'Cheese and Rice'...

Posted by: DaddyMac

'Cheese and Rice'... - 10/25/02 04:35 PM

I don't know what the origin of this phrase was, but I heard it at a LAN party I went to, and quickly adopted it.<br><br>You have to think of what it SOUNDS like, and how it serves as an alternative to saying that actual phrase.<br><br>And the actual phrase is "Jesus Christ!".<br><br>See? Doesn't "Cheese and Rice" sound a whole lot better?<br><br>Funnier too!<br><br>[color:red]Hold on...it's time for a</font color=red><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: 'Cheese and Rice'... - 10/25/02 04:38 PM

Ahh! thanks for the explanation. <br><br>At first, when you said you heard it at a LAN party, I was thinking you were going to say that cheese and rice is what they live off of at one! <br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: 'Cheese and Rice'... - 10/25/02 04:39 PM

Oh great. Now you're going to start a religion topic. <br><br>

Re: 'Cheese and Rice'... - 10/25/02 04:41 PM

NO RELIGION!!!! That's it, pack up your sh*t and get the hell out of here, Dingus!<br><br>[color:red]Hold on...it's time for a</font color=red><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: 'Cheese and Rice'... - 10/25/02 04:41 PM

He is? Where? I don't think so...<br><br>I hope you were trying to be funny?<br><br>
Posted by: Trog

Re: 'Cheese and Rice'... - 10/25/02 04:42 PM

I honestly think it originated from Mormons in Utah. They (we?) have many of these 'morally acceptable' cuss word variations. I heard this one years ago.<br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: 'Cheese and Rice'... - 10/25/02 04:44 PM

Me pack up!? I'm not the one who dragged JC into this! <br><br>
Posted by: lesh

Re: 'Cheese and Rice'... - 10/25/02 04:46 PM

I once heard someone mispronounce spinal meningitis as smilin' baby Jesus.<br><br>[color:purple]The shortest distance between two points is how far apart they are.</font color=purple>
Posted by: sross

Re: 'Cheese and Rice'... - 10/25/02 04:49 PM

I still think the song is "There's a Bathroom on the Right"<br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: 'Cheese and Rice'... - 10/25/02 05:03 PM

Mennonites and other left-wing (from teh 17th century,anyway) Protestant groups around here in PA use "cheese and crackers" in the same way. I'd never heard the rice version. Must be a southern saying <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"<br>

Re: 'Cheese and Rice'... - 10/25/02 05:03 PM

Connecticut is the South?<br><br>[color:red]Hold on...it's time for a</font color=red><br>
Posted by: lesh

Re: 'Cheese and Rice'... - 10/25/02 05:04 PM

me too!<br><br>[color:purple]The shortest distance between two points is how far apart they are.</font color=purple>
Posted by: steveg

Re: 'Cheese and Rice'... - 10/25/02 05:53 PM

'Zat anythang like Holly Sheet? <br><br>
Posted by: iRock

Re: 'Cheese and Rice'... - 10/25/02 08:31 PM

Bakin' carrot biscuits, everyday! Bakin' carrot biscuits, every way.<br>Bachman Turner Overdrive<br><br>Cheers, iRock<br>"Even though Mac Users may be only 10% of the market, always remember that we are the TOP 10%"<br>-Douglas Adams

Re: 'Cheese and Rice'... - 10/25/02 08:43 PM

"'Scuse me while I kiss this guy!"<br>Jimi Hendrix<br><br>[color:red]Hold on...it's time for a</font color=red><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: 'Cheese and Rice'... - 10/25/02 09:07 PM

I was thinking of places where they grow rice, not of where you live! I know, that kind of thing doesn't make sense nowadasy--but I be that a history of the phrase would trace it down South.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"<br>