Reason I Hate People #12

Posted by:

Reason I Hate People #12 - 09/24/04 06:57 AM

Just got an e-mail from a longtime friend that works at this same company...<br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>starting to feel like you're avoiding me............ :-(<p><hr></blockquote><p>I get this e-mail from her roughly once a month. I'm sorry that I can't sit next to her to babysit her feelings on an hourly basis, but I'm BUSY WORKING!!! Jesus, why are some people so dependent on constant affirmation of a friendship with mindless chit chat?<br><br>Maybe I'll set up a script that will e-mail her every hour with a message that says "I'm giving you attention right now. I'm not avoiding you. We're still friends."<br><br>Some people, I tell ya!<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Reason I Hate People #12 - 09/24/04 07:07 AM

You slept with her didn't you... you dumb sonofabeotch!!! NEVER, EVER, EVER.... EVER screw someone you work with!!! <br><br>
Posted by: Pete

Re: Reason I Hate People #12 - 09/24/04 07:21 AM

Now, I'm not stereotyping but here's a little piece of advice about women:<br><br>99.9% of women LOVE communication, and while a man might not think twice about not talking to one of his other male buddies for months at a time (and still pick right up where they left off), women take it personally and think they must have done 'something wrong' when you don't make contact every once in a while...<br><br>Something in the DNA, I guess. That and shoes. <br><br>[color:red]C'mon...you know me.</font color=red>
Posted by:

Re: Reason I Hate People #12 - 09/24/04 07:21 AM

I wish! <br><br>I've had a bunch of people in my life that thought unless I was in constant contact with them it was a sign of deliberate avoidance. Well, maybe I have a life (what little there is of it) of my own to live, you narcissistic a-holes!!<br><br>I really think each and every person should live ALONE for at least two years of their life to be weened from their dependence of others to survive. It builds character (and your right arm). <br><br>
Posted by: Krasni

Re: Reason I Hate People #12 - 09/24/04 07:37 AM

Gizmo, that's right right right right<br><br>
Posted by: iRock

Re: Reason I Hate People #12 - 09/24/04 07:38 AM

My sister-in-law has a management position working for the state in education. She has two women working under her that if she doesn't come in in the morning and say hello to them separately using each of their names they are mad all day. A blanket hello will not do. "You didn't say Hello to me."<br>Crazy. I am lucky enough that the weirdest people at work think I am their friend because I have to help everyone with their computers. They confide to me things I really would rather not know.<br><br>
Posted by: iRock

Re: Reason I Hate People #12 - 09/24/04 07:39 AM

HeeHee Bingo!<br><br>

Re: Reason I Hate People #12 - 09/24/04 07:39 AM

Hmm, sounds like someone's had a personal experience to share about dipping the pen in the company ink...<br><br>[color:red]C'mon...you know me.</font color=red>
Posted by:

Re: Reason I Hate People #12 - 09/24/04 08:06 AM

See? The "Rock de la i" knows what I'm talking about.<br><br>
Posted by: Optimus_George

Re: Reason I Hate People #12 - 09/24/04 08:08 AM

Sam... whatcha doin'? Why don't you call me anymore? What's goin' on? Hey there muscly-arm. Why the long face? I have some popsicles in the basement for ya.<br><br>
Posted by:

Re: Reason I Hate People #12 - 09/24/04 08:20 AM

<br><br>

Re: Reason I Hate People #12 - 09/24/04 08:22 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! <br><br>
Posted by: nutty

Re: Reason I Hate People #12 - 09/24/04 08:24 AM

yeah, cause you end marrying them! and having kids :)<br><br>You cant polish a Turd.
Posted by: walzuhair

Re: Reason I Hate People #12 - 09/24/04 08:30 AM

Just say "YES, I AM AVOIDING YOU... CAN'T YOU TAKE A HINT.."<br>Case closed.. Everybody is happy.. One less greeting card to send on holidays.. Hehe<br><br>
Posted by:

Re: Reason I Hate People #12 - 09/24/04 08:33 AM

Just say "YES, I AM AVOIDING YOU... CAN'T YOU TAKE A HINT.."<br><br>I actually sent an e-mail like that to a friend a few months ago. Haven't heard from her since, and life's been so peaceful!<br><br>
Posted by: walzuhair

Re: Reason I Hate People #12 - 09/24/04 09:38 AM

You know what, don't even send an email.. Just ignore.. No closer.. Nothing documented.. MUAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA<br><br>**Waleed's evil horns coming out**<br><br>
Posted by:

Re: Reason I Hate People #12 - 09/24/04 09:52 AM

You can't ignore someone showing up at your apartment at 11pm, or waiting in the parking lot for you to leave for work.<br><br>
Posted by: Trog

Re: Reason I Hate People #12 - 09/24/04 09:57 AM

I hope you don't own any pet rabbits?<br><br>
Posted by:

Re: Reason I Hate People #12 - 09/24/04 10:05 AM

Mmmmm. Rabbit stew.<br><br>(If it's rabbit baby wants... it's rabbit baby gets!)<br><br>
Posted by: SparkCollector

Re: Reason I Hate People #12 - 09/24/04 10:13 AM

Do you get hang-up calls at home after you've told someone not to call you? (Or on your cell...didn't you recently dump your landline?)<br><br>Do the *57 Trace Call thing.<br><br>I had an stalking ex-girlfriend charged with harrassment-by-communications using that. If you need more info about how I worked the process and what I said to the cops and the District Justice, just let me know.<br><br>
Posted by: LoveTheBomb

