iMac users on a budget?????

Posted by: JonnyCat

iMac users on a budget????? - 10/21/02 08:02 PM

I'm going thru some pics and I noticed something...<br><br><br>my computer - notice the Bud<br><br><br>my wife's computer - notice the Henekein<br><br>hmm... is there a corelation? what kind of computer do you have and what is your favorite adult beverage?<br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: iMac users on a budget????? - 10/21/02 08:04 PM

LOL<br><br>I have an old 400 MHz AGP G4. And I drink only Yuengling Lager. It's a Pennsylvania thing.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: sean

Re: iMac users on a budget????? - 10/21/02 08:16 PM

hmmm. if i took a picture now, i'd have a bottle of lipton green tea with honey sitting on my desk...adult beverage eh? you'll have to wait until i uncork the beringer merlot later this week. <br><br>[color:blue] -sean</font color=blue>
Posted by: Shooshie

Re: iMac users on a budget????? - 10/21/02 08:46 PM

On my desk at this moment sit:<br><br>1) a glass of Coca Cola<br>2) a cup of hot, steaming cappuccino from Starbucks<br>3) an empty cup of (formerly) cold, creamy Tazoberry with Cream from Starbucks<br>4) a bottle, 30% full, off Tobasco Chipotle Pepper Sauce<br>5) a bottle of Deja Blue water<br><br>none of these is necessarily adult in nature, but that's pretty much what I drink all the time. I may drink 2 beers a year. One/fifth bottle of Jack Daniels lasts me about 3 years. I drink beer so seldom that I don't even know brand names anymore, though I usually like microbrews or English or Canadian imports best. Haven't had a Bud in 20 years. <br><br>Shooshie<br><br>Shooshie's Stuff

Re: iMac users on a budget????? - 10/21/02 08:57 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>4) a bottle, 30% full, off Tobasco Chipotle Pepper Sauce<p><hr></blockquote><p>LOL... I think you are addicted drinking Tobasco Chipotle Pepper Sauce right out of the bottle at your computer <br><br>

Re: iMac users on a budget????? - 10/21/02 09:01 PM

it must be, I've never heard of that brand. The bud light is brewed right here in Merrimack, NH. <br><br>

Re: iMac users on a budget????? - 10/21/02 09:01 PM

I never met a wine I didn't like!<br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: iMac users on a budget????? - 10/21/02 09:26 PM

Well I better see that Mosaic up there.<br><br>Keep in mind that I am a picture Frame Snob. <br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: iMac users on a budget????? - 10/22/02 02:45 AM

And she has different speakers! I'm guessing her's is the 17inch iMac and yours is the 15?<br><br>Nice set up..<br><br>When I drink, which is like Sooshie, rarely, I will have either Rolling Rock or an import.<br><br>
Posted by: Shooshie

Re: iMac users on a budget????? - 10/22/02 04:46 AM

Dang! Caught in the act! <br>Don't tell the FDA. They might ban this stuff!<br><br><br>Shooshie<br><br>Shooshie's Stuff
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: iMac users on a budget????? - 10/22/02 05:41 AM

Wow...I had that stuff at my cousin's wedding in King of Prussia just last year- we all thought it was something you could only get in a Chinese restaurant!<br><br>[color:red]Remember- there's no 'i' in 'team', but there IS an 'm' and an 'e'...</font color=red>

Re: iMac users on a budget????? - 10/22/02 09:25 AM

LOL<br><br>Yuengling is an old PA-Dutch name. The brewery is not too far from my house. They keep the business small on purpose. It's not a microbrewery, though--more like what Coors used to be back in the 60s and 70s before the lust for bucks to them.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: Trog

Re: iMac users on a budget????? - 10/22/02 06:49 PM

I use a Dell, and I drink nothing but warm, flat, PABST BLUE RIBBON!!!<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Mcteak

Re: iMac users on a budget????? - 10/22/02 07:46 PM

I thought Dell experts drank nothing but Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill wine?<br><br>Too Easy!

Re: iMac users on a budget????? - 10/22/02 07:52 PM

Don't be ridiculous. We Dell users wouldn't touch Boone's Farm, thats what Gateway users drink! And I believe HP users are a bit partial to the ol' MD 20/20.<br><br>

Re: iMac users on a budget????? - 10/22/02 07:55 PM

Yea you are correct. The last time I was in our Gateway store they were taking turns with the wine and chasing it with milk.<br><br>Too Easy!

