Wonders of X

Posted by: yoyo52

Wonders of X - 10/31/02 08:29 AM

Just a stray thought, but something I forget so easily. Last night, when I wanted to post the pictures of my kid's soccer team, I had IE running, of course. I had Goliath going. I was scanning one picture while cropping the other one with GC. And I had mail coming in automatically at the same time.<br><br>And X didn't even blink. And that's with a lowly 400 MHz G4. Lordy lordy, what a great OS!<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Wonders of X - 10/31/02 08:57 AM

Yeah... nice to finally have a real OS isn't it!<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Wonders of X - 10/31/02 06:40 PM

You should experience it with a dualie G4.....WOW is all I can say! Not a hiccup. Hope everyone here gets a new Mac sometime soon or next year, when even this dualie will be old hat. But hey, it's always like that.<br><br>Yeah, OS X is da bomb! <br><br>

Re: Wonders of X - 10/31/02 07:29 PM

Could you talk to my wife about that, Mike? Please?<br><br>Or better, to the house painter and the orthodontist <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Wonders of X - 10/31/02 07:45 PM

Can the house painter, buy a Mac, paint the house yourself. Teeth, well you gotta pay.<br><br><br><br>

Re: Wonders of X - 10/31/02 08:03 PM

Not a Pennsylvania row house, thank you very much. I'd rather pay someone who's willing to risk life and limb for money.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: Wonders of X - 11/01/02 05:30 AM

Speaking of 'Wonders of X', I tried out the 'Screensaver as background trick' with the Marine Aquarium saver- let's just say the wife was REALLY impressed...<br><br><br>[color:red]Hold on...it's time for a</font color=red><br>

Re: Wonders of X - 11/01/02 05:33 AM

You know I gave been trying to find the Marine Aquarium screensaver. I saw it at a Compusa running on a Mac. Is it on the Jaguar install disks? It wasn't installed on my new dualie. Looks very real. TIA.<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Wonders of X - 11/01/02 06:03 AM

Not part of Jag, but you can find it at versiontracker.<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: Wonders of X - 11/01/02 06:39 AM

Or on serenescene.com<br><br>[color:red]Hold on...it's time for a</font color=red><br>
Posted by: Lori

Re: Wonders of X - 11/01/02 06:48 AM

I got the screen saver at the site that Daddymac listed. My son who has a real salt water tank was so impressed. Actually he was so impressed with everything about my new iMac, he started asking if OS X could be installed on the old iMac I gave him.<br><br><br>

Re: Wonders of X - 11/01/02 06:51 AM

Thanks guys!<br><br>