Meanwhile, back at the vets office....

Posted by: Swatcat

Meanwhile, back at the vets office.... - 10/25/02 03:19 PM

A woman brings her parrot to the vet. The parrot is stiff and lifeless.<br>I'm sorry ma'am, but this parrot is dead"<br>How can you tell so quickly?" replies the woman, "Isn't there a way to be absolutely certain?"<br>So, the vet whistles and a beautiful black Labrador Retriever walks in the examining room. The Lab sniffs around the parrot for a few moments, then looks at the vet and, with sad eyes and shakes his head.<br>A dog shakes its head and I'm supposed to believe that?!" cries the woman. "You're going to have to do more to prove that my poor parrot is dead!"<br>So the vet leaves momentarily, comes back with a cat and puts it on the table beside the parrot. The cat looks closely at the parrot, walks around it, prods it a bit, then shakes his head and jumps off the table.<br>Finally, the woman seems convinced. As she turns for the door, the vet announces that she owes him $500.<br>"$500?!," the woman asks. "How in the world could it be that much just to tell me my parrot is dead?"<br>Well, it would have been a lot cheaper, but with that lab report and cat scan..."<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Meanwhile, back at the vets office.... - 10/25/02 03:33 PM

I've seen "not funny" before, I've even read about it in books... I'm pretty sure that's what it looks like! <br><br>

Re: Meanwhile, back at the vets office.... - 10/25/02 03:37 PM

I must be having a bad hair day <br>I started work about 4:30 am this morning,guess Im a little more burned out than usual<br><br>

Re: Meanwhile, back at the vets office.... - 10/25/02 03:38 PM

Maybe there's a crack in that reality distortion around you... Marg might have slipped a crack on the head with her bat without you noticing!<br><br>

Re: Meanwhile, back at the vets office.... - 10/25/02 03:42 PM

My wife is pissed at me also she may have gotten while I was sleeping <br><br>
Posted by: steveg

Re: Meanwhile, back at the vets office.... - 10/25/02 05:48 PM

Yah. I think you're right. Maybe we should call someone. See if we can have it carted away before it starts to... you know... stink up the garage. <br><br>

Re: Meanwhile, back at the vets office.... - 10/25/02 05:54 PM

D@mn and to think the The NO POLITICS rule<br>wasn't this bad<br>Oh well to late to the delete the d@mn thing we will have to live with it<br>You don't have to read my posts <br><br>

Re: Meanwhile, back at the vets office.... - 10/25/02 05:56 PM

Just give that lil' yeller kitty a drink of WD-40, will ya? She's lookin' a mite dee-hi-drated...<br><br>
Posted by: Mcteak

Re: Meanwhile, back at the vets office.... - 10/25/02 06:01 PM

Oh yes, life around here is starting to get back to normal.<br><br>Too Easy!<br><br>

Re: Meanwhile, back at the vets office.... - 10/25/02 06:09 PM

I think the cat is sick<br><br>
Posted by: lesh

Re: Meanwhile, back at the vets office.... - 10/25/02 06:11 PM

Very sorry, Swatcat - I forgot to put any ventilation system in your containment fie...er I mean force field.<br><br>[color:purple]The shortest distance between two points is how far apart they are.</font color=purple>

Re: Meanwhile, back at the vets office.... - 10/25/02 06:18 PM

cough/choke/gag/weeze<br>it could be worse I could have gas<br><br>
Posted by: Mcteak

Re: Meanwhile, back at the vets office.... - 10/25/02 07:12 PM

Darn, I was going to make a cute comment but I lost it. How do you follow gas...<br><br>Too Easy!<br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: Meanwhile, back at the vets office.... - 10/25/02 07:16 PM

Hey I thought it was very funny.<br><br>After all the Vet could have brought Lawyers in and they would argue that the bird was, Alive but just Inactive.<br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Meanwhile, back at the vets office.... - 10/25/02 09:29 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>How do you follow gas...<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>With your nose?<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"<br>

Re: Meanwhile, back at the vets office.... - 10/26/02 04:20 AM

With a match. Or a can of Glade.<br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Meanwhile, back at the vets office.... - 10/26/02 04:49 AM

I thought it was funny and cute, although I have heard similar variants of that joke about a cat scan.<br><br>

Re: Meanwhile, back at the vets office.... - 10/26/02 11:46 AM

Yeah... I've heard several "Cat scan" jokes... baaaahhhhh!!! <br><br>