Re: iMac users on a budget????? - 10/22/02 07:56 PM

Well PABST BLUE RIBBON is the Boons Farm of Beers.<br>I buy whats on sale I have here a cold pack of KeyStone Lite for 5 bucks. <br><br>
Posted by: Biggerfoot

Re: iMac users on a budget????? - 10/22/02 07:59 PM

KeyStone Light here too...$11.99 for a case though...hard to find for good...like Coors Light. Seen if for $8.99 a case elsewhere. We have to pay 10 cents a cent to boot....whoops..got an empty one...<br><br>
Posted by: lesh

Re: iMac users on a budget????? - 10/22/02 08:01 PM

Boone's Farm Hock-ptooie! They still make that swill?<br><br>

Re: iMac users on a budget????? - 10/22/02 08:04 PM

I hope not...just had a flashback to my high school days and nights. Sort of makes me sick just thinking about that stuff...did get my girlfriend now wife drunk off the stuff.<br><br>Too Easy!

Re: iMac users on a budget????? - 10/22/02 08:11 PM

Another budget Mac user!<br><br><br>(actually have to save each can for deposit)<br><br>

Re: iMac users on a budget????? - 10/22/02 08:15 PM

Thats some stack you got going there how high does it get?<br><br>

Re:I'm treating myself tonite! - 10/22/02 08:20 PM

<br><br>it must be tuesday! time for a treat!<br><br>

Re: iMac users on a budget????? - 10/22/02 08:20 PM

LOL...actually, they are the cans that have not made it out to the garage yet. <br><br>Each can or pop bottle has a 10 cent deposit here. You can not crush the can or bottle either, so, they really pile up. <br><br>I used to give my returns to a local girl for school stuff, but she no longer needs them. As a result, I have quite a pile.<br><br>

Re:I'm treating myself tonite! - 10/22/02 08:21 PM

I will not admit how many are from tonight!<br><br>

Re:I'm treating myself tonite! - 10/22/02 08:22 PM

Where is the lime gotta have lime.<br><br>Too Easy!

Re:I'm treating myself tonite! - 10/22/02 08:24 PM

I know, I know...<br><br>I was getting thirsty and this one called out my name and said "you don't need a lime, save that for a special nite like Wednesday..."<br><br>

Re:I'm treating myself tonite! - 10/22/02 08:25 PM

heh, heh, this one is my first (honest)<br><br>

Re:I'm treating myself tonite! - 10/22/02 08:26 PM

uuuhhhhh.....me too!<br><br>

Re:I'm treating myself tonite! - 10/22/02 08:28 PM

I am with you...Wednesday we do it right. Practice, practice practice!<br><br>Too Easy!

Re:I'm treating myself tonite! - 10/22/02 08:32 PM

You both are lieing <br>Here there is no deposit luckly.<br><br>

Re:here's to practice! - 10/22/02 08:33 PM

<br><br>ahhh... urpp! excuse me <br><br>

Re: iMac users on a budget????? - 10/22/02 08:33 PM

Are those Belkin USB hubs on your tower?<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: iMac users on a budget????? - 10/22/02 08:37 PM

Yes..two seven port Belkin USB hubs and one Belkin 4 port FireWire hub. I still have two USB PCI cards due to power needs though.<br><br>Carp is right :)<br><br>

Re: iMac users on a budget????? - 10/22/02 09:14 PM

Mmmm.... with each sip the purchase of this beautiful Dell seems more and more like a good idea! <br>I'm really starting to understand Windows now! <br><br> But, for some reason this monitor is getting kinda fuzzy....<br><br><br><br>

Re: iMac users on a budget????? - 10/23/02 01:19 AM

I would not set the Methanol so close to that Dell with that Heat and all. <br><br>

Re: iMac users on a budget????? - 10/23/02 07:50 AM

Is that stuff not used to defrag a hard drive on Dell and Gateway systems?<br><br>Too Easy!
Posted by: OSXaddict

Here is mine - 10/23/02 01:02 PM

<br><br>

Re: Here is mine - 10/23/02 01:05 PM

A "two-fisted" drinker!<br><br>

Re: Here is mine - 10/23/02 01:05 PM

Coors is good, everything is good with a cold Coors and Mac.<br><br>Too Easy!

Re: Here is mine - 10/23/02 01:07 PM

I've got to stop drinking the cheap stuff...I'am seeing double!<br><br>Too Easy!