H-Hours is Just About Here

Posted by: Biggerfoot

H-Hours is Just About Here - 10/31/02 02:51 PM

10 minutes and counting until the kids hit for Trick or Treat. I do not mind the local kids but they always cart in kids for all over...nearly headed out this year...spent over $20 in candy that only lasts an hour or so.<br><br>
Posted by: Swatcat

Re: H-Hours is Just About Here - 10/31/02 02:57 PM

I have had about three here so far my wife is picking up more candy.<br>Rumor is I ate a little bit and it needs to be replaced <br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: H-Hours is Just About Here - 10/31/02 02:59 PM

don't you just hate rumors! <br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!

Re: H-Hours is Just About Here - 10/31/02 02:59 PM

That is one reason I hate to give it all out...I wanted some! And I give out the good stuff. Last year had to stop kids from coming 3-4 times....no kids yet...cold and rainy here (yeah!)<br><br>

Re: H-Hours is Just About Here - 10/31/02 03:02 PM

I only road tested the best stuff,I would't want the little tykes to get all that sugar <br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: H-Hours is Just About Here - 10/31/02 03:05 PM

I'm sure you also want to make sure that they get only the best quality stuff, right?<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: MikeSellers

Re: H-Hours is Just About Here - 10/31/02 03:18 PM

Off to trick or treat,<br>smell their feet,<br>give them something good to eat.<br>If I don't,<br>they don't care,<br>they'll pull down my underwear.<br><br>
Posted by: lesh

Re: H-Hours is Just About Here - 10/31/02 03:19 PM

I have not sampled from the Halloween candy bowl - I am too full from all of the chocolates from Swatcat. <br><br>One group of three kiddos so far - and they live across the street.<br><br>[color:red]When all is said and done, much more is said than done.</font color=red>

Re: H-Hours is Just About Here - 10/31/02 03:25 PM

I am only giving out one per this year...unless I know them.<br><br>

Top Ten Signs You're Too Old to Be Trick or Treati - 10/31/02 03:28 PM

<br><br><br>10. You get winded from knocking on the door.<br>9. You have to have another kid chew the candy for you.<br>8. You ask for high fiber candy only.<br>7. When someone drops a candy bar in your bag, you lose your balance and fall over.<br>6. People say, "Great Keith Richards mask!" and you're not wearing a mask.<br>5. When the door opens you yell, "Trick or..." and can't remember the rest.<br>4. By the end of the night, you have a bag full of restraining orders.<br>3. You have to carefully choose a costume that won't dislodge your hairpiece.<br>2. You're the only Power Ranger in the neighborhood with a walker.<br>And the #1 Sign You're Too Old to Be Trick or Treating<br>1. You avoid going to houses where your ex-wives live.<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: JonnyCat

Re: where are the trick or treators - 10/31/02 03:35 PM

6:35, not a peep yet! ( I got home at 5:50)<br><br>did I miss them <br><br>do I have to eat the candy? [yum] or I mean <br><br>

Re: got my first three! - 10/31/02 03:39 PM

yay!<br><br>

Re: where are the trick or treators - 10/31/02 03:40 PM

Im in big trouble Im half way cleaned out,I hope the wife gets here soon .<br><br><br>

Re: where are the trick or treators - 10/31/02 03:42 PM

I am already down to the last big bag of <br>snickers....<br><br>

Re: where are the trick or treators - 10/31/02 03:44 PM

I was under orders to hand out the snickers last, butterfingers first (at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it!)<br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: H-Hours is Just About Here - 10/31/02 03:47 PM

Might be a rain out here. Bummer<br>I bought 6 bags of candy and put out all the Holloween scary decorations outside.<br><br>Interesting that a few years ago I got a ton of Foreign college students at my door, tieing one one. They thought that this event was something spectacular in the view point of that strangers were giving candy away to strangers. Gave me a kinda neat feeling.<br><br>

Re: where are the trick or treators - 10/31/02 03:48 PM

I was holding out with the Snickers too. I screwed up this year...i thought I bought a big bag of Reese Cups but got the sticks instead...they went first. <br><br>I can not get over how many grown-ups are out with hands out!<br><br>

Snickers is what I road tested only about 9 on them.<br>I may have to start handing out cans of tuna <br><br>

BTW JonnyCat<br>I really like your new sig - Fantastic.<br><br>
Posted by: margadagio

Re: H-Hours is Just About Here - 10/31/02 03:51 PM

We've had a ton of kids so far. I'm amazed since the weather here is miserable. <br>Here I was, hoping for leftovers. bummer <br><br><br><br>

Re: where are the trick or treators - 10/31/02 03:51 PM

heh heh, we did the quality control on the snickers two weeks ago and had to get more.<br><br>they passed the test!<br><br>

