Grudge Match - Jobs vs Dell

Posted by: pops

Grudge Match - Jobs vs Dell - 05/21/01 04:30 AM

From the New York Times :<br> http://www.nytimes.com/2001/05/21/technology/21RIFT.html<br>Worth reading.<br><br>Pops (OFI)<br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Grudge Match - Jobs vs Dell - 05/25/01 09:09 PM

my money's on that Jobs kid... i hear Dell has a glass jaw and can't take a punch... <br><br>
Posted by: johnengler

Re: Grudge Match - Jobs vs Dell - 05/26/01 07:10 AM

I dunno Lon, Dell has been the market leaders when it comes to "JIT" Delivery and Manufacture... what's interesting is that Apple has learned a lot from them (as have others....) I read in the Economist the other day, that it's JIT delivery that is saving us from having a major recession right now... so, there is still room for both companies to grow, but I am for one, pulling for Apple still...<br><br>Used to be at that other Mac website... like it here now.

Re: Grudge Match - Jobs vs Dell - 05/26/01 08:24 AM

So Dell can slap together Windows boxes and can ship them efficiently. That's a very nice skill (pats MD on head.)<br><br>But Michael Dell has bragged about his zero research-and-development philosophy and of course, when it comes to innovation, Apple is a leader. So if the contest is an intelligence test, not a box shuffling game, we know who will win.<br><br>John<br><br>

Re: Grudge Match - Jobs vs Dell - 05/26/01 10:48 AM

i give the devil his due, sure... but mikey just is not in the same class as Apple, as one of the two Johns said, "zero R&D"... i am not beholden to have any respect for Dell, Inc. and mikey himself is nothing but a philistine in my book.<br><br>