MikeB update

Posted by: JohnR

MikeB update - 08/04/04 03:19 AM

<br>I just got off the phone with Lena, Mike's wife, and I asked her if it would be ok to post something here updating you all on Mike's condition. She said it would be fine.<br><br>I'm not sure who all knows, but Mike was diagnosed with thyroid cancer last April. He had an operation and some treatment. Well, unknown to them, the cancer spread to his liver. By the time they discovered it, the tumors were rather large.<br><br>They decided to operate but it was too late. They had to put in a feeding tube last month after the operation because Mike couldn't swallow anything. Mike was discharged and hospice came to his house to assist. Mike slipped into a coma the other day and apparently has some infections. Doctors say Mike could go in one day or 10 days. <br><br>I first heard about the cancer in the early part of June. Mike and I corresponded via PM here since he told me about it. Lately the PM's had gotten fewer from him...and I kept sending more, thinking it was the chemo keeping him down and that he would be back. Unfortunately, he won't. <br><br>He kept an online blog about his condition, it's here. I post it now so that we can remember Mike. <br><br>Even though Mike and I butted heads at first, we developed an online friendship as time went on. He is one guy I really considered a friend here. I'm sad that I never got to meet him in person like I had hoped to one day.<br><br>Please keep Mike and his wife Lena in your prayers/thoughts. I'm sure Lena is going through a really tough time right now. I'll try to get an address (unless someone else has it) so we can send cards/flowers/etc if you want.<br><br>"You mean they're taking the thoughts we think we thought and making them thoughts we think we thought... I think." - Patrick <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by JohnR on 08/03/04 08:34 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>
Posted by: Bryan

Re: MikeB update - 08/03/04 05:39 PM

That is just terrible. Thanks for posting the message. <br><br>Mike and I always butted heads in the forum over anything to do with politics, but it was never personal and we had a nice friendship via PM where we would talk about computers and he would send me Buy.com coupon codes. <br><br>What sad news. Count me in on anything you guys want to put together. <br>
Posted by: RubenC

Re: MikeB update - 08/03/04 05:44 PM

Oh man, I am completely blown away, I had no idea. <br>It is such a hard thing to go through, I know because my wife's cousin died of cancer over a year ago and the ordeal was painful for all.<br><br>My prayers go out to Lena, Mike and their families. <br><br>
Posted by: lislaz

Re: MikeB update - 08/03/04 05:47 PM

Thank you John for sharing that with us. If Lena is aware of this post, I want her to know that she and Mike are in my prayers. I'm so sorry this is happening to them. <br><br>

Re: MikeB update - 08/03/04 05:47 PM

I'm just blown away myself...he played it off like it wasn't anything.<br><br>"You mean they're taking the thoughts we think we thought and making them thoughts we think we thought... I think." - Patrick
Posted by: Michael

Re: MikeB update - 08/03/04 05:48 PM

OMG, I suspected that, but I had no idea it was that bad. Thanks John for letting us know. My thoughts will be with him.<br>

Re: MikeB update - 08/03/04 05:53 PM

I just wish the big lug would get back here and post that he was joking!<br><br><br><br>"You mean they're taking the thoughts we think we thought and making them thoughts we think we thought... I think." - Patrick
Posted by: MattMac112

Re: MikeB update - 08/03/04 06:05 PM

Wow. This is unimaginable.<br><br>As much as we butt heads around this place, we are all, in essence, family. We share our thoughts and feelings, share in our victories and defeats, at times look like heroes and other times look like dopes. Like I said, we're like a family.<br><br>Like others, I've butted heads with Mike, but he's part of my MacMinute family and I'm sick that he's going though this. <br><br>We will say a prayer for Mike, and his family, with hope and faith that his health returns. <br><br>****************<br><br>[color:red]VOTE for President George W. Bush on November 2, 2004</font color=red>
Posted by: cesrivas

Re: MikeB update - 08/03/04 06:05 PM

mmhh.... that totally sucks... sometimes I wonder why bad things happen to good people.... sometimes I wonder why bi^&*(ng about work, and some other stupid things and not live at 110%... FUBAR! =(<br><br><br>%-) <--- me?

Re: MikeB update - 08/03/04 06:08 PM

Matt, <br>unfortunately, I don't think Mike will recover from this. <br><br>"You mean they're taking the thoughts we think we thought and making them thoughts we think we thought... I think." - Patrick
Posted by: Lori

Re: MikeB update - 08/03/04 06:08 PM

Thank you John for telling us the sad news. After reading the other posts today I was getting worried. Dang, that is sad sad news. Mike and Lena are in my prayers.<br><br><br>My Stuff

Re: MikeB update - 08/03/04 06:10 PM

I think Mike lived his life 110%<br><br>http://homepage.mac.com/bliemel/PhotoAlbum11.html has some pretty awesome pics of what him and his wife have done.<br><br>"You mean they're taking the thoughts we think we thought and making them thoughts we think we thought... I think." - Patrick

Re: MikeB update - 08/03/04 06:13 PM

It just points out how fragile it all is. <br><br>We could be taken at any moment...Very sad. I just read his blog...he was so optimistic throughout. <br><br>
Posted by: margadagio

Re: MikeB update - 08/03/04 06:19 PM

I replied at MC and decided to come here. Mike and I had shared a few PM's and a couple I had saved. I just read them now again. <br>It's with tears in my eyes that I know Mike will never sail again.<br><br>
Posted by: steveg

