Stupid Question of the Day?

Posted by: Mcteak

Stupid Question of the Day? - 10/24/02 05:43 PM

Say, you are challenged alittle bit. You want to post pics, like the cool stuff you see in some of the current threads or even something as simple a your own photo but due to the total lack of skill or knowledge you are unable to complete this simple task. How would you, O wise ones, mentor a grasshopper to reach the next level of knowledge and power. Signed: Ol Dawg who wants to learn new tricks!<br><br>Too Easy!
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Stupid Question of the Day? - 10/24/02 05:54 PM

Easy..<br><br>1st, put the picture you want online at a place where it is hosted..say .Mac if you have it. OR if you own a doman address...someplace online.<br><br>then get the address of that pic...like if it's on .Mac, it would be this:<br>http://homepage.mac.com/your.Macname/.Pictures/filename.jpg<br><br>Then take that address and copy/paste it here, putting at the front [ image ] (no space between the [ and image and ] and then at the end put [/image ]<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: JonnyCat

Re: Stupid Question of the Day? - 10/24/02 06:00 PM

you are going to have to make you pic a little smaller<br><br><br><br>the pic for your avitar is 65 pixels by 75 pixels<br><br>btw - the url is http://homepage.mac.com/mcteak/.Public/dub.jpg<br><br>and the way I posted the above picture was<br><br>(image)http://homepage.mac.com/mcteak/.Public/dub.jpg(/image)<br><br>replace the ( with a [ and the ) with a ]<br><br>

Re: Stupid Question of the Day? - 10/24/02 06:06 PM

I think I'am alittle out of control. Thanks for you help, now to fix the dog, well at least make her fit!<br><br>Too Easy!

Re: Stupid Question of the Day? - 10/24/02 06:07 PM

I'am sorry, I'am still LMAO!!!<br><br>Too Easy!<br><br>

Re: Stupid Question of the Day? - 10/24/02 06:45 PM

is it working?<br><br>Too Easy!<br><br>
Posted by: lesh

Re: Stupid Question of the Day? - 10/24/02 06:48 PM

Now you've got it! You are furrier than I thought you would be, though...<br><br>[color:purple]The shortest distance between two points is how far apart they are.</font color=purple>
Posted by: carp

Re: Stupid Question of the Day? - 10/24/02 06:52 PM

Here avitar grab it.<br><br><br><br><br>

Re: Stupid Question of the Day? - 10/24/02 06:54 PM

Dang your just to fast for me.<br><br>

Re: Stupid Question of the Day? - 10/24/02 06:56 PM

Ohhh one more thing for images in the main body try and keep them between 7 to 8 inches wide - so that people don't have to scroll left to right when reading a thread.<br><br>

Re: Stupid Question of the Day? - 10/24/02 06:58 PM

To everyone: thank you! Now I really feel part of this community, once again thanks for showing an ol dawg a new trick or two.<br><br>Too Easy!<br><br>

Re: Stupid Question of the Day? - 10/24/02 06:59 PM

Roger that!<br><br>Too Easy!<br><br>
Posted by: sross

Re: Stupid Question of the Day? - 10/24/02 07:00 PM

The good news is that we all had the same question at one time or another. <br><br>

Re: Stupid Question of the Day? - 10/24/02 07:04 PM

That is so right sherman<br><br>Besides this would not be a Mac forum if people were not willing to help others.<br><br>

Re: Stupid Question of the Day? - 10/24/02 07:05 PM

I feel like a kid at Christmas, you know, opens a gift, sets it aside and plays for hours with the box! Next mission: movement!<br><br>Too Easy!<br><br>

Re: Stupid Question of the Day? - 10/24/02 07:09 PM

Go to google and enter "animinated gifs" and you will find lots to play with. They are posted the same way. (just put it in your sig)<br><br>

