Good News for Modern Men and Women

Posted by: yoyo52

Good News for Modern Men and Women - 10/21/02 08:26 PM

Here's part of the story:<br><br>"An Oregon man was ordered Friday to pay nearly $100,000 in the first case brought under Washington's tough law against 'spam' e-mails."<br><br>Read the rest here<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: steveg

Re: Good News for Modern Men and Women - 10/22/02 03:44 AM

GOOD!<br>I'm so tired of these creeps that barage your inbox and give you bogus (or no) opt-out links. Them and fax spammers (with faxscum, if there's a return fax no., I'll send them 8 or 9 sheets of black paper as a response. My bad.)<br><br>
Posted by: Biggerfoot

Re: Good News for Modern Men and Women - 10/22/02 06:09 AM

Black Faxes is a good one! Some spammers do include a toll-free number...I have called them a few times. <br><br>One, some golf ball spam, had a toll-free number...heheehe...the girl on the other line had to answer all of the calls and I could tell she did not know what she was in for.<br><br>
Posted by: Biggerfoot

Re: Good News for Modern Men and Women - 10/22/02 06:14 AM

I have to laugh, just after posting the last message, guess what gets caught in my Spam filter...the scam message from the Ministry of Minerals and Energy in South Africa wanting a business partnership to share in $29.6 million.<br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Good News for Modern Men and Women - 10/22/02 09:21 AM

I haven't gotten the South Afrcan one, but I've gotten dozens from Nigeria. If these things work then there really must be a sucker born every minute.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"