Re: MikeB update - 08/03/04 06:40 PM

I just don't what to say. I've not been here much lately either, and all this time, I thought Mike was just taking a forum break. I had no idea he was ill. I pray that he won't suffer, and that Lena will find the strength to get through this.<br><br>I know I'll miss him.<br><br>
Posted by: Trog

Re: MikeB update - 08/03/04 06:54 PM

Oh my... Thanks for the update John. All the secrecy had me wondering, but I would never have guessed it was something this advanced. I almost feel like I really know him, even though I haven't ever seen him or carried on a real conversation with him. <br><br>I understand the seriousness of the situation and that recovery would require a near miracle, but I'll continue to hope for it just the same. <br><br>Cheers, Mike. <br><br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: nutty

Re: MikeB update - 08/03/04 07:14 PM

god dammit this just sucks sucks sucks!<br><br>i'm so sorry to hear and john thanks for the news, please tell his family if you get a chance that i'm sorry for them.<br><br>this sucks<br><br>move along...nothing to see

Stan . . . - 08/03/04 07:16 PM

Could you pin this thread to the top of the forum for a day or two? Everyone ok with that?<br><br>****************<br><br>[color:red]VOTE for President George W. Bush on November 2, 2004</font color=red>
Posted by: Boothby4

Re: MikeB update - 08/03/04 07:23 PM

Man I'm at a loss for words. I also figured he was taking a break. I'll add my prayers also.<br><br><br>Salus populi suprema lex
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: MikeB update - 08/03/04 07:27 PM

I've been looking at the pictures of his new house... Remembering him being on dialup in between selling the old house and moving there, showing us the cabinets and floors he was thinking of choosing ... and wondering how so much could have happened in such a short time!<br><br>Damn.<br><br>I just had a cancer scare myself and won't know if all is well until the 6 month checkup. In a single heartbeat your whole world can turn upside down. <br><br>May God comfort Mike and his family. Very sad news. <br><br>Thanks for telling us, John.<br><br>
Posted by: srumrill

Re: MikeB update - 08/03/04 07:28 PM

Wow! Mike was the first one I butted heads with when I joined here. I really disliked him, and I'm sure he equally disliked me. I even went so far as to find a picture of him, and use it as my avatar, as a joke and to get under his skin. Seems so stupid now.<br><br>My best wishes to Mike and his family. If he cannot be cured, I hope he goes in peace. We'll miss you Mike (even me!).<br><br>
Posted by: Mactico

Re: MikeB update - 08/03/04 07:29 PM

Krasni (Ana) send me yesterday the url address of Michael http://quintus55.blogspot.com/ He explain with details about his cancer. Also you can post a message to him. <br><br>
Posted by: Topper

Re: MikeB update - 08/03/04 07:31 PM

I am very sad, very sorry.<br>I am sitting here stunned, speechless, teary.<br><br>
Posted by: iRock

Re: MikeB update - 08/03/04 07:42 PM

Who ever knew it would be so painfully felt, the loss of someone you never met face to face. But it does and I am sitting here stunned and in tears. What beautiful pages of pictures he left behind. <br>Mike's pics<br>In spite of all the razing about the D70 club I am glad he got the pleasure of being a member. I knew he was having problems but was hoping for the best. This came far too quick. I pray for him and for Lena that she has the strength to get through this. Turns out feelings for virtual friends are real after all.<br><br>
Posted by: trey

Re: MikeB update - 08/03/04 07:46 PM

Jesus Christ. That's unexpected. I just figured he had gone away to get away form all of the politics.<br><br>I don't know what to say.<br><br>
Posted by: Topper

Re: MikeB update - 08/03/04 07:46 PM

Excellent homepage and pictures, iRock. Thank you.<br><br>
Posted by: drjohn

Re: MikeB update - 08/03/04 07:49 PM

I'm sorry to hear that.<br><br>
Posted by: Shooshie

I'm in shock! - 08/03/04 08:04 PM

Oh, poor Mike. Poor Lena! This just isn't supposed to happen, and yet it's something we all have to get used to. That doesn't make it any easier to get used to it. Life is just a journey, and we make the best of the scenery and stops along the way. Mike has been someone who has certainly done that, and he's shared those things with us. I think back of all the pictures and stories he's posted over the years, and it makes me happy that Mike shared his life with us. I vicariously imagined my own house being built where Mike's is, with a few cool cars out front, and a nice boat just a few minutes over in the harbor. Mike's one of the reasons I have continued to come over and read the forum here at MacMinute. He has always been one of my favorite MacCentral folks, and this split has made it hard to stay up with everyone. I literally just found out about Mike's condition, thanks to a dear friend who sent me an email about it. I'm still in shock. <br><br>Hoping and praying for some sort of miracle cure isn't being insensitive to Mike's reality. It's just a plea to the unknown not to do this to us. If Mike's in a coma now, he can no longer hear us. But we have to vent somewhere, to each other at least. <br><br>It is my wish, and I believe it would be Mike's, that his condition becomes a wake-up call to all of us to drop the petty differences that have divided us, so that we treat each other as friends and family again. That would be a wonderful and tangible legacy to attribute to Mike's inspiration. Life is just too short not to share and be mutually supportive. <br><br>God bless you, Mike. I wish I had told you more how you've inspired me over the years. It's just not fair that now, on the verge of fulfilling your dreams, they get dashed against the rocky surf. I pray for your peace, and for Lena's recovery to whatever the future holds. From what I've seen, you've had a great life this far. That is the reality I'll hold on to.<br><br>Shooshie<br><br>[color:green]Pictures and things</font color=green>
Posted by: margadagio