Re: Stupid Question of the Day? - 10/24/02 07:09 PM

[censored] folder - all ready to spam the room. <br><br>

Re: Stupid Question of the Day? - 10/24/02 07:10 PM

This may be an all-nighter!<br><br>Too Easy!<br><br>

Re: Stupid Question of the Day? - 10/24/02 07:13 PM

carp, I'am with you, but it's going to take some time. Bottomline, it's not work, i.e. stress, it's fun!<br><br>Too Easy!<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Stupid Question of the Day? - 10/24/02 07:15 PM

I recommend that when you find pics or .gifs that you want to use, you don't link to where they are, but rather you download them and put them on your web server or .Mac account and link to them from there. That way, they can't ever be moved - leaving you without your cool pics!.<br><br>

Re: Stupid Question of the Day? - 10/24/02 07:18 PM

I found a great little gif but I don't know who to send it to.<br>Politically incorrect<br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Stupid Question of the Day? - 10/24/02 07:20 PM

Aw c'mon, sross. If not here, then where?<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Stupid Question of the Day? - 10/24/02 07:20 PM

Thanks, I'am placing them in my .mac stuff, once again thanks!<br><br>Too Easy!<br><br>

Re: Stupid Question of the Day? - 10/24/02 07:21 PM

When posting music or movies the code is a bit different - so when your ready let us know. What I do is keep a simple text file with all the codes and then just copy and paste - To Easy<br><br><br><br><br>

Uh...ok *DELETED* - 10/24/02 07:21 PM

Post deleted by sross

Re: Stupid Question of the Day? - 10/24/02 07:24 PM

That would be easier than trying to re-enter the code each time.<br><br>Too Easy!<br><br>

Re: Uh...ok - 10/24/02 07:25 PM

Aw...youth these days!<br><br>Too Easy!<br><br>

Re: Uh...ok - 10/24/02 07:37 PM

One more tip.<br>You can just type it in the message body - you don't need to go into the sig field under the control panels, that way you keep your sig and you can add mutiple images.<br><br>

Re: Uh...ok *DELETED* - 10/24/02 07:40 PM

I guess you can judge what's appropriate. No pressure from this side <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"<br>

Re: Uh...ok *DELETED* - 10/25/02 02:49 PM

I deleted my post. Election year, (although I am unopposed for the 6th time....heh) <br>Still, one must maintain one's dignity, musn't one? <br><br>

Re: Uh...ok *DELETED* - 10/25/02 02:51 PM

Dignity, dignity, always dignity, sir!<br><br>P. S. Good luck on the election. Although it doesn't seem you'll need luck!<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"<br>

Re: Stupid Question of the Day? - 10/25/02 03:17 PM

Great tip Carp... I'll do one better...<br><br>If you are using OSX, you can type it once in the post, then select all of it and drag it to your desktop. This creates a text clipping, you can then drag the clipping right into the "Post" input box and it will have it all right there without even opening another doc, copying or pasting. Then all you have to do is edit the file name at the end.<br><br>

Re: Stupid Question of the Day? - 10/25/02 03:21 PM

Hang on. I am going to try that tip.<br>OK, I tried it but only got as far as dragging the selection to the desktop (which is cool, thanks)<br>When I try to drag it back to a post, I get a "specified server not found" message.<br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by sross on 10/25/02 06:24 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>
Posted by: Swatcat

Re: Stupid Question of the Day? - 10/25/02 03:23 PM

The fine art of posting !<br>I have been useing carps method I just keep a text edit doc<br>Now you have open new doors <br>Thanks Giz<br><br>

Re: Stupid Question of the Day? - 10/25/02 03:30 PM

Now that is odd... hmmmm....<br><br>
Posted by: iRock

Re: Stupid Question of the Day? - 10/25/02 07:44 PM

I use Text-Edit, too.<br><br>Cheers, iRock<br>"Even though Mac Users may be only 10% of the market, always remember that we are the TOP 10%"<br>-Douglas Adams

Re: Stupid Question of the Day? - 10/25/02 08:10 PM

I am still having a problem with dragging the text back into a post. What do you open it with?<br>When I do a "get info," it says the finder is opening it.<br>I then selected text editor in textedit and it still gives the "specified server could not be found"<br>What do you open the selections with when you drag them to the desktop?<br>Thanks<br><br>