Re: Reason I Hate People #12 - 09/24/04 10:13 AM

You'll love this then. I work at my University and when the first week that classes started, I got real busy. Here's a message I got on AIM:<br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p><br>[color:red]her</font color=red>: hey there<br>[color:blue]lovethebomb</font color=blue>: working on stuff<br>[color:red]her</font color=red>: up for doing something tonight?!?! let me know!!!<br>[color:green]Her Away Message</font color=green>: Anyoen up for doing something tonight?!?!?? Let me know!!! (relaxin)<br>[color:green]Her Away Message</font color=green>: anyone up for doing something tonight?!?!?? I'm making some dinner!!<br>[color:green]Her Away Message</font color=green>: At the gym for about an hour so.......leave me one and I'll get back to ya!!! Matt, if you're up for doing something tonight give my cell a ring<br>[color:red]her</font color=red>: board out of my mind.......really dont want to sit in my apartment the entire night so let me know if ya wanna do something.........<br>[color:red]her</font color=red>: i just want you to know that a friendship goes both ways and i didnt want to have to always be the person having to contact you to hang out. you neeed to call me to<br><p><hr></blockquote><p>-Matt<br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by LoveTheBomb on 09/24/04 01:17 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: Reason I Hate People #12 - 09/24/04 10:30 AM

hehe<br>http://familyguy.armygrade.com/media/cat_audio/messages.mp3<br><br><br>-Matt<br><br>
Posted by:

Re: Reason I Hate People #12 - 09/24/04 10:50 AM

HAHAHAHA! I love it!<br><br>

Re: Reason I Hate People #12 - 09/24/04 11:10 AM

CLASSIC!!! Thanks! <br><br>

Re: Reason I Hate People #12 - 09/24/04 11:44 AM

The freaky thing about that character is that he doesn't sound like an old man... give me goose bumps whenever I watch that scene.<br><br>-Matt<br><br>

Re: Reason I Hate People #12 - 09/24/04 11:47 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>...he doesn't sound like an old man...<p><hr></blockquote><p>He sounds like my old man... hmmm... <br><br>
Posted by:

Re: Reason I Hate People #12 - 09/24/04 11:53 AM

Eww?<br><br>
Posted by: skuldugary

Re: Reason I Hate People #12 - 09/24/04 12:19 PM

On the other side of the fence, I have a friend who it litteraly takes an act of God to get together with. 9 out of 10 times we make plans, she bails at the last minute. <br>There's nothing going on between us. Just friends, but I see her about once every three months. I am at the point where I'll suggest we hook up but already have plans becuse I know she'll say no, or cancel at the last minute. <br><br>That I really don't get. None of my other friends do that.<br><br>
Posted by:

Re: Reason I Hate People #12 - 09/24/04 01:37 PM

Sounds like my kind of woman!! <br><br>
Posted by:

I finally reply. - 09/24/04 01:52 PM

<br><br><br><br>

Re: I finally reply. - 09/24/04 01:57 PM

If this girl is not that close of a friend to you, then she's got issues...<br><br>[color:red]C'mon...you know me.</font color=red>
Posted by: MattMac112

Re: Reason I Hate People #12 - 09/24/04 02:34 PM

Yep . . . I have a friend who does that too. . . She'll blast me with four emails in a row . . . and if I don't respond within 7.6 seconds and she's "concerned" about our friendship. <br><br>****************<br><br>[color:blue]VOTE</font color=blue>[color:red] for President George W. Bush on November 2, 2004</font color=red>
Posted by: Bryan

Re: Reason I Hate People #12 - 09/24/04 03:54 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>I really think each and every person should live ALONE for at least two years of their life to be weened from their dependence of others to survive. It builds character (and your right arm).<p><hr></blockquote><p>You hit the nail on the head. It's a maturity issue. Some people NeeeeeeD other people around them CONSTANTLY. That's a sure sign they have NEVER had to make it on their own. <br><br>Unfortunately, too many people live in a fantasyland where life is constantly one big party. Some grow out of it by the time they're 30, an increasing number of people never do. <br><br>
Posted by: alAnonymous

Re: Reason I Hate People #12 - 09/25/04 09:21 AM

I agree... it's likely an age thing but when you think about it, up until your mid twenties most people are given a very tight, easily accessed social group through school. Then suddenly it's cold turkey when you hit the real world... you're friend is probably more upset about "the real world" than she is about not being able to connect with you. You're just an affirmation of reality she doesn't want to face.<br><br>What's even scarier than "friends" that do this? Imagine your BOSS being in that phase... *shudder*<br>
Posted by: carp

Re: Reason I Hate People #12 - 09/25/04 03:02 PM

Yep I know people even men that really needs to be surrounded with people all day and they are the ones that have tons of children. That would drive me nuts - I am a very private person and certainly don't mind being alone.<br><br>One guy I know took a 2nd job as a Tour Bus driver just to be around people. Hes got 3 kids a wife and the 1st job he works in a department store - talk about needy people. Oh well the fear of being alone is to much for some.<br><br>Sam<br>Did you dip the pen in the companies ink. Sounds like it or she wants the pen??<br><br>