Re: MikeB update - 08/03/04 08:05 PM

I hear ya Shelli, I haven't stopped the tears since hearing the news. We ARE real.<br><br>
Posted by: ezyrider

Re: MikeB update - 08/03/04 08:14 PM

I'm stunned. I thought Mike was just taking a hiatus too. We had a few good D70 PMs. I didn't know him as well as most of you. But I liked him. <br><br>I went through 2 years of chemo and radiation in the late 80s. It is really horrible stuff. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. This is just terrible.<br><br>I'll really miss his input around here.<br><br>
Posted by: sean

Re: MikeB update - 08/03/04 08:26 PM

my gosh, this just brings me to tears. and, cancer to boot. i feel like i've been fighting cancer for the past year as i've seen a good friend here fight from the verge of death's grip back to near health, but with no energy yet and i've been writing about it since last august on this forum. then, my 20-something cousin gets breast cancer for the second time and undergoes treatment over the past 6 months. and, both of them survived and the process just tore me up. i even switched to a new diet to help fend off cancer about 3 weeks ago because my buddy had to switch and i wanted to show my support. and, we give all of our money to the american cancer society and stopped giving to other groups so we could concentrate on cancer with all of our resources. to hear mike is losing his battle is just such a heavy burden for my heart. my thoughts go out to his wife...what a damn shame to lose a guy i considered such a good buddy and friend. mike and i did see eye to eye on a great many things and i always appreciated having another voice of reason (even if it's our own biased reason). i had no idea he had cancer in the first place so this is really shocking news. damn it! what crummy, crummy news.<br><br><br><br>--<br>

Re: MikeB update - 08/03/04 08:27 PM

before we knew<br><br>****************<br><br>[color:red]VOTE for President George W. Bush on November 2, 2004</font color=red>
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: MikeB update - 08/03/04 08:28 PM

Well, I *was* taking a break (no medical issues here, knock on wood) but I couldn't NOT post regarding this development....<br><br>I can't say I got along with Mike 100% of the time either, but he's in my prayers tonight. John, give mine and everyone else's warmest wishes & hopes to the family, and if the worst happens, please give them our deepest sympathies.<br><br>Life is too short as it is, damn it, and we don't need something as awful as cancer making it any shorter.... I think nutty summed it up best - this sucks. Makes everything else seem pretty damn insignificant, doesn't it?<br><br>C'mon, Mike- you've never backed down from a fight before- don't do it now!<br><br>

Re: MikeB update - 08/03/04 08:32 PM

That's funny Matt. I remember that post. And I remember thinking MikeB blogging? He was the last person I ever thought would bother with something like that, but turns out he had a good reason and something to say.<br><br>
Posted by: lislaz

Re: MikeB update - 08/03/04 09:18 PM

Mike was the first one to help me with my avatar when I first started posting here at MacMinute. I also remember that the first post I replied to was his -- he had just bought the Powerbook 12 inch and I was commenting that I had also just got my new toy. <br><br>I just found the link for the first reply I made on MM..it was Mike's joyful exclamation about his new toy! Mike's AlBook<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: garyW

Re: MikeB update - 08/03/04 09:21 PM

I read this thread and had to go give my sleeping daughter and wife a hug and kiss on their cheeks. <br><br><br><br>
Posted by: bird

Re: MikeB update - 08/03/04 10:45 PM

I have prayed everyday for him. It was hard knowing his condition but not being able to say anything..Mike helped me pick out my clam when I was looking for one on e-bay..he found the one I ended up buying. He was always so helpful to me..a true lover of life..and a fighter..Life just plain sucks..Here is one of my last posts from him 7/09/04<br>Haven't posted much lately, dealing with some very serious health issues. Specifically, I have been undergoing chemo treatments for cancer. I haven't really wanted to make it public though here in the forum. Anyway, that is why I have not been around much lately. <br><br>He talked about a few other things and I recieved 2 more pm.s stating he was going to go down fighting if he had to go. I respected his wishes not to mention his illness..I am so glad that we all know now..it was a hard thing to do. My prayers still go out to him and Lena everynight..Glad Lena let you tell the forum John..it has been a sad secret.<br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: MikeB update - 08/03/04 11:18 PM

Thanks John for the cross post, I posted a response at MC.<br><br>I am sadden at this news, MikeB was and still a great man that lived his life to the fullest - I hope for miracles.<br><br>
Posted by: SacredBovine

Bugger! - 08/04/04 12:53 AM

I don't know MikeB well. Heck, I really don't know anybody here I suppose. But I'm absolutely gutted.<br><br>I can only hope that his wife might visit this forum and gain some comfort from the esteem her husband is held in by the members here. He is a man of principle and honest in his convictions. He is to be admired and his contribution to MM is, and will continue to be, sorely missed.<br><br>God bless you and keep you MikeB. I will remember you.<br><br>Ross McWilliams.<br>(Sacred_Bovine)<br><br><br><br>Moo?
Posted by: squareman

