Melody for the single gents

Posted by: margadagio

Melody for the single gents - 10/27/02 02:36 AM

An inspirational song <br>Tell me who this is.<br><br>Hell, I miss Napster (sigh)<br><br><embed src="http://homepage.mac.com/margadagio/.Music/George Formby - I'm a wank1.mp3" width=320 height=25 controller=true autoplay=false><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: iraszl

Re: Melody for the single gents - 10/27/02 03:02 AM

[sad]<br><br>http://raszl.net
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Melody for the single gents - 10/27/02 04:49 AM

LOL I have no idea who that is...but it's funny.<br><br>Is that Carp? <br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Melody for the single gents - 10/27/02 07:46 AM

It's gotta be.... it just sounds fishy!!! <br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Melody for the single gents - 10/27/02 08:39 AM

Now Marg, it's bad Form, By gum, to mock the needy <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"<br>

Re: Melody for the single gents - 10/27/02 08:48 AM

I know, I should be ashamed. I couldn't resist posting this though. <br><br>This song is very old, pre WW II . It was last rerecorded on the old 78's albums. Napster did more to preserve music than any entity. It's why I mourn it's demise. All the newcomers pale in comparison.<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: iRock

Re: Melody for the single gents - 10/27/02 09:09 AM

That is exactly why I was sad to see it go. It was a wealth of music really no longer available. I found some really old songs for my parents and it wasn't like it was something we could go and buy.<br><br>"There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people: religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin."<br>-- Linus Van Pelt (Peanuts)

Re: Melody for the single gents - 10/27/02 09:15 AM

My iTunes library is precious. I would say over 75% contains rare and unobtainable music. That's why I took with a clear consience. I have now burned to CD music that will be passed down to my daughter. If any other format comes along I will ensure it is preserved. Never let the music die, I say.<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Ivor Biggun - 10/27/02 11:47 AM

I haven't heard it in a long time though. Thanks Marg.<br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: Melody for the single gents - 10/27/02 11:53 AM

OSXaddict<br><br><br>
Posted by: walzuhair

Re: Melody for the single gents - 10/27/02 11:57 AM

ROTFL....<br><br>
Posted by: Mcteak

Re: Melody for the single gents - 10/27/02 12:02 PM

Aw...yes a true master of his own domain!<br><br>Too Easy!<br><br>
Posted by: walzuhair

Re: Melody for the single gents - 10/27/02 12:17 PM

Note the size of his nose.. Does that mean he's doing well in his career?<br><br>

Re: Ivor Biggun - 10/27/02 12:43 PM

George Formby<br><br><br><br>

Re: Melody for the single gents - 10/27/02 01:19 PM

Well you know the old saying "A big nose means you have a big..."<br><br>Too Easy!<br><br>
Posted by: Biggerfoot

Re: Melody for the single gents - 10/27/02 01:21 PM

Or is that the size your feet! :)<br><br>

Re: Melody for the single gents - 10/27/02 01:22 PM

I'll have to ask my wife!<br><br>Too Easy!<br><br>

Re: Melody for the single gents - 10/27/02 01:27 PM

carp, I'm laughing so hard I have tears in my eyes.<br><br><br><br>think I'll have to check out the single guys I know for a sightly larger right arm <br><br><br><br>

Re: Melody for the single gents - 10/27/02 01:35 PM

Well you know the old saying "A big nose means you have a big..."<br>Well if that is true then it certainly cannot be OSXaddict, we might have to ask Gizmo.<br><br>

Re: Melody for the single gents - 10/27/02 01:39 PM

I'am not asking him..you ask him. Besides my wife thinks it's a ratio between nose and ears.<br><br>Too Easy!<br><br>

Re: Melody for the single gents - 10/27/02 01:40 PM

Carp, you are a good looking guy! Why did you hide so long? Shy?<br>Nice to see who we are talking to.<br><br>"There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people: religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin."<br>-- Linus Van Pelt (Peanuts)

Re: Melody for the single gents - 10/27/02 01:44 PM

No It's fingers. At least that's what I heard.<br>And look, I'm a Senior again<br><-----------<br><br><br>"There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people: religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin."<br>-- Linus Van Pelt (Peanuts)
Posted by: lesh

