A Very Sad Cat

Posted by: Biggerfoot

A Very Sad Cat - 11/05/02 01:14 PM

Well, I just picked up my poor cat from the vet...had her shots and a yearly shave (she is a long hair Persian)...a very sad cat and wants to hide:<br><br><br>

Re: A Very Sad Cat - 11/05/02 01:17 PM

Here is her "before" picture:<br><br><br>
Posted by: Mcteak

Re: A Very Sad Cat - 11/05/02 01:18 PM

Looks like a poor, sad and mad cat!<br><br>Too Easy!<br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: A Very Sad Cat - 11/05/02 01:19 PM

Why the shave??<br>Getting close to winter there is it not?<br><br>

Re: A Very Sad Cat - 11/05/02 01:21 PM

LOL! Yeah...I forgot about that...yes a very MAD cat...anyone would be mad after three shots...and getting tugged around by someone with a set of clippers!<br><br>

Re: A Very Sad Cat - 11/05/02 01:24 PM

She is a long (very) hair cat and even though I do brush her, she gets mats...pretty bad in some places. She will not sit still for a comb. <br><br>The vet states that long hair cats always get mats and it best to shave them off because they make the cat feel like their hair is being pulled all of the time. They mainly happen around the rear end.<br><br>
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: A Very Sad Cat - 11/05/02 01:27 PM

I would suggest a summer shaving next time as well!<br><br><br>[color:red]Hold on...it's time for a</font color=red><br>

Re: A Very Sad Cat - 11/05/02 01:32 PM

I needed to wait for her shots to come due...I have a heated mat for her if she gets too cold. By the next day, I can tell she always feels so much better.<br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: A Very Sad Cat - 11/05/02 01:34 PM

That's interesting. I've never had a long-hair cat, so didn't know that a shave was necessary. I guess the hair's too long for the cat to keep herself from getting matted hair just by licking?<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: MrsJonnyCat

Re: A Very Sad Cat - 11/05/02 01:34 PM

Oh, she is very beautiful, before and after! (even in her sad and mad mood, she is cute) <br><br>

Re: A Very Sad Cat - 11/05/02 01:36 PM

Here people shave their Persians at summer - well its kinda summer time here year round.<br><br>Anyway - I seen people shave/shape their Persians to look like French Poddles, very trippy looking cats. Those poor poddle looking cats have this expression of "I feel like a dog" <br><br>

Re: A Very Sad Cat - 11/05/02 01:40 PM

When I take her in, they always ask if I want some type of special cut. This time they asked if I wanted a "lion cut." I have no idea what it is and I wish I had asked for a photo!<br><br>I guess she got the "Rat Cut" today!<br><br><br><br>

Re: A Very Sad Cat - 11/05/02 01:45 PM

Well, I had to look around...here is a "Loin Cut."<br><br><br><br>

Re: A Very Sad Cat - 11/05/02 01:45 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>I guess she got the "Rat Cut" today!<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>LOL<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: A Very Sad Cat - 11/05/02 02:08 PM

LOL<br>Hey the Lion cut looks good - I would also shave the legs it kinda throws the Lion look for me.<br><br>The black Persian I seen was cut just like a poddle. With the fur ball at the end of the tail and fur balls at the paws, with the Lions cut at the head.<br><br>
Posted by: KateSorensen

"Loin Cut." - 11/05/02 02:08 PM

Ouch !<br><br>j/k<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: A Very Sad Cat - 11/05/02 02:24 PM

Now THAT is one COOL LOOKING CAT!!!<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!
Posted by: MacGuru

Re: A Very Sad Cat - 11/05/02 02:35 PM

I miss my cat, She is in Cambridge and I am in London , She is one crazy cat though never really grew up.<br><br>Here is a picture of her if anyone is interested...<br><br><br><br>"I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring."<br>- Richard P Feynman, Last Words<br>
Posted by: Swatcat

Re: A Very Sad Cat - 11/05/02 02:56 PM

<br><br>
Posted by: iRock

Re: A Very Sad Cat - 11/05/02 07:10 PM

She's cute! But looks madder than an old wet hen. They really do feel better when they get that done. Our 2 dogs love to go to the groomer. To Dickens it's like a doggy amusement park. They sleep for 2 days when they come home. They always tell us when we go to pick them up(they are there from 9am to about 4 or 5pm)that they were really behaved. We think they must have them confused with some other dogs. How long does it take your kitty to get over it? Does she have a name?<br><br>And yours is cute too MacGuru. Neat ears. What is her name?<br><br>Here's a wonder cat.<br> <br><br>The wine urges me on, the bewitching wine, which sets even a wise man to singing and to laughing gently and rouses him up to dance and brings forth words <br>which were better unspoken.<br>Homer

Re: A Very Sad Cat - 11/05/02 07:32 PM

Pretty kitty, MacGuru. Love the tufts in the ears. She (he) looks pretty big.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: greenme1

Re: A Very Sad Cat - 11/05/02 08:07 PM

Here is a pic of my cat Shadow<br><br><br><br><br>

Re: A Very Sad Cat - 11/05/02 08:16 PM

Here's my Scout<br><br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: morserj