Re: MikeB update - 08/04/04 12:53 AM

Wow. Stunned and wordless.<br><br><br>God bless, Mike.<br><br>
Posted by: Krasni

Re: MikeB update - 08/04/04 01:39 AM

I have the address, count on me for sending them whatever you want.<br><br>For those of you interested PM me and I'll send you Mike and Lena's e-mail and phones. I'm sure Lena will be glad to see how many friends Mike has.<br><br><br><br>

Re: Stan . . . - 08/04/04 01:49 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Could you pin this thread to the top of the forum for a day or two? Everyone ok with that?<br><p><hr></blockquote><p>I second that sentiment. If Lena happens to visit, she might come to know that Mike has always been held in high esteem here. I didn't butt heads with Mike; we were nearly always in agreement about things, but those who did always seemed to treat him with respect--a mark of honor among ourselves, anyway. <br><br>This is so silly of me. I keep checking this thread and its counterpart over at MC, hoping to see a new post by MikeB saying something like "whew! that was a close one." I know it's not going to happen, but I keep looking for it anyway. I just lost a dear little animal recently, and I did the same thing: for days I kept expecting to see him in his favorite places. <br><br>What will become of his website? Would it be appropriate to archive it? Would that be a good thing? Or is that indicative of an inability to let go? Mike helped a lot of us out, and was so active and supportive, it seems that archiving his pictures somewhere would be a good tribute to him if Lena approved. Does anyone else think so? <br><br>I'm just thinking out loud, early in the morning. Feel free to tell me I should have had a cup of coffee before talking. It occurs to me that over the next five years we're liable to see more of our numbers going this way. It's a sad fact: life's just not permanent. I hope everyone sees the value of a single day, now. It's having that effect on me. <br><br><br>Shooshie<br><br><br>[color:green]Pictures and things</font color=green>
Posted by: MachOne

Re: MikeB update - 08/04/04 02:09 AM

I don't get here much these days but this news is tragic. I'm not very good with words at times like these so with your indulgence I would like to repeat the message I left at MacCentral.<br><br>"I have just been emailed the bad news. Thanks for letting us know JohnKentucky.<br><br>I have no idea what to write. MikeB has been one of the most forthright, uncompromising posters both here and over at MacMinute over the years and I am shocked to hear of his condition. I can console myself with the knowledge that he has led a full and fruitful life but I cannot even begin to imagine the anguish his wife must be feeling right now.<br><br>I wish that she finds the strength to cope in this dark time and if she were aware of the depth of feeling for her husband in this forum, I am certain that it would help ease the burden.<br><br>Go peacefully Mike. You will surely be missed."<br><br>

Re: Stan . . . - 08/04/04 02:27 AM

I think you got the right idea, Shooshie. But I'll go one further..how about a combined MC/MM mosaic with his pictures, if it's possible?<br><br>Matt, I reported your post in the hopes that Stan does pin it.<br><br>"You mean they're taking the thoughts we think we thought and making them thoughts we think we thought... I think." - Patrick
Posted by: Swatcat

Re: MikeB update - 08/04/04 03:02 AM

Thank You John<br>Mike and his family will be in my prayers.<br>This is very sad news Mike over the years has been a good friend and always helped me when I need help.<br>As Nutty says this sucks<br><br> My Ultimate Amazing Crap !
Posted by: mojo_jojo

Re: MikeB update - 08/04/04 03:19 AM

What horrible news. My prayers go out to Mike and his wife Lena. I just finished reading his blog and Mike has been very couragous in handling this battle. God Bless Mike. <br><br>
Posted by: StanFlack

Re: MikeB update - 08/04/04 03:29 AM

I am just stunned by this sad, sad news. From all of us here at MacMinute, Mike and Lena, you are in our thoughts and prayers as you go through this. <br><br>Stan<br><br>
Posted by: Mike

Re: MikeB update - 08/04/04 04:02 AM

I'm saddened by the news. <br>Mein herzlichstes Beileid....<br><br>
Posted by: LoveTheBomb

Re: MikeB update - 08/04/04 04:16 AM

Thanks John for telling us... I am totally at a loss for words right now<br><br>-Matt<br><br>
Posted by: SgtBaxter

Can't say anything... - 08/04/04 05:59 AM

... that hasn't been said by everyone already. <br><br>Our thoughts and prayers are with Mike and his family. God bless.<br><br>
Posted by: Amy

Re: MikeB update - 08/04/04 06:22 AM

I was stunned when John got the email last night, and just couldn't believe it. Mike and Lena your in our prayers.<br><br>
Posted by: hayesk

Re: MikeB update - 08/04/04 06:34 AM

Oh my, that's just awful. My thoughts and prayers are with his family now.<br><br>Mike lived life to the fullest. He will be missed.<br><br>

