Posted by: Boothby4

ZOOM ZOOM - 09/10/04 06:20 AM

Got me a new ride! <br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>Salus populi suprema lex
Posted by: iRock

Re: ZOOM ZOOM - 09/10/04 06:23 AM

Really!? Very nice. <br><br>
Posted by: LoveTheBomb

Re: ZOOM ZOOM - 09/10/04 06:35 AM

I want that car sooo bad... I ride my bike up to the local Mazda dealership and take a look at the RX-8's all the time. You even got the color I wanted. Oh how I wish I wasn't a poor college student.<br><br>-Matt<br><br>
Posted by: JohnR

Re: ZOOM ZOOM - 09/10/04 06:38 AM

Nice! how about some interior pics?<br><br>
Posted by: skuldugary

Re: ZOOM ZOOM - 09/10/04 06:44 AM

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! I hope you can spend this weekend taking a long drive.<br><br>
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: ZOOM ZOOM - 09/10/04 06:46 AM

Wow, firemen make that much, eh? <br><br>Congrats- use it in good health and for, of course, getting many hot babes.<br><br>[color:white]God speed, mikeb. Go drive your Boxster in the big Autobahn in the sky...</font color=white>
Posted by: ezyrider

Re: ZOOM ZOOM - 09/10/04 07:07 AM

Congratulations. RX-8s are very cool! <br><br>
Posted by: djstefan

Re: ZOOM ZOOM - 09/10/04 08:31 AM

I see a plane engine but no wings. <br><br>Nice ride!<br><br>_________________________________________<br>You expect me to sign here or somethin?
Posted by: SgtBaxter

Re: ZOOM ZOOM - 09/10/04 09:30 AM

Congrats!<br><br>My wife is a warranty administrator for Mazda. The old RX-7's were hideously unreliable. She said they haven't been having many problems with the RX-8's, aside from the usually piddly complaints (power lock stops working, stuff like that). <br><br>Take care of it, and it should last you a long long time.<br><br>
Posted by: AdamB

Re: ZOOM ZOOM - 09/10/04 09:34 AM

and 250 miles later, Mr. Boothby returns to finally send pictures of the car. <br><br>Great ride Bro!<br><br>
Posted by: RubenC

Re: ZOOM ZOOM - 09/10/04 10:39 AM

SWEET !!<br>Nice color too !!<br>Congrats! <br><br>
Posted by: bird

Re: ZOOM ZOOM - 09/10/04 10:51 AM

Love your new "Zoom" Enjoy <br><br>
Posted by: drjohn

Re: ZOOM ZOOM - 09/10/04 11:33 AM

Nice ride, but I would have expected something a little more "classic" from you.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: cherry

Re: ZOOM ZOOM - 09/10/04 12:34 PM

Good for you— & be safe!<br><br>
Posted by: polymerase

Re: ZOOM ZOOM - 09/10/04 12:58 PM

Sweet. Suicide door is very cool. I've been trying to get my wife to replace her boring Accord with that. She doesn't think she can stuff our two kids in the back. <br><br><br><br>luciferase is a four nineteener
Posted by: Boothby4

Re: ZOOM ZOOM - 09/10/04 02:10 PM

Thanks everyone. Here's an interior pic.<br><br><br>I've been having a blast with the car. It has more room inside than it looks, but there are some quirks about rotary engines that you have to be carefull with. The biggest thing is that ANY time you start it up you have to let it warm up to operating temp before you turn it off. If you don't it will flood the engine and you won't be able to get it started again, and it gets a ride to the shop. The engine red lines at 9000 RPM and it developes most of it's power up above 5500 RPM. It spins right up there quick in the first 4 gears, so you have to keep an eye on the tach when you romp on it. The only drawback is that you have to give it more gas in 1st when starting off. It is kind of a gas hog right now, and the service manager at Mazda said it will take some time before it settles in and the gas milage improves. It's a little hard to remember to shift into 6th gear but if you like to shift gears this car is a blast. It handles fantastic. The weight is balanced 50/50 between the front and rear tires, and like any proper sports car it is rear wheel drive. Mine is the basic 6 speed making 238 Hp. There are several options packages that are available. They add things like dynamic stability control xenon headlights, leather, sunroof etc. When you get the 6 speed it comes standard with the sport tuned suspension, limited slip differential, 18" wheels, and the bigger brakes. Oh and more horsepower. Mazda has some very cool accents that you can add to the car and I'm already working on a wish list. <br><br>zoom zoom zzzzzzoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom<br><br><br>Salus populi suprema lex
Posted by: SgtBaxter

Re: ZOOM ZOOM - 09/10/04 03:00 PM

Mazda's got some nice interiors now, and I love the design cues of their current lineup.<br><br>My favorite car will always be my '94 Miata (unless I get off my ass and actually build the Cobra I keep saying I will). Great little car, most reliable thing I've ever owned. Wish I hadn't gotten rid of it, I have daily withdrawls :)<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Michael

Re: ZOOM ZOOM - 09/10/04 08:31 PM

That is just flippin sweet no matter which way you look at it. <br><br>