Posting music..how?

Posted by: OSXaddict

Posting music..how? - 10/26/02 08:01 AM

Ok..could someone walk me through that? I like how it's in the post, but I have no idea!<br><br>
Posted by: lesh

Re: Posting music..how? - 10/26/02 08:46 AM

Hopefully I've transcribed this right - if you have an mp3 - put it in your music folder on your iDisk and then type this in your post:<br><br>{embed src="http://homepage.mac.com/YOUR.MACACCT/.Music/FileName.mp3" width=320 height=25 controller=true autoplay=false}<br><br>Use < and > instead of { and }<br><br>This gives you the QT controller bar - seems to take a moment to load when you preview your post. And leave in the " marks. <br><br>[color:purple]The shortest distance between two points is how far apart they are.</font color=purple>

Re: Posting music..how? - 10/26/02 08:53 AM

Thank you <br><br>will try it out as soon as the song finishes loading up to my iDisk..hmmm..might have to go get Goliath again.<br><br>
Posted by: margadagio

Re: Posting music..how? - 10/26/02 09:03 AM

Don't have Goliath? tsk tsk<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Mcteak

Re: Posting music..how? - 10/26/02 09:21 AM

Just picked up on this thread and learned a new trick. Thanks for that, but what is Goliath?<br><br>Too Easy!<br><br>
Posted by: margadagio

Re: Posting music..how? - 10/26/02 09:26 AM

Here is the link.<br><br>Goliath is a freeware that greatly speeds up the process of uploading to your iDisk. It's a must for me. Try it.<br><br><br><br>

Re: Posting music..how? - 10/26/02 09:34 AM

Thank you, I'll give it a test drive.<br><br>Too Easy!<br><br>

Re: Posting music..how? - 10/26/02 10:34 AM

test..<br><br><embed src=&amp;quot;http://homepage.mac.com/rougeuxj/.Music/DuelingBanjo.mp3&amp;quot; width=360 height=15 autoplay=false><br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by OSXaddict on 10/26/02 01:42 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: Posting music..how? - 10/26/02 10:51 AM

I'am working on it, and cleaning the kitchen too!<br><br>Too Easy!<br><br>

Re: Posting music..how? - 10/26/02 10:57 AM

<br><embed src="http://homepage.mac.com/mcteak/.Music/Foggy_Banks.mp3" width=320 height=25 controller=true autoplay=false><br><br>If I followed the directions... there should be some Celtic music here...<br><br>Too Easy!<br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Mcteak on 10/26/02 02:03 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: Posting music..how? - 10/26/02 10:58 AM

I had Goliath before 10.2 came out and loved it. But Jag seemed to have sped up the access to iDisk...though I guess Goliath is still great. <br><br>

Re: Posting music..how? - 10/26/02 11:08 AM

Wow, I did it, thanks for the guidance!<br><br>Too Easy!<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Posting music..how? - 10/26/02 11:23 AM

Your test didn't work John...<br><br>

Re: Posting music..how? - 10/26/02 11:26 AM

Yeah it did..I just edited it out and now it's the politic song! LOL<br><br>

Re: Posting music..how? - 10/26/02 11:38 AM

Sorry John.... it's not working on my end. I can see everyone elses, but yours is a broken puzzle piece.<br><br>

Re: Posting music..how? - 10/26/02 11:50 AM

Where? here? of course it's not gonna work here! I took it out..<br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: Posting music..how? - 10/26/02 11:53 AM

Giz is right its not working.<br><br>Its playing on your end because you have the song on your HD.<br><br>Make sure there is no space between < or ><br><br>

Re: Posting music..how? - 10/26/02 11:59 AM

it's probably too late for him to edit the post...<br><br>

Re: Posting music..how? - 10/26/02 12:01 PM

uh..dang it..HERE or at the other thread?? Please, if it's the other one, post there so I know!<br><br>If you mean here, which is what I thought since Gizmo said my test didn't work, then of course it isn't gonna work..I edited it out!<br><br>

Re: Posting music..how? - 10/26/02 12:04 PM

What thread is that??<br><br>
Posted by: NotTheOnly1

In addition-- - 10/26/02 12:07 PM

If you have $30 spare clams, you can get Quicktime Pro. Quicktime Pro allows you compress the music DRAMATICALLY. These serves many purposes:<br><br>1. Your .Mac space will 'serve' less info. For instance, instead of 50 people streaming 3.2 megabytes from you, it will be like 1 megabyte instead, shaving off 2/3s of bandwidth consumption. (That isn't an issue yet with .Mac, but someday they may set limits to how much you can stream, so it may help to be ahead on this issue.)<br><br>2. By compressing the pants off of a tune, you protect the artist. If you've heard my streams at MC, they sound fine, and yet you wouldn't really want to keep them in lieu of much better fidelity versions.<br><br>3. By compressing the daylights out of it (you sense I like that, feel powerful..), you make streaming doable for dial-up-ers. And if you're a dialup-er, a small file is much easier to upload.<br><br>I won't bother with the compression instructions unless someone asks..<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by NotTheOnly1 on 10/26/02 03:08 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: In addition-- - 10/26/02 12:12 PM

I have QT6 pro.<br><br>And Carp, I was refering to the thread about the politic music....<br><br>

Re: In addition-- - 10/26/02 12:23 PM

Found that thread yep its works there.<br>What happen to this one?<br><br>

Re: In addition-- - 10/26/02 12:31 PM

hmmm..alright..seems we have some skimmers here! LOL<br><br>Ok..here we go in chronological order:<br><br>at 226pm today:<br>I just edited it out and now it's the politic song<br><br>at 250pm today:<br> Where? here? of course it's not gonna work here! I took it out<br><br>at 301pm today:<br>If you mean here, which is what I thought since Gizmo said my test didn't work, then of course it isn't gonna work..I edited it out!<br><br>

Re: In addition-- - 10/26/02 12:35 PM

at 4pm: MacGizmo took two asprin, and a shot of Gentleman Jack for his headache!<br><br>

Re: In addition-- - 10/26/02 12:36 PM

No kidding! Except Jack isn't a gentleman! <br><br>Next time, get some Makers <br><br>