Re: MikeB update - 08/04/04 06:54 AM

My card has even more meaning now.<br><br><br>
Posted by: JonnyCat

Re: MikeB update - 08/04/04 06:58 AM

Sad and terrible news. It just stuns me that one of us will be gone forever.<br><br>MikeB will be missed. <br><br>[color:blue]All your sock puppets are belong to us</font color=blue>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Stan . . . - 08/04/04 07:50 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>What will become of his website? Would it be appropriate to archive it? Would that be a good thing? Or is that indicative of an inability to let go?<p><hr></blockquote><p>While I can certainly see the "healing" benefits of doing this, and a mosaic of his pictures sounds wonderful, I can't help but looking back on my situation.<br><br>I have a lot of photos that I posted on my .Mac site of my sister shortly after she passed away. When I posted them I thought it would someone make it easier... time has proven that it doesn't help much. Nothing I can post will change anything, and I must simply move one. It simply delays the "moving on" process and keeps our minds occupied with something other than what it should be.<br><br>I think what we should do is take this as a very serious reminder that we are here for but a short time. That time can and should be better spent doing the things we love to do with the people we love to do them with. Mike certainly understood this, as we all know by looking at photos of his new house, his sailboat and the trips he took with his wife. <br><br>But we should also see that he, like the rest of us here, CHOSE to be here with each other. Mike conveyed to me several times how sickened he was with the state of the forums at MC and to some extent here at MM. Not because he disliked the people here, but more the way that the people who CHOSE to be with each other day after day treated each other in a way that they would never consider treating someone in their own home.<br><br>More to the point, when I look back at the thread where everyone sent me their condolences after my sister passed, and I look at everyone who posted here in this thread, it's obvious that despite any differences we have, we still CHOOSE to be here rather than somewhere else. That must say something about us. It's silly to say we're like a family, because we're not. But we are friends, and while friends do have disagreements, they do stick together and value the time they have together. <br><br>Mike chose to be here posting away until he couldn't do it anymore, and that fact should hit home with all of us.<br><br>God bless you Mike, go in peace.<br><br>

Re: Stan . . . - 08/04/04 08:25 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p> It's silly to say we're like a family, because we're not. But we are friends, and while friends do have disagreements, they do stick together and value the time they have together.<p><hr></blockquote><p>I understand what you're saying here, I don't think it's silly to think of us as a family. At least, that's how I see it, right or wrong. Some of us are here, every day, sharing our lives with one another. Some of us drop by only time to time. Some of us leave for good clips at a time and some leave permanently. In other words, the dynamics of a family. And just like a family, at moments like this, we all come together and grieve for one of our own. <br><br>****************<br><br>[color:red]VOTE for President George W. Bush on November 2, 2004</font color=red>
Posted by: skuldugary

Re: MikeB update - 08/04/04 08:35 AM

I am so deeply sorry to hear about Mike. He and I also knocked heads, yet I always enjoyed talking with him.<br><br>My heartfelt prayers go out to him and his loved ones.<br><br>
Posted by: djstefan

Re: MikeB update - 08/04/04 09:20 AM

He will be missed by many. We had started talking a bit right before he has got the bad news I guess, right around the time I bought the bike. I remember him telling me how he would be too scared to ride one of them cause they are so dangerous. Well Mike, life is short either way, and I know you had fun in yours and lived it as a wonderful dream. We will all see you later...<br><br>_________________________________________<br>You expect me to sign here or somethin?

Re: Stan . . . - 08/04/04 09:24 AM

You may be right, Gizmo, or it may be something that just means different things to different folks. For now, let's just open the dialogue. If it starts heading in that direction, we can just leave it as a nice idea that wouldn't be feasible. But let's talk about it and give it some consideration. <br><br>For now, check my thread at MacCentral about the idea of a gallery in the form of a "Hall of Fame" for not only preserving the work of deceased members, but also possibly even for revolving displays of work of living members as well. We could call it the MikeB Gallery at the MC or MM Hall of Fame. <br><br>This may be premature, but I'd hate to lose Mike's pictures while procrastinating about discussing this. Like I said, if it's a bad idea, just tell me. I'm only proposing something because I care about some form of memorial for Mike, and I know he's not going to be the last. We're a community, and this is one area we simply haven't considered before. We need something.<br><br>MacGizmo, also remember that we're not collectively memorializing our sister or brother or spouse. It won't be as if we can't move on. I realize what you're saying, and it's something more of a problem when the deceased is so close to you. To most of us, a site that memorialized MikeB, and anyone else who passes away in the future, would probably be a very positive thing, and would give us a way to touch base with those we want to remember. We're not in danger of not moving on, because we're not emotionally bonded to Mike other than as a friend and fellow community member. It's just that I don't like the idea of moving on completely--such that our departed friends are forgotten. <br><br>Geez, I feel terrible about talking about this. It just occurred to me that Mike is probably still with us, and yet we're talking as though he is already deceased. Well, if things are as bad as they appear to be, but Mike is still alive, I hope there is some way he can know that we're talking about him and maybe even bringing change to the forums in his honor. <br><br><br>Shooshie<br><br>[color:green]Pictures and things</font color=green>

Re: Stan . . . - 08/04/04 09:39 AM

I see lots of ideas for 'group' projects and tributes, but even with the best of intentions these things always turn to sh*t.<br><br>If you feel that strongly about the situation, I would suggest a personal tribute done on your own time and accord. Based on all my own experiences with online collaborations, it usually turns into a bickering circus of creative mish-mosh, that won't do anyone any good.<br><br>Some might argue "No, we wouldn't *allow* this to turn to sh*t, it's for a 'good' cause..." Sorry, but I don't believe that for a second. If I recall, wasn't the first MC mosaic created for a CP charity? <br><br>Not trying to trample on people's memories and inspirations here- all I'm saying is that this shouldn't turn into another round of "Let's all do something creative and badger everyone involved to hurry up and finish their part of the deal". <br><br>Do something in remembrance based on your OWN emotions...<br><br>[color:white]God speed, mikeb. Go drive a Porsche in the big Autobahn in the sky...</font color=white>

