Can You Record Pay-For-View Movies?

Posted by: Biggerfoot

Can You Record Pay-For-View Movies? - 10/27/02 10:04 AM

I have several coupons for free pay-for-views and need to use them before they expire.<br><br>Can you record the movies like a regular show? I have not problem recording regular programs. I have digital cable so I suspect not.<br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Can You Record Pay-For-View Movies? - 10/27/02 10:07 AM

I do, always. Mostly because I sometimes fall asleep watching TV in the evening, and if I have a pay-per-view on, I want to make sure I get my money's worth.<br><br>I have digital cable too, and because it is controlled by a digital cable box, I can't program the VCR to record, aside from on and off time. But I run the cable through the VCR en route to the TV, and just record what I'm watching. If I fall asleep, well, it will keep recording until I wake up and turn it off, or until the tape fills up.<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: walzuhair

Re: Can You Record Pay-For-View Movies? - 10/27/02 10:08 AM

The other option is to connect your VCR to the TV's AV output, if it has one.. TV must be on for this to work.<br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by walzuhair on 10/27/02 01:09 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>
Posted by: sross

Re: Can You Record Pay-For-View Movies? - 10/27/02 10:10 AM

You can? even when it's scrambled?<br>I thought you could only do it with the regular cable movies.<br><br>
Posted by: iRock

Re: Can You Record Pay-For-View Movies? - 10/27/02 10:10 AM

I do. I have DirecTV. I asked when it was installed and they were very positive. <br><br>edit <br>Oops sorry, we don't get cable here, didn't realize there was a difference.<br><br><br>"There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people: religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin."<br>-- Linus Van Pelt (Peanuts)<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by iRock on 10/27/02 01:12 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: Can You Record Pay-For-View Movies? - 10/27/02 10:12 AM

I just looked at my box...looks like I can do that...I just assumed the scrambled it so it could not be done. <br><br>That is why I like having the DVD...I can pause it or replay it if I have to turn it off.<br><br>
Posted by: walzuhair

Re: Can You Record Pay-For-View Movies? - 10/27/02 10:14 AM

Logically, yes.. A friend even managed to record a DVD I lent him this way.<br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Can You Record Pay-For-View Movies? - 10/27/02 10:15 AM

In the system where I live, the signal isn't mucked up once you've paid for the movie (the way, say, a DVD is when you try to record one). But other systems might work differently.<br><br>

Re: Can You Record Pay-For-View Movies? - 10/27/02 10:17 AM

I used the video out on my PowerBook to record segments of DVDs for classroon use via QuickTime movies...works fine that way.<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Can You Record Pay-For-View Movies? - 10/27/02 10:30 AM

I have a little App called DVDBackup that will copy a DVD... quite nice really. Although it does take a good amount of time to do it.<br><br>Anyway, to stay on topic, I can tape a Pay-per-View off digital cable using my VCR without a problem.<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red>
Posted by: carp

Re: Can You Record Pay-For-View Movies? - 10/27/02 11:49 AM

Of course you can record pay per view. I do I payed for it.<br><br>My cable set up is from the box to the VCR and out to TV as per Road Runner instructions.<br><br>I got to get a DVD player some day.<br><br>
Posted by: greenme1

Re: Can You Record Pay-For-View Movies? - 10/27/02 02:24 PM

Do you have a link to DVDBackup?<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Can You Record Pay-For-View Movies? - 10/27/02 05:03 PM

You can find it here by doing a search in their forums. You must register to get to the good stuff though.<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red>
Posted by: greenme1

Re: Can You Record Pay-For-View Movies? - 10/27/02 07:02 PM

No luck, what should i search for other than "DVDBackup" and do i have to register?<br><br>
Posted by: Lori

Re: Can You Record Pay-For-View Movies? - 10/27/02 07:23 PM

I found this link<br>and this link for the google search that might have some extra info for you<br><br><br>