Sitting here on OS 9

Posted by: Biggerfoot

Sitting here on OS 9 - 10/26/02 01:14 PM

I am using OS 9 for the first time in months and months. <br><br>I have a Lombard Powerbook and OS X does not support my DVD. I will be needing it soon, so I thought I better check things out.<br><br>I do miss OS X, however, I can tell, at least on my PowerBook, PowerPoint, Word, and PhotoShop seem faster. However, I can not wait until I can get back to OS X!<br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Sitting here on OS 9 - 10/26/02 01:46 PM

Tell me how many times you have went looking for the dock!<br><br>
Posted by: margadagio

Re: Sitting here on OS 9 - 10/26/02 02:07 PM

I had to boot into OS9 last night. Man, was it ugly. You tend to forget just how bad it was when you haven't been there for a while.<br>Oh ya, I really missed the dock. <br><br><br><br>
Posted by: steveg

Re: Sitting here on OS 9 - 10/26/02 03:35 PM

I have to use 9 at the office. Bummer.<br><br>
Posted by: Biggerfoot

Re: Sitting here on OS 9 - 10/26/02 03:42 PM

Whew, back in OS X...yes, it was kind of ugly...and I did miss the dock. I do have 1 click which is nice, but OS X is a big difference, even on my 3 year old PowerBook.<br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: Sitting here on OS 9 - 10/26/02 04:03 PM

Well I don't have X yet.<br>But in 8 and 9 the first thing I did was to Kill that control strip.<br>If it was possible in X I would Kill the Dock - in favor for pop up folders<br><br>
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: Sitting here on OS 9 - 10/26/02 04:07 PM

Me too.<br><br>It's like an old shoe. Comfortable, but starting to hurt my feet when I walk around in them because the sole's worn out!<br><br>[color:red]Hold on...it's time for a</font color=red><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Sitting here on OS 9 - 10/26/02 04:30 PM

Fear not, you can kill the dock with no problem.<br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Sitting here on OS 9 - 10/26/02 06:19 PM

But why? I say give the dock some time and you will become used to it! <br><br>I keep mine on the right side of the 2nd monitor, hidden. So I don't see it all the time if I don't want to but it's there for easy access.<br><br>