Re: Stan . . . - 08/04/04 10:00 AM

You're probably right, DM. It probably shouldn't be a public project. We can just nip that one in the bud right there. <br><br><br>Shooshie<br><br><br><br>[color:green]Pictures and things</font color=green>

Re: Stan . . . - 08/04/04 10:05 AM

Hey, far be it from me to start trouble in a thread such as this or try and direct the masses on what to do. If it's a public project the masses want, then it will obviously go forward with great steam...<br><br>Just trying to throw out a little caveat out there....<br><br><br><br>[color:white]God speed, mikeb. Go drive a Porsche in the big Autobahn in the sky...</font color=white>
Posted by: Beniitec

Re: MikeB update - 08/04/04 10:46 AM

WHAT? Mike, we're sure gonna miss you buddy. I've been taking a break due to the election year political mumbo jumbo. I had no idea. I'm stunned. Blown away.... Mike, you and your wonderful family are in my prayers. We love you man.<br><br>Ben<br><br>

Re: Stan . . . - 08/04/04 10:51 AM

Sometimes it's the journey...<br><br>
Posted by: alAnonymous

Re: Stan . . . - 08/04/04 11:03 AM

I'm blown away. I can't believe any of this...I always enjoy reading Mike's posts whether I agree with them or not. He's in my thoughts and prayers....<br><br>
Posted by: nebosuke

Re: MikeB update - 08/04/04 11:18 AM

Terrible news, what a painful ordeal for he and his family.<br><br>Maybe some people won't understand when I say this, but I wish him a peaceful and swift departure from this life. I've been through losing sombody to cancer and wanting them to hold on at this stage is only to extend the misery. He lived well, and I hope his family and friends are left with an appreciation for that when all is said and done.<br><br>I guess like a few others here, I didn't always get along with mike either, but petty differences mean little in the end.<br>
Posted by: KateSorensen

Re: MikeB update - 08/04/04 12:01 PM

<blockquote>Maybe some people won't understand when I say this, but I wish him a peaceful and swift departure from this life.</blockquote><br><br>I'm pretty sure that I, and many others, understand and agree. I lots two close friends in the past year and both had tough, lingering fights near the end. It is a difficult thing to watch and deal with.<br><br>Love to Mikeb and his family of loved ones.<br><br><br><br>KateMate
Posted by: Larry

Re: MikeB update - 08/04/04 01:28 PM

I don't know what to say. I was going to comment earlier, but I just couldn't think of the words... and still can't. This is absolutely terrible. I've missed his posts around here for a while now... and I don't want to imagine this place without him. God bless you, Mike.<br>

Re: MikeB update - 08/04/04 06:05 PM

I've seen the down side as a medic and I totally understand. <br><br><br>Salus populi suprema lex

Re: MikeB update - 08/04/04 06:29 PM

Like my dad said when he was dying of cancer, "If I thought I could get better, it wouldn't be so bad." So, at the end, I begged his doctor to give him as much medication as necessary to make him comfortable. His doctor warned me that it might kill him, but I told him to do it. My dad died the next day, but at least he died peacefully. <br><br>My mom and grandmother died of cancer, as did my grandfather and my aunts and uncles... <br><br>I held my grandmother's hand while she passed. I was praying for God to take her, yet I cried when she was gone because I knew how much I would miss her. But it was a selfish wish on my part. She was better off not suffering anymore.<br><br>I quit smoking recently because my doctor told me that I could either cross the street in heavy traffic, blind and deaf, or I could cross the street blind. By quitting smoking she said that at least I could hear the traffic, even if couldn't see it.<br><br>Mike was adopted, so he was blind, deaf, and handcuffed. <br><br>May God hold Mike in his arms and carry him now.<br><br>
Posted by: sross

Re: MikeB update - 08/04/04 07:35 PM

Mike and Lena are in my prayers.<br>Lena, if you have the chance, it would be lovely for Mike to hear the outpouring of heartfelt words from his friends here at MacMinute. Here's hoping you strength as you go through this challenging time.<br>I remember you fondly Mike, and hope that you sucessful in your struggle. <br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: greenme1

Re: MikeB update - 08/04/04 08:10 PM

Truly horrible news, i had no idea until i read this thread today. Mike will be sorely missed around here. <br><br>
Posted by: rman

Re: MikeB update - 08/04/04 10:44 PM

I am truely at a loss words. My prayers goes out Mike and his family.<br><br>[color:purple]We're building up or tearing down In everything we do;<br>Are you on the construction gang Or on the wrecking crew? - Anon</font color=purple>

Re: MikeB update - 08/04/04 11:32 PM

I love this picture of Mike (see sig), he looks so relaxed. That is how I would like to think of him. ... even if it still makes me cry...<br><br>Keep Me In Your Heart <br>by Warren Zevon<br><br>Shadows are falling and I'm running out of breath<br>Keep me in your heart for awhile<br><br>If I leave you it doesn't mean I love you any less<br>Keep me in your heart for awhile<br><br>When you get up in the morning and you see that crazy sun<br>Keep me in your heart for while<br><br>There's a train leaving nightly called when all is said and done<br>Keep me in your heart for while<br><br>Sha-la-la-la-la-la-la-li-li-lo<br>Keep me in your heart for while<br><br>Sha-la-la-la-la-la-la-li-li-lo<br>Keep me in your heart for while<br><br>Sometimes when you're doing simple things around the house<br>Maybe you'll think of me and smile<br><br>You know I'm tied to you like the buttons on your blouse<br>Keep me in your heart for while<br><br>Hold me in your thoughts, take me to your dreams<br>Touch me as I fall into view<br>When the winter comes keep the fires lit<br>And I will be right next to you<br><br>Engine driver's headed north to Pleasant Stream<br>Keep me in your heart for while<br><br>These wheels keep turning but they're running out of steam<br>Keep me in your heart for while<br><br>Sha-la-la-la-la-la-la-li-li-lo<br>Keep me in your heart for while<br><br>Sha-la-la-la-la-la-la-li-li-lo<br>Keep me in your heart for while<br><br>Keep me in your heart for while<br><br>
Posted by: iraszl

