VPC question

Posted by: Anonymous

VPC question - 10/26/02 07:11 AM

How do I run the installer from the console in PC DOS 2000 or whatever it is to install my Windows 98 software for VPC to use it? What's the PC command to do that?<br><br><br>
Posted by: MikeSellers

Re: VPC question - 10/26/02 07:42 AM

At the C:/ prompt you type <br>"Setup" I believe. Or "D:/Setup" if the CD-ROM is your D drive. It's been a while since I've done so I could be wrong.<br><br>

Re: VPC question - 10/26/02 07:59 AM

Yeah that could be the command. Will have to try that and see if it works. Thanks for the help.<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: VPC question - 10/26/02 11:37 AM

There is a Disk Image for "Booting" the DOS from virtual floppy to install a CD version of 98. Check the help files, that's where I found all the info I needed to do the same thing.<br><br>

Re: VPC question - 10/26/02 12:13 PM

Thanks, I will have to check the HELP in VPC. I don't really need it (VPC), we have a PC right here not two feet from the Mac, but I am curious to see how it performs with the new Mac.<br><br>

Re: VPC question - 10/26/02 12:48 PM

I'll save you the trouble... it works much better than it ever did before (probably twice as fast)... but it's still completely useless for any serious use - waaaay to slow. I use it once in a while if I run into a website that requires a PC version of IE to use.<br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: VPC question - 10/26/02 07:10 PM

Even on your dual ghz it's still too slow?<br><br>

Re: VPC question - 10/26/02 09:51 PM

Yeah... I mean, I expect it to be slow, it's an emulator for cryin out loud. It's ok for very minor stuff, but I wouldn't want to run anything more than a word processor or web browser in it.<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red>