Re: Melody for the single gents - 10/27/02 02:04 PM

Omigosh - Carp - you're there - I mean here - hey - iRock's right!<br><br>[color:purple]The shortest distance between two points is how far apart they are.</font color=purple>

Re: Melody for the single gents - 10/27/02 02:08 PM

Thanks Shelie<br>I only bust those out at holloween time to scare people. Another one thats a few years old - Bad photo due to lighting, I have brown hair and brown green eyes I never photo to well.<br><br><br>
Posted by: Lori

Re: Melody for the single gents - 10/27/02 02:12 PM

well it is certainly nice to see the man behind the fish...hehe<br><br><br>

Re: Melody for the single gents - 10/27/02 02:20 PM

Hey Carp, what service is the uniform from?<br><br>Too Easy!<br><br>

Re: Melody for the single gents - 10/27/02 02:25 PM

Ya, why have you been hiding from us for so long? Nice pic.<br><br>nice to see who calls me sweetie and doll <br><br><br><br>

Re: Melody for the single gents - 10/27/02 02:50 PM

USAF Auxiliary = CAP-USAF<br>We do local Search and Rescue, ground and air.<br><br>

Re: Melody for the single gents - 10/27/02 03:00 PM

Yes Sir...Rangers Lead The Way, Sir.<br><br>Too Easy!<br><br>

Re: Melody for the single gents - 10/27/02 03:09 PM

Your in Hawaii, correct. Our son is stationed at Schofield Barracks with the 25th Inf. He really likes it so far, except for the cost of living there.<br><br>Too Easy!<br><br>

Re: Melody for the single gents - 10/27/02 03:26 PM

Your son is correct - cost of living is kinda high. Hey small world is it not.<br><br>Waihiwa town is where Schofield Barracks is located, I live in Mililani the sister town about 5 miles south. Same district but completely different towns. The Town associations have been duking it out for a decade now about who should have control, the Waihiwa Town Association "WTA" wants control over Mililani - Mililani Town Association "MTA" wants nothing to do with WTA.<br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

I respectfully disagree - 10/27/02 04:42 PM

It has that George Formby music hall sound, but Formby died in 1961. The song was released in 1978 by Ivor Biggun as "The Winker's Song" (misprint) A good friend of mine had the album. It was "The Fruity Bits of Ivor Biggun" which can be seen here<br><br>http://catalog.songsearch.net/catalog/i/ivor_biggun.html<br><br>And the lyrics can be found here:<br><br>http://freespace.virgin.net/stephen.theobald/lyrics_winkerssong.txt<br><br><br><br>

Re: Melody for the single gents - 10/27/02 05:14 PM

Oh... so there is polticial strife in paradise! To think, I through it was just contained to certain threads and my HOA!<br><br>Too Easy!<br><br>

Re: I respectfully disagree - 10/27/02 05:15 PM

Thanks for the links, GMoney - and welcome to the MM Lounge.<br><br>[color:purple]The shortest distance between two points is how far apart they are.</font color=purple>

Re: Melody for the single gents - 10/27/02 05:41 PM

polticial strife in paradise<br><br>This state is almost all democrats like 95% so they fight with each other all the time. Hey really because of the in balance of parties - its really screwed up here.<br><br>

Re: Melody for the single gents - 10/27/02 05:44 PM

You know what's scary about your pic Carp is the color of your shirt - does it glow in the dark?<br><br>[color:red]When all is said and done, much more is said than done.</font color=red>

Re: Melody for the single gents - 10/27/02 05:47 PM

I happen to like Pastels.<br><br>

Re: Melody for the single gents - 10/27/02 06:05 PM

Must be my screen - it's kinda bright and minty!<br><br>[color:red]When all is said and done, much more is said than done.</font color=red>

Re: Melody for the single gents - 10/27/02 06:19 PM

Toxic is more appropriate. hehe<br><br>When it comes to a pissing match - apathy wins.<br>

Re: Melody for the single gents - 10/27/02 06:32 PM

Ahhh thanks I think.<br>LOL<br><br>