Re: MikeB update - 08/05/04 01:41 AM

thanks for letting us know. frown i miss him.<br><br>
Posted by: walzuhair

Re: MikeB update - 08/05/04 05:20 AM

May god bless him with peace and award him the highest degree in paradise, and grant his loved ones peace of mind, strength to go through this ordeal with a mended heart... Ameen..<br><br>
Posted by: walzuhair

Re: MikeB update - 08/05/04 05:38 AM

I'm using a copy of the nice signature you made, I hope it's ok with you.. I also used yellow flowers for my avatar, as a sign of a missed friend.<br><br>

Re: MikeB update - 08/05/04 05:42 AM

I don't mind Waleed. I was afraid it might be upsetting. Missed friend is right. <br><br>
Posted by: DavidDraiman

Re: MikeB update - 08/05/04 05:43 AM

Wow, it's so sad to hear about this. I recently had a scare myself... I had a CT Scan that revealed a tumor that was taking up 75% of my bladder. They went in and took the whole thing out, which revealed it was all superficial (a good thing) and it hadn't invaded the walls or muscle of the bladder. Which was good, because if it had, they would've had to remove the bladder...<br><br>Now I just have to go back once a week for 6 weeks to inject medicine, then once every 3 months for a year to check up on it, then once a year for 5 years...<br><br>My thoughts are with you and your family Mike... You'll be missed around here.<br><br>Here's another song for you, although a sadder, more depressing song, but one of my favorites.<br><br>Metallica<br>Fade To Black<br><br>Life, it seems, will fade away<br>Drifting further every day<br>Getting lost within myself<br>Nothing matters, no one else<br><br>I have lost the will to live<br>Simply nothing more to give<br>There is nothing more for me<br>Need the end to set me free<br><br>Things not what they used to be<br>Missing one inside of me<br>Deathly lost, this can't be real<br>Cannot stand this hell I feel<br><br>Emptiness is filling me<br>To the point of agony<br>Growing darkness taking dawn<br>I was me, but now he's gone<br><br>No one but me can save myself, but it's too late<br>Now I can't think, think why I should even try<br><br>Yesterday seems as though it never existed<br>Death greets me warm, now I will just say goodbye<br><br>[color:red]No one dies a virgin, Life screws us all.</font color=red>

Re: MikeB update - 08/05/04 05:47 AM

David I am glad you are improving. Very sorry you had to go through that.<br><br>
Posted by: DavidDraiman

Re: MikeB update - 08/05/04 06:10 AM

thanks, I had the surgery 2 weeks ago yesterday, I'm pretty much back to normal now.<br><br>My first appt. is next Wed.<br><br>No one dies a virgin, Life screws us all.

Re: MikeB update - 08/05/04 06:27 AM

David, thanks for sharing it with us. Glad the didn't touch your bladder. So no need for chemo and that's good news.<br><br><br>

Re: MikeB update - 08/05/04 06:54 AM

I don't mean to sound cold, but I find this whole pinning of the thread and subsequent sig pics of Mike pretty darn disturbing and slightly morbid. If I were in Mike's shoes, I would be feel fairly disturbed that my friends were memorializing me before I was even gone.<br><br>

Re: MikeB update - 08/05/04 07:04 AM

I agree...it's all a bit premature, even though everyone's intentions are pure. <br><br>

Re: MikeB update - 08/05/04 07:09 AM

Sorry Jim, we all have different ways of coping. I chose keep me in your heart because we can do that while he is still alive. If it is too offensive I will remove it. Please let me know if the majority of everyone would like not to see this. It reminds me Mike is a real person. You know the last thing I want is to cause more pain.<br><br>

Re: MikeB update - 08/05/04 07:13 AM

Shelli, I think it's not offensive at all, it's just a question of points of view.<br><br>In respect of Michael and Lena I suggest you all to do what you feel like doing. This is not a thread for opinions, just for feelings.<br><br><br>

Re: MikeB update - 08/05/04 07:18 AM

Thanks Ana and thanks for keeping us posted.<br><br>

Re: MikeB update - 08/05/04 07:30 AM

It's not offensive to me, though it **might** be to Mike or Lena. But that's not for me to say. I miss having Mike around too, and I'll miss him when/if he passes, but I just don't care to bury the dead until they are, well, dead.<br><br>

Re: MikeB update - 08/05/04 08:36 AM

Perhaps Stan can unpin the thread now. My initial thought was it should be pinned so everyone had a chance to read the news.<br><br>****************<br><br>[color:red]VOTE for President George W. Bush on November 2, 2004</font color=red>

Re: MikeB update - 08/05/04 09:10 AM

Whew! Glad to hear that tumor hadn't invaded. There is no *good* cancer, but bladder is particularly invasive. You dodged a bullet, Dave, wonderful news!<br><br>
Posted by: KateSorensen

