So, anyway...

Posted by: MachOne

So, anyway... - 10/22/02 02:31 AM

...we finally got the budgies adopted. Noisy shrieking feather and seed spreading little avian demons that they are.<br><br>Actually, we sold them back to the pet shop. They cost us $25 to buy and we got $4.50 back. Pretty good deal if you ask me. I would've paid to have them carted away. <br><br>Now the kids want a puppy. *sigh* <br><br>Gues who'll end up taking the thing walkies and scooping the you-know-what. *sigh again*<br><br>Oh well......<br><br>
Posted by: iraszl

Re: So, anyway... - 10/22/02 03:03 AM

get a bichon havanese puppie. they are small enough, but still look like dogs. very sociable and lively. long hair but can be tailored if you want. nobody ever gave us back a puppy. http://mytoydog.com That's my wife on the picture.<br><br>http://raszl.net
Posted by: steveg

Re: So, anyway... - 10/22/02 03:29 AM

Dogs? Here, take mine. I'll even throw in the cockatiel (talk a/b noisy shrieking feather and seed spreading little avian demons). <br><br>Oh, and, ah, you want any more kids..?<br><br>

Re: So, anyway... - 10/22/02 03:46 AM

Well, I'm not sure about the Bichon Havanese, but if you ever want to throw your wife out...<br><br>

Re: So, anyway... - 10/22/02 03:52 AM

Kids? KIDS? Don't talk to me about kids, the noisy shrieking hair-molting bath-ring exuding crumb-spreading little hominids!!!<br><br>*Gropes around for his meds while drooling unattractively from left corner of mouth*<br><br>
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: So, anyway... - 10/22/02 05:39 AM

At least they don't have to poop outside, and you'd have to pick it up!!<br><br>[color:red]Remember- there's no 'i' in 'team', but there IS an 'm' and an 'e'...</font color=red>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: So, anyway... - 10/22/02 09:29 AM

Resist the dog. Cute, warm, cuddly, loyal, friendly, a joy to have--but also too much work for the average human who happens to have a life.<br><br>And you're right. You'll end up walking the mutt. We make our kid walk ours in teh afternoons, but the little s-o-b will poop only when I walk him. I mean the dog <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: So, anyway... - 10/22/02 09:45 AM

We kinda had this discussion on MCF, about cats and dogs that is...<br><br>I've long teased my brother about his decision to have cats over dogs, and how it basically came down to laziness- he would rather have a pet that basically stays in the house all the time, and deficates into a box in the corner of the kitchen (appetizing, huh?)<br><br>With dogs obviously it's different- you have to take it outside, pick up the poops, and dispose of it yourself. Walks can number up to 1 per hour in the early stages of puppy-hood, and then there's STILL no guarantee he/she won't go on the carpet.<br><br>But, like I tell all my friends thinking of getting a dog, the benefit is TOTALLY worth it if you put the work in. After about a year and change, our little guy only requires a walk in the morning (who doesn't?), one when we get home from work, and one right before bedtime.<br><br>Anything in between is only out of pure exercise or boredom (by the owners OR the dog...lol). <br><br>But there's also benefits to being able to take your dog outside: <br><br>The social aspect, for one: my wife and I moved into our apartment complex, knowing only the people who referred us to the place. Once we bought our dog, I'd say we met at LEAST a dozen other couples with dogs in the past year. (plus the dog gets to socialize too! )<br><br>The exercise - for yourself and the dog.<br><br>The routine- well, this is more of a personal thing...when I was out of work last summer, the only thing that prevented me from spending my afternoons on the couch was the duty of training my new puppy...<br><br><br><br>[color:red]Remember- there's no 'i' in 'team', but there IS an 'm' and an 'e'...</font color=red>

Re: So, anyway... - 10/22/02 11:21 AM

I grew up with dogs--we always had at least one. But that was in houses with pretty big yards, so that when it was pouring rain, or howling snow, we could kick the pup out to do his business and clean up when we could go out without risking life and limb. Now I live in a house with a yard the size of a postage stamp--and, to make things even more interesting, the pooch refuses to do his duty in the yard. That's kind of neat () of him, but it means that when we absolutely have to walk him regardless of weather, state of health, or whatever.<br><br>We also have three cats, who go in and out at will, poop and pee in the basement, which we clean up once a day (if it's necessary), and are loving, warm, etc.<br><br>I love both cats and dog (and the newt, let me not forget, which is a lot cuter than you'd suppose from an amphibian--although Gussie Fink-Nottle I'm not). But for user-friendliness, it's the cats by several miles.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: So, anyway... - 10/22/02 11:41 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>At least they don't have to poop outside, and you'd have to pick it up!!<p><hr></blockquote><p>Errr...whaddya mean they don't have to poop outside? When did they bring that rule in?<br><br>

Re: So, anyway... - 10/22/02 12:11 PM

your kids poop outside?<br><br><br><br>[color:red]Remember- there's no 'i' in 'team', but there IS an 'm' and an 'e'...</font color=red>

Re: So, anyway... - 10/22/02 12:14 PM

Don't everybody's? YOU LET YOUR KIDS POOP INDOORS??? That's gotta be unhygienic. Next you'll be letting them eat at the dinner table.<br><br><br><br>

Re: So, anyway... - 10/22/02 01:02 PM

You know, there's this large porcelain structure in the same room as my shower that everyone seems to enjoy excreting into...<br><br>There might be something to that...<br><br>[color:red]Remember- there's no 'i' in 'team', but there IS an 'm' and an 'e'...</font color=red>

Re: So, anyway... - 10/22/02 01:08 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>everyone seems to enjoy excreting<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>[squirms in his leather armchair and glances over to the couch]Well, and how long have you felt this way?[/squirms in his leather armchair and glances over to the couch]<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: So, anyway... - 10/22/02 01:44 PM

Hey! No taking out of context!!!<br><br>[color:red]Remember- there's no 'i' in 'team', but there IS an 'm' and an 'e'...</font color=red>

Re: So, anyway... - 10/22/02 01:49 PM

Whaddaya tryin' ta do? Put newspapers out of bidness?<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: So, anyway... - 10/22/02 01:51 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>You know, there's this large porcelain structure in the same room as my shower that everyone seems to enjoy excreting into...<p><hr></blockquote><p>They do that in the flushable aquarium? Euuuuugh...<br><br>Wait a minute...are you saying its not an aquarium??? <br><br><br><br>

Re: So, anyway... - 10/22/02 01:53 PM

If it IS, them's some AWFUL-looking fish!!!<br><br>[color:red]Remember- there's no 'i' in 'team', but there IS an 'm' and an 'e'...</font color=red>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: So, anyway... - 10/22/02 01:55 PM

I see this has degenerated into Toilet humor <br><br>

Hey, I object... - 10/22/02 01:57 PM

...to the use of the word humor. <br><br>

Hey, I object... - 10/22/02 02:07 PM

to the use of words!!!<br><br>[color:red]Remember- there's no 'i' in 'team', but there IS an 'm' and an 'e'...</font color=red>
Posted by: carp

Re: Hey, I object... - 10/22/02 02:09 PM

Well if the spell the words backward you get this (sdrow)<br><br>

Re: So, anyway... - 10/22/02 05:33 PM

AIn't that the dog's water dish?<br><br>

Re: Hey, I object... - 10/22/02 05:35 PM

Typical art director... <br><br>