Re: where are the trick or treators - 10/31/02 03:51 PM

I just throw all the candy into a big bowl and stir.<br><br>I tell the kids to say "BOOOOO" if not I can take candy from their bag.<br><br>

Re: where are the trick or treators - 10/31/02 03:52 PM

thanks,<br><br>I spent a bit of time on google searching for the animated gif<br>(yeah, I ripped it off - not one of my creations)<br><br>

Re: where are the trick or treators - 10/31/02 03:58 PM

Thanks for your honesty, Big Guy.<br>Still looks great and it does look like your cat whiched that fooled me.<br><br>

Re: the art of handing out candy - 10/31/02 04:13 PM

so after what seemed to be dismal showing of kids, I was handing out handfuls at a time.<br><br>The neighborhood must be on alert now to my house, I'm being hit by swarms now,<br><br>have to conserve and hand out less so I don't run out now <br><br>

Re: the art of handing out candy - 10/31/02 04:16 PM

Do what I do.<br>If those little monsters don't scare you - take candy from them.<br>Those losers. <br><br>

Re: the art of handing out candy - 10/31/02 04:16 PM

Im out lights out Im hideing in the dark with my Mac<br><br>

Re: the art of handing out candy - 10/31/02 04:17 PM

I am down to about 10 left...but it has slowed down.<br><br>

Re: the art of handing out candy - 10/31/02 04:18 PM

heh heh, or I could just run up and knock on the neighbor's doors and say trick or treat.... need to find a costume quick!<br><br>

Re: the art of handing out candy - 10/31/02 04:19 PM

Hey when I ran out of candy one year. I to turned out the lites and hid.<br>I could here kids walking by saying (Jerk) Or was that their parents?<br><br>

Re: the art of handing out candy - 10/31/02 04:21 PM

I thought turning out the lights was the international symbol for out of candy <br><br>the swarm has stopped, there is a lull in the action, in my arsenal is two bags of snickers, I can save them!<br><br>

Re: the art of handing out candy - 10/31/02 04:23 PM

I will look out the windows and see if there is a lynch mob out there<br><br>

Re: the art of handing out candy - 10/31/02 04:25 PM

Yes it is an international symbol.<br>I still got kids that walked by and saw the lite turn off and said "Jerk"<br><br>I was kinda funny actualy. <br><br>

Re:things slowing down here (insert pirate laugh) - 10/31/02 04:43 PM

<embed src="http://www.imacusers.com/maccentral/halloween.mov" width="320" height="260" autoplay="false" /><br> press play to start <br><br>

Re:things slowing down here (insert pirate laugh) - 10/31/02 04:47 PM

Trick Or Treat<br>now give me some Snickers<br><br>
Posted by: lesh

Re:things slowing down here (insert pirate laugh) - 10/31/02 04:48 PM

Now that's the scariest thing I've seen all day!<br><br>[color:red]When all is said and done, much more is said than done.</font color=red>

Re:things slowing down here (insert pirate laugh) - 10/31/02 04:49 PM

My lights are going out now...10 minutes left...a record!<br><br>

Re:things slowing down here (insert pirate laugh) - 10/31/02 04:49 PM

LOL<br>Good one<br> Sorry all I have already gotten into the Beer<br>So forgive me that I am not writting to well.<br><br>I was bad before but now its real scary.<br><br>

Re:things slowing down here (insert pirate laugh) - 10/31/02 04:51 PM

Not a bad idea Carp...hummmmm got that 30 pack sitting in the fridge...<br><br>

Re:things slowing down here (insert pirate laugh) - 10/31/02 04:53 PM

damn,<br><br>now I'm having mixed emotions, candy or beer? they don't go together.... hmm... one or the other, decisions, decisions<br><br>

Re:things slowing down here (insert pirate laugh) - 10/31/02 04:55 PM

LOL...I am sitting here in the dark and can hear them still running up to my door...only five minutes left....<br><br>

Re:things slowing down here (insert pirate laugh) - 10/31/02 04:58 PM

I don't eat candy<br>The Beer wins.<br><br>
Posted by: MikeSellers

Re: Oooooooh, I feel nauseous . . . - 10/31/02 05:47 PM

Too much chocolate, sugar, salt, peanuts, coconut, almonds and crispety, crunchety, peanut-buttery goodness. I need to detox.<br><br>

Re: I'm getting there too... - 10/31/02 05:55 PM

<embed src="http://imacusers.com/maccentral/candy.mov" width="320" height="260" autoplay="false" /><br> press play to start <br><br>

Re: I'm getting there too... - 10/31/02 06:11 PM

how come my snickers are in brown wrappers?<br><br>