Great headline

Posted by: yoyo52

Great headline - 10/23/02 05:45 PM

Here it is, from salon.com's wire service: "Bernini breasts uncovered in Rome."<br><br>The story is here.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Great headline - 10/23/02 05:54 PM

damn, no pics!!<br><br>
Posted by: Mcteak

Re: Great headline - 10/23/02 06:02 PM

No pics!! Yea I agree, but then what does that say about us. Are not those breasts about 150 years old!<br><br>Too Easy!

Re: Great headline - 10/23/02 06:03 PM

More like 325 years old!<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Great headline - 10/23/02 06:03 PM

Hahhahahaha...man, those would be great, I mean interesting to see.<br><br>AlgæS

Re: Great headline - 10/23/02 06:04 PM

We are sick, sick sick!<br><br>Too Easy!

Re: Great headline - 10/23/02 06:08 PM

We? nah..just human <br><br>

Re: Great headline - 10/23/02 06:09 PM

IT GOOD TO BE THE MAN!<br><br>Too Easy!

Re: Great headline - 10/23/02 06:16 PM

OK, OSXaddict, just for you:<br><br><br><br>It was not easy to find this, by the way. No American news source had a photo.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Great headline - 10/23/02 06:18 PM

Well, you know how us single guys are....<br><br>Thanks yoyo! LOL<br><br>
Posted by: lesh

Re: Great headline - 10/23/02 06:38 PM

Hellooooo - art, my dear boys - it's also art - think about it...<br><br>But yes - this is part of a back view, different angle of a famous Bernini sculpture - this was carved from MARBLE - cold hard stone - <br><br><br><br>and yet it looks like soft and yielding flesh, no?<br><br>Don't forget to change your perspective once and a while!<br><br>[color:purple]The shortest distance between two points is how far apart they are.</font color=purple>

Re: Great headline - 10/23/02 06:44 PM

Darn it...I feel really bad about my behavior. I sorry.<br><br>Too Easy!

Re: Great headline - 10/23/02 06:47 PM

Oh stop it - no you don't!<br><br>[color:purple]The shortest distance between two points is how far apart they are.</font color=purple>

Re: Great headline - 10/23/02 06:53 PM

Bernini is something else, isn't he? The molding of the flesh is beyond belief.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Great headline - 10/23/02 07:01 PM

Boy you are good at this, and yes it does look so life like.<br><br>Too Easy!

Re: Great headline - 10/23/02 07:19 PM

Something about those Renaissance artists and how they could make stone simply not look like stone - in the sculpting of a cascade of curly hair or in the folds of a flowing tunic - making the forms so real and even so thin sometimes as to allow the translucent quality of the marble appear...<br><br>Yeah well, we all get off on different things...<br><br>[color:purple]The shortest distance between two points is how far apart they are.</font color=purple>

Re: Great headline - 10/23/02 08:32 PM

I do Renaissance artits of a different sort, the poets and playwrights. And what you say is true there too.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: iRock

Re: Great headline - 10/23/02 08:46 PM

I do Renaissance artits<br>Hehe subliminal, what he said. *snicker * snicker*<br>{:-)-8-<<br><br>Cheers, iRock<br>"Even though Mac Users may be only 10% of the market, always remember that we are the TOP 10%"<br>-Douglas Adams

Re: Great headline - 10/23/02 08:55 PM

But iRock, artists are a lot of fun to do <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: carp

Re: Great headline - 10/23/02 08:58 PM

More so if they are real creative.<br><br>
Posted by: iRock

Re: Great headline - 10/23/02 09:02 PM

I was laughing at the last 4 letters.<br><br><br>Cheers, iRock<br>"Even though Mac Users may be only 10% of the market, always remember that we are the TOP 10%"<br>-Douglas Adams

Re: Great headline - 10/24/02 02:41 AM

LOL I see that too..I know what's on his brain! <br><br>
Posted by: Krasni

Re: Great headline - 10/24/02 02:46 AM

Just take a plane and come here to see. And that's nothing compared to the erotic museum of Pompei...<br><br>

Re: Great headline - 10/24/02 03:02 AM

Or the beaches I bet <br><br>

Re: Great headline - 10/24/02 11:30 AM

I remember going to see the Pompeii exhibit when it toured around the US. There was one room full of the erotica, and I remember in particular one little object which gave concrete visual sense to that phrase, "a flying f----." A group of kids, looked like early-pubescents, came through the room while I was there, and boy did that experience change their ideas of what ancient Rome was like! <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by yoyo52 on 10/24/02 02:30 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>
Posted by: carp

Re: Great headline - 10/24/02 01:11 PM

Yeah ancient Rome, I think of nightly Toga Parties.<br><br>