Re: MikeB update - 08/05/04 09:27 AM

I like seeing his face. Thanks. <br><br>I am glad for those who have such great faith and express their desire for a miracle for Mike, can express those things and truly believe them. However, there is no denying the info that John wrote:<br><blockquote><br>Mike was discharged and hospice* came to his house to assist. Mike slipped into a coma the other day and apparently has some infections. Doctors say Mike could go in one day or 10 days. <br></blockquote><br>I'm so glad for this thread and that we're sharing the time together.<br><br>There may be some who are not aware, but *hospice is a facility or program designed to provide a caring environment for supplying the physical and emotional needs of the terminally ill.<br><br>Lena and family are well aware Mike is dying and are trying to cope with it. We here are aware of it and trying to cope also. Some are hoping for a miracle. Some are not posting because they are mostly thinking about Mike and family when they come to the forum where we associated together. Some are prayerfully tending the whole process.<br><br>I can understand Giz's feelings and Shelli's. As it is in all things, we all have slightly different feelings on how to get by in times of sorrow, stress, and this biggie -- "death".<br><br>Personally, it reminds me of my own I may have to experience at any point in time, and of those I've lost recently.<br><br>I am for NOT unpinning it yet. It is serving a purpose for me -- for one . . . and I suspect many others.<br><br>I hope I have not offended anyone.<br><br><br><br><br>KateMate

Re: MikeB update - 08/05/04 09:51 AM

I'm so sorry to bring you the sad news: Michael is not with us anymore, he passed away yesterday.<br><br>I'll never forget you, my friend.<br><br><br>

Re: MikeB update - 08/05/04 09:59 AM

I'm for leaving it pinned too. My thought was that if it made some people uncomfortable, perhaps Stan could unpin it now ... Now that we've all had the chance to read the news. <br><br>****************<br><br>[color:red]VOTE for President George W. Bush on November 2, 2004</font color=red>

Re: MikeB update - 08/05/04 10:01 AM

It was inevitable- just glad for his family's sake that he didn't linger for too long...<br><br>RIP, you ornery cuss you.<br><br><br><br>[color:white]God speed, mikeb. Go drive your Boxster in the big Autobahn in the sky...</font color=white>

Re: MikeB update - 08/05/04 10:04 AM

Rest in Peace my friend.<br><br>

Re: MikeB update - 08/05/04 10:22 AM

Oh sh!t! I am sure God has better plans for Mike.<br> Godspeed Mike, we'll miss you.<br><br><br><br><br>My Stuff

Re: MikeB update - 08/05/04 10:22 AM

May you rest in peace my friend, and may your family gain strength and comfort in your lasting love and memories.<br><br>

Re: MikeB update - 08/05/04 11:12 AM

Rest in Peace, Mike.<br><br>

Rest in Peace Mike - 08/05/04 11:28 AM

May God bless Mike and his family.<br><br>****************<br><br>[color:red]VOTE for President George W. Bush on November 2, 2004</font color=red>

Re: MikeB update - 08/05/04 11:49 AM

Goodbye, Mike.<br><br>
Posted by: Amy

Re: MikeB update - 08/05/04 01:01 PM

May you rest in peace Mike. My prayers go out to his family.<br><br>
Posted by: mojo_jojo

Re: MikeB update - 08/05/04 01:06 PM

Thank you Krasni. <br><br>God Bless you Mike. You are in my thoughts and prayers.<br><br>Until we meet again. <br><br>Robert<br><br>
Posted by: hayesk

Re: MikeB update - 08/05/04 01:18 PM

Rest in Peace, Mike.<br><br>My condolences to his family and many friends.<br><br>
Posted by: djstefan

Re: MikeB update - 08/05/04 01:26 PM

The 2 things a person doesn't remember is being born and dying, therefore making life a short dream. Mike has awaken from the dream a bit too soon, but it was good till it lasted. Now that you have seen the light Mike, I hope it's nice and bright. You will be remembered by many for a long time.<br><br>Rest in peace Mike, I will have a smoke for you tonight.<br>Stefan<br><br>_________________________________________<br>You expect me to sign here or somethin?

Re: MikeB update - 08/05/04 01:45 PM

Rest in Peace my friend. I'll miss you <br><br>(shelli, I borrowed your sig pic too, hope you don't mind. I'm hosting it though.)<br><br>
Posted by: nebosuke

Re: MikeB update - 08/05/04 01:56 PM

<br><br>
Posted by: Biggerfoot

Re: MikeB update - 08/05/04 02:34 PM

I will miss him.<br><br>

Re: MikeB update - 08/05/04 03:08 PM

<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>[color:green]Pictures and things</font color=green>
Posted by: trey

Re: MikeB update - 08/05/04 03:59 PM

R.I.P. Mike. You will be missed.<br><br>

Re: MikeB update - 08/05/04 04:19 PM

MikeB You are missed. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and your life with us. <br><br>

Re: MikeB update - 08/05/04 07:29 PM

Untill we meet again........God speed my friend.<br><br><br>Salus populi suprema lex
Posted by: steveg

Re: MikeB update - 08/05/04 08:09 PM

Alaichem sholom.<br><br>You're at Peace now, Mike...<br><br>

Re: MikeB update - 08/05/04 09:17 PM

Not to make light of the situation, but does anyone besides me get the sneaking idea that Mike is already working on getting God to switch from Windows to