Halloween Fest review...

Posted by: MacGizmo

Halloween Fest review... - 10/26/02 06:05 PM

My wife and I hold Halloween Fest every year - we go out and rent all the "horror/suspense" movies we missed all year.<br><br>So far this year, we have watched 2 (Murder by Numbers and Frailty), both were decent enough, but Frailty was particularly interesting. It was a very well done movie, and a bit disturbing.<br><br>If you have a few bucks and a few hours to spare, rent Frailty... even the DVD extras are good!<br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Halloween Fest review... - 10/26/02 06:28 PM

I saw those 2 and debated on getting them. So they are both good or just Frailty?<br><br>

Re: Halloween Fest review... - 10/26/02 06:30 PM

I really liked Frailty... Murder by Numbers was OK, but I can't stand Sandra Bullock and it was a bit predictable from the start.<br><br>

Re: Halloween Fest review... - 10/26/02 06:34 PM

I haven't seen a Bullock movie in a long time. she's cute...that's about it. <br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: Halloween Fest review... - 10/26/02 06:48 PM

Ghost ship opened Friday, take your gal out for the exspensive gourmet popcorn.<br><br>

Re: Halloween Fest review... - 10/26/02 06:48 PM

Oh boy..I read the review on that...no thank you!<br><br>

Re: Halloween Fest review... - 10/26/02 06:58 PM

I normaly wait a few weeks, then they will be on rental. Then I can go and buy that exspensive gourmet popcorn for my microwave.<br><br>

Re: Halloween Fest review... - 10/26/02 07:00 PM

A few weeks? usually a few months! But with that movie, I'll pass even when it comes out on video.<br><br>

Re: Halloween Fest review... - 10/26/02 07:06 PM

Depends on box office sales.<br>The Bombers are out on rental after a few weeks well 3 or 4.<br><br>

Re: Halloween Fest review... - 10/26/02 07:08 PM

As well they should be!<br><br>Though some movies come out that I never see at the theaters, or even advertised!, and then I see them at the rental place. Sometimes you get lucky, such as with Snatch and Lock,Stock and 2 smoking barrels..both very funny and good movies!<br><br>

Re: Halloween Fest review... - 10/26/02 07:22 PM

That is right.<br><br>Years ago or a scant decade ago the movies ran a gauntlet of openings. US then Euro, then Asia. Then video sales, then video rentals, then TV.<br><br>Now "IMO" the openings are all almost the same time, US, Euro, Asia. At the same time the DVDs and Videos are being produced. It seems to me that after a few months of the motion picture - The DVDs and videos are rolling out.<br><br>Certainly not like before when a year or two would pass before you even seen it on TV. The process has been greatly accelerated.<br><br>

Re: Halloween Fest review... - 10/26/02 07:25 PM

I totally agree. Heck, even Star Wars Episodes 1 and now 2 are coming out on DVD a lot faster!<br><br>

Re: Halloween Fest review... - 10/26/02 07:31 PM

I think the studios have figured out.<br>That the motion picture in a theather - is nothing more then a long 2 hour commercial to buy, rent DVDs or VHS tapes. The studios make more money selling then providing a movie in a theather that they must split the thearther owners.<br><br>

Re: Halloween Fest review... - 10/26/02 09:49 PM

Ghost Ship looks to be pretty bad, but I'm nearly 100% certain I read the book a long time ago and it was excellent!!!<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red>

Re: Halloween Fest review... - 10/26/02 11:45 PM

I agree<br>To me "Ghost Ship" looks really bad - really bad.<br><br>I think the movie "Below" has better potential.<br><br>

Re: Halloween Fest review... - 10/26/02 11:49 PM

Now "Thirteen Ghosts" was a pretty clever and startling horror flick! The makeup was pretty darn good too!<br><br>As a carpenter, you might even appreciate the house in the movie.<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red>
Posted by: iRock

Re: Halloween Fest review... - 10/26/02 11:59 PM

You know if you want to check out a great Halloween movie watch "Ernest, Scared Stupid". Now that's classic. It just doesn't get more suspenseful than the flatbed truck scene with the troll trying to get in. I love the part where Ernest says, "How bout a bumper sandwich, Booger Lips?"!<br>(Really I love that movie and have watched it already this season.)<br><br>"There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people: religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin."<br>-- Linus Van Pelt (Peanuts)

Re: Halloween Fest review... - 10/27/02 12:01 AM

I just can't bring myself to do it... sorry!<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red>

Re: Halloween Fest review... - 10/27/02 12:05 AM

The house was cool.<br>The movie was well -It didn't even scare my cats.<br>I could even determine what was going to happen next, like in a rerun.<br><br>
Posted by: iRock

Re: Halloween Fest review... - 10/27/02 12:05 AM

Chicken! Baaaakkk! Baaaakkk!<br><br>"There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people: religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin."<br>-- Linus Van Pelt (Peanuts)

Re: Halloween Fest review... - 10/27/02 04:41 AM

I loved those Ernest movies!! LOL Have you seen Ernest goes to Jail? (I think that's the name of it) Those 2 guys, the fat one and the old man, are funny too.<br><br>My favorite line in one of his movies was when he grabbed some wires and said "Looks like we got a short here" and gets zapped! LOL<br><br>