Islamic desktop pict

Posted by: iraszl

Islamic desktop pict - 10/30/02 02:26 AM

<br><br>I thought I should share this nice wrought iron piece from Beit al Koran (House of Koran).<br><br>As you probably know up to recent times pictures and illustrations of humans or animals was banned in most parts of the muslim world. So all the information that could've been communicated with pictures needed to be incorporated into the writing itself. That's why all the different styles and schools of callygraphy developed. The style also set the mood and the context of the text, besides it's obvious meaning.<br><br>This example is a special style, called zoomorphic calligraphy, where the calligraphy is specially rendered into the shape of an object and mostly animals.<br><br> Here is a desktop version in 1152x870 size if anyone interested<br><br>http://raszl.net
Posted by: Krasni

Re: Islamic desktop pict - 10/30/02 03:02 AM

That's wonderful. Thanks.<br><br>
Posted by: Lori

Re: Islamic desktop pict - 10/30/02 06:01 AM

that is beautiul. thanks for sharing the info with us.<br><br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Islamic desktop pict - 10/30/02 07:02 AM

Very nice use of color! <br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Islamic desktop pict - 10/30/02 07:58 AM

Gee, now I don't know whether to use the picture or the graphic. Thanks!<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: turd38

Re: Islamic desktop pict - 10/30/02 08:52 AM

Although it is a stunning piece of work, I appreciate the cultural lesson the most! Thank you. I have no doubt some will learn more from your posts than any school here has taught.<br><br>
Posted by: lesh

Re: Islamic desktop pict - 10/30/02 09:17 AM

Thank you once again iraszl, for sharing something so filled with beauty and meaning with the rest of us!<br><br>You say wrought iron? It looks more like a stained glass piece.<br><br>[color:red]When all is said and done, much more is said than done.</font color=red>
Posted by: iraszl

Re: Islamic desktop pict - 10/30/02 10:56 AM

yes you're right. it is stained glass, i've mixed up the terms. sorry.<br><br>http://raszl.net
Posted by: margadagio

Re: Islamic desktop pict - 10/30/02 12:26 PM

Very nice! Thank you<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: rman

Re: Islamic desktop pict - 10/30/02 12:31 PM

thanx for sharing.<br><br>