Tool Bar icons

Posted by: yoyo52

Tool Bar icons - 10/28/02 08:13 PM

I saw the story on the MM front page, and went here to get the MM icon for my IE toolbar. Now, this is what my toolbar looks like:<br><br><br><br>Clicking on the MM icon takes you to the front page. Pretty neat!<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"<br>
Posted by: Biggerfoot

Re: Tool Bar icons - 10/28/02 08:24 PM

too neat! I was able to add my morning stops! thanks<br><br>

Re: Tool Bar icons - 10/28/02 08:26 PM

Did you get the one for the astronomy picture of the day? Just went to the site. What a great picture! And they change it daily, too.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"<br>
Posted by: Lori

Re: Tool Bar icons - 10/28/02 08:42 PM

I had way too much fun at that site.<br><br><br><br>

Re: Tool Bar icons - 10/28/02 08:52 PM

LOL<br><br>I put on VT and AstroPix, which I think will become part of my daily routine from now on. I wish they had a dealmac icon. I go to dealmac fifty times a day to drool, and would appreciate it if I could do it more quickly <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"<br>
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: Tool Bar icons - 10/28/02 09:11 PM

Hmm, too bad I use Mozilla most of the time now...<br><br>[color:red]Hold on...it's time for a</font color=red><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: Tool Bar icons - 10/28/02 10:18 PM

Dang another reason to upgrade to OSX.<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Tool Bar icons - 10/29/02 05:55 AM

[url=http://homepage.mac.com/sergeidoc/toolbar/etoolbar.html]Here's another site that has been around for a while. Click the archive link for tons more. There are drop down menus on each archive page for easy navigation. Lots & lots of them.<br><br>I don't know if you guys knew this, but you can create your own using Adobe ImageReady.<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red>
Posted by: Mactico

Re: Tool Bar icons - 10/29/02 06:56 AM

MacGizmo link<br><br>

Re: Tool Bar icons - 10/29/02 07:06 AM

You can create your own, but how would you implement them into the browser?<br><br><br>[color:red]Hold on...it's time for a</font color=red><br>

Re: Tool Bar icons - 10/29/02 08:03 AM

I'll show you how to make one in a sec...<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by MacGizmo on 10/29/02 11:35 AM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: Tool Bar icons - 10/29/02 08:04 AM

thanks Mactico... I didn't notice I messed up the link! <br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red>

Re: Tool Bar icons - 10/29/02 08:06 AM

Embed a link? Where would you do that, in ImageReady?<br><br>I wonder if that process couldn't be used to create an icon for your own portfolio site, and then send it to people and have some sort of Applescript run and place it in their browser automatically...<br><br>Then your site would always be in their toolbar!<br><br>[color:red]Hold on...it's time for a</font color=red><br>

Re: Tool Bar icons - 10/29/02 08:37 AM

Check it out!<br>I only made a Toolbar logo the size for when you show ICONS ONLY in your toolbar, if you want TEXT & ICONS, then I would have to make it a bit smaller, but you get the idea. Just drag the gif to your toolbar.<br><br>To make it, you create your "artwork" in ImageReady, Photoshop or whatever. Save it as a .jpg or a .gif file. Put it in a folder on your desktop. Then, create a "Text Only" file using Word, Text Edit, etc... and type this (remember to save it as "text only" - essentially, you are making a web page):<br><br><~html><br><~a href="[color:blue]http://homepage.mac.com/jdcs</font color=blue>"><br><~img src="[color:blue]macgizmo.gif</font color=blue>" alt="[color:blue]MacGizmo</font color=blue>" border="0">[/url]<br><~/html><br><br>Obviously, get rid of the ~ and set the blue items to whatever you want. Then, save the text file as "index.html" in the same folder as the artwork. Then, open the index.html file with Explorer and drag the icon from the page to your toolbar. That's it.<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red>
Posted by: Krasni

Re: Tool Bar icons - 10/29/02 09:13 AM

Thanks Gizmo.<br><br>

Re: Tool Bar icons - 10/29/02 09:40 AM

What happens to the art file then? Can that be disposed of?<br><br>If I were to post a bunch of toolbar icons I created on a web site, how would I go about that? You obviously can't display more than one HTML file at once, right..?<br><br>[color:red]Hold on...it's time for a</font color=red><br>

Re: Tool Bar icons - 10/29/02 09:45 AM

Yes... you just repeat all the text inside the html tags. You can as many as you want. You could have an entire page of them if you want to. Then upload the entire folder to a website for others to view and copy to their toolbar. Once it is in your toolbar, you don't have to keep it.<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red>

Re: Tool Bar icons - 10/29/02 09:50 AM

Aha. I see. <br><br>And if someone were to just 'copy' the image from my page, it would have the code embedded in the file?<br><br>[color:red]Hold on...it's time for a</font color=red><br>

Re: Tool Bar icons - 10/29/02 10:04 AM

That is my understanding... once they put the icon in their toolbar, the info and icon is saved in the "English.Toolbar.xml" file in the /~User/Library/Preferences/Explorer folder. The artwork is so small that it doesn't take up much space at all.<br><br>Remember, you could make them animated .gifs as well!<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red>

Re: Tool Bar icons - 10/29/02 10:06 AM

Yeah, that's just what I need...dancing bananas in my TOOLBAR now...<br><br><br>[color:red]Hold on...it's time for a</font color=red><br>
Posted by: Mcteak

Re: Tool Bar icons - 10/29/02 10:12 AM

That I want to see...<br><br>Too Easy!<br><br>

Re: Tool Bar icons - 10/29/02 10:25 AM

Here you go!<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red>
Posted by: sross

Re: Tool Bar icons - 10/29/02 02:18 PM

Very cool. Thanks to you all.<br><br>

Re: Tool Bar icons - 10/29/02 07:44 PM

Cool, MacGizmo. Should we have a contest for the most inventive tool bar icon? Keeping it all suitable for all ages, of course <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"<br>

Re: Tool Bar icons - 10/29/02 08:15 PM

DOH!! And I had a really nice icon of bouncing boobs, and now you tell me I have to keep it clean???!!!<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red>

Re: Tool Bar icons - 10/29/02 08:18 PM

Well, are thy clean boobs?<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"<br>

Re: Tool Bar icons - 10/29/02 08:26 PM

Squeeky! But they're very, very naked!<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red>
Posted by: Mcteak

Re: Tool Bar icons - 10/29/02 08:38 PM

Just how...naked is very naked!<br><br>Too Easy!<br><br>

Re: Tool Bar icons - 10/29/02 08:46 PM

Nekkid, Naked!<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red>

Re: Tool Bar icons - 10/29/02 09:06 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Well, are thy clean boobs?<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>Gee I love quoting myself. But I jut noticed the typo, and thought how lucky I was not to have switched the order of the last two words <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"<br>