Thank goodness!

Posted by: sross

Thank goodness! - 10/25/02 05:10 PM

This cop did just fine.<br><br>
Posted by: Biggerfoot

Re: Thank goodness! - 10/25/02 05:24 PM

Yes...had to a very difficult task for all involved. <br><br>Would you like to get the case?<br><br>
Posted by: steveg

Re: Thank goodness! - 10/25/02 05:29 PM

Dang right. Way to go Ocifer Moose!<br>Now Swatty, go git some gas and Pizza (or is it the other way 'round) for the forum. <br><br>
Posted by: Swatcat

Re: Thank goodness! - 10/25/02 05:35 PM

There are Signs and Banner's all over the area saying <br>Thank You Moose<br><br><br><br>

Re: Thank goodness! - 10/25/02 05:42 PM

I'm not surprised. You guys must feel like your floating 10 feet above the ground.<br><br>
Posted by: Swatcat

Re: Thank goodness! - 10/25/02 05:50 PM

It is good to know my son and wife are safe,and it good to see people at the gas stations not ducking or looking all around.<br>The way I figured it I had a better chance of winning the lottery,and ducking would not do any good if they had you in their sites.<br>So I continued to do the normal every day things I always did,Im to old to change just because of nutzoids<br><br>

Re: Thank goodness! - 10/25/02 05:51 PM

Heh heh. And it helps to be a little nutzoid yerself! <br><br>

Re: Thank goodness! - 10/25/02 05:59 PM

Would I ?<br>Yes, pretty please.<br>[color:blue]With sugar on it !</font color=blue><br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by sross on 10/25/02 09:00 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: Thank goodness! - 10/25/02 06:19 PM

Have you ever had any cases that brought massive amounts of attention on you before?<br><br>

Re: Thank goodness! - 10/25/02 06:24 PM

Yes, lots.<br>But enough about me. [color:red]*blushing*</font color=red><br><br>
Posted by: sean

Re: Thank goodness! - 10/25/02 06:38 PM

yes but...things potentialy could have been much easier if police would get their wish and have bullets with serial numbers or other identification for eacy tracing. the NRA and republicans (in general) are opposed even though law enforcement feels this would help tremendously in cases like this. the older sniper was found by police on oct 8 in baltimore and could have been apprehended back then and a bunch of extra lives would have been saved. certainly not any fault of the police and i am right there with everyone else in being thankful for a job well done.<br><br>[color:blue] -sean</font color=blue>

Re: Thank goodness! - 10/25/02 06:38 PM

That would be interesting...how did you handle the pressure of the attention?<br><br>

Re: Thank goodness! - 10/25/02 07:22 PM

I hang with my homies at MM <br>

Re: Thank goodness! - 10/25/02 07:27 PM

Play a little golf, play my bass, and have a real good network of friends.<br>Stay real close to the wife and dog <br><br>
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: Thank goodness! - 10/25/02 07:29 PM

Wow, how DO you play a fish anyway?<br><br>[color:red]Hold on...it's time for a</font color=red><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: Thank goodness! - 10/25/02 07:32 PM

Through scales what you think??<br><br>
Posted by: iRock

Re: Thank goodness! - 10/25/02 09:15 PM

Well you can 'tuna' piano...<br><br>Cheers, iRock<br>"Even though Mac Users may be only 10% of the market, always remember that we are the TOP 10%"<br>-Douglas Adams
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Thank goodness! - 10/25/02 09:17 PM

Agree on that, Sean. The argument that such info would give the government too much information on individuals is just specious. First, the information need not be owned by the government. Second, the government could find out exactly what I bought at the local grocery store last Saturday simply because I use one of those money-back scan cards (whoever invented them ought to go to jail for life) which records every single purchase I've ever made at that store. And if they can do that, they can find out more or less whatever they damned well please anyway.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"<br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Thank goodness! - 10/26/02 05:57 AM

....but you can't tuna fish<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Thank goodness! - 10/26/02 12:14 PM

I don't want to discount their efforts... but I don't see what that Sheriff did other than hold press conferences. It was pure luck that a truck driver found the snipers at a rest stop... the cops had nothing to do with it.<br><br>Either way, it doesn't matter... thankfully/hopefully everything can begin to get back to normal.<br><br>

Re: Thank goodness! - 10/26/02 12:18 PM

Well..their investigative efforts gave them the car to look for. Yeah, they didn't actually find them but had it not been for the clues the snipers left and the task force's investigation, then we would still be discussing the killings.<br><br>

Re: Thank goodness! - 10/26/02 12:27 PM

That is true... I guess I just have somewhat of a bitter taste in my mouth for police this week.<br><br>

Re: Thank goodness! - 10/26/02 02:50 PM

Giz, he did a lot more than hold press conferences. He kept the various jurisdictions from fighting with each other, made sure that each had input and kept the media at bay. Along with setting up a dialogue with the bad guys, he coordinated much of the action.<br>It could have been a mess, but he demonstrated leadership.<br>Even ATF and FBI can't be alone in the same room without fighting.<br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by sross on 10/26/02 05:52 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>
Posted by: carp

Re: Thank goodness! - 10/26/02 03:41 PM

I agree sross<br>The man did a great job.<br><br>However the second guessing begins.<br>Just right now CNN TV are going over the letter the sniper left for the police. In the letter the sniper said that he was trying to call the police to negotiate, they treated my calls as a joke. "Through their own incompitence it has cost them 5 lives" - Now it seems that the media is going to take that and smear the police with it.<br><br>

Re: Thank goodness! - 10/26/02 04:19 PM

Lot's of second-guessing going on. The media really showed their collective asses with all those "profilers."<br>Were they ever off the mark.<br>I just got off the phone with a friend who has a position in washington and he says that the "chill" that was on that place was very real.<br><br>

Re: Thank goodness! - 10/26/02 04:21 PM

As I said... after the last week, I'm not really in the best frame of mind when it comes to Police intelligence.<br><br>

Re: Thank goodness! - 10/26/02 04:22 PM

And believe me, I understand. <br><br><br>

Re: Thank goodness! - 10/26/02 06:18 PM

chill? <br><br>I'm not sure I understand..perhaps cause I'm tired and just finished watching the 6th sense and coldness means ghosts are mad <br><br>