Re: A Very Sad Cat - 11/05/02 10:28 PM

Another black cat (and a dog) for the collection<br><br><br><br>Ryan
Posted by: iRock

Re: A Very Sad Cat - 11/05/02 10:58 PM

I think it's unanimous, we all have adorable pets. <br>How about another pet photo parade?<br><br>Here's an entry from the Auman household. Not long after a haircut, Biggerfoot. Probably only about a week.<br>Dickens is the big guy(look at the ear set, former showdog until his hip went bad at 8 months) & Princess the 12 pound tornado from Texas.<br><br>The wine urges me on, the bewitching wine, which sets even a wise man to singing and to laughing gently and rouses him up to dance and brings forth words <br>which were better unspoken.<br>Homer
Posted by: Krasni

Our pets - 11/06/02 12:25 AM

Yes, our pets are adorable. Here is my Osvaldo again:<br><br><br>

Re: A Very Sad Cat - 11/06/02 12:40 AM

She is actually very small for an adult cat. She got pregnant at a very early age which stunted her growth and also made her slightly unhinged. Her name is Moppy, Short for Little Miss Moppet (A cat in a Beartrix Potter Book).<br><br>"I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring."<br>- Richard P Feynman, Last Words<br>

Re: A Very Sad Cat - 11/06/02 07:45 AM

Our currently oldest cat, Venice, we acquired fifteen years ago when she decided that it was either us or death. She came to us having clearly given birth to a litter not too long before, but so skinny and small that, the vet said, she couldn't have been more than 10 or 12 months old. She'd lost her litter. She was so bedraggled and full of sores that we were a bit afraid of letting her into the house at first--the other cats weren't too happy at the idea either. She didn't know about litter boxes. She didn't know about playing. All she did was eat and eat for a long time.<br><br>She's still with us, and now must be around 16 years of age. She's learned to play <br><br>And the cats she didn't get along with when we first got her have since passed away. The younger cats think she's the queen of the house--as does the dog, who is at least 10 times her size, but is terrified of her <br><br>edit: we named her Venice because we got her the fall after we'd been to Venice and seen an incredible number of feral, half-starved, diseased cats there. It's a gorgeous city, but they need to do something about their cat population. Maybe they have doe since we were there.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by yoyo52 on 11/06/02 10:47 AM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>
Posted by: Lori

Re: A Very Sad Cat - 11/06/02 08:37 AM

Funny thing about the cats in Venice. My honey told me that when he was growing up in Italy, cats were not considered pets and were not usually kept in the house. They were kept in the barns or underneath the house where they stored their grains a veggies to keep away the rats and mice. They never fed the cats.<br><br>

Re: A Very Sad Cat - 11/06/02 09:06 AM

Rufus is thinking about you... and he wishes a speedy "emotional-recover"!!!<br><br><br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!

Re: A Very Sad Cat - 11/06/02 09:08 AM

LOL!<br><br>He looks like he could eat my little Stimpy in one bit!<br><br>
Posted by: Giaguara

Re: A Very Sad Cat - 11/06/02 10:23 AM

<br><br>Looks sad your kitty...<br><br>mine (one of two) .. sends wishes to her!!<br><br><br><br><br>Giaguara<br>

Re: A Very Sad Cat - 11/06/02 10:39 AM

<br><br>Ok, my other kitty sends wishes too ... here he's on the snow...<br><br>my cats page<br><br>Giaguara<br>

Re: A Very Sad Cat - 11/06/02 10:51 AM

He probably could.... he weighs-in at around 50-55lbs right now... and he's just a puppy!<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!

Re: A Very Sad Cat - 11/06/02 11:21 AM

oh there are both "street cats" and home cats here...<br>street cats only in south though. many feed them as well .. so bringing some extra food for them. i like the street cats, they are normally so delicate structured.. and so FREE .. <br><br>but then the normal cats.. oh yes there are!! mine are black "just cats" .. mixed but nice character. must have some siamese blood, he is very vivid .. and has long legs. and she.. his sister, is really different as character... my male cat like's the cars.. and computers as well.. so many times he's been looking wtf i'm doing with a computer.. looking that way that i took him out of the room when i left.. now.. would be curious to see how he'd use jaguar.. hehe ^_^<br><br><br><br>Giaguara<br>
Posted by: sross

Re: A Very Sad Cat - 11/06/02 01:32 PM

We told our pup "Gracie" about the shave and she sends her sympathy.<br><br><br>

Re: A Very Sad Cat - 11/06/02 02:33 PM

My cat is a similar age and got pregnant at a similar age too, though we had her at the time but had not yet got here fixed as the vet said it was to early for her to get pregnant. We had to give the litter away as we allready had 2 cats in the house and my parents did not have room for 3 young boys and 6 cats. <br><br>As I said she never really grew up and still behaves like a kitten, she is also kind of stupid but I don't hold that against her. She is also the vainest cat I know and she is allways showing off her stomach to everyone. She is also incredibly fussy and turns her nose up at most food in her bowl, but that does not stop her from eating anything that looks edible that happens to be lying around (she seems to quite like carrot!?!).<br><br>"I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring."<br>- Richard P Feynman, Last Words<br>