br><br>

Re:that puts you - 11/07/02 04:37 PM

I wish I could turn the volume down... it seems that no matter what I set the volume to in iTunes or Quicktime, it always ends up "forgetting it" when I close the file or save it. If anyone can tell me how to adjust the volume after it's recorded, I would love to hear it!<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!

Re:that puts you - 11/07/02 04:47 PM

Try going to your system prefs and adjust the input/output volume for the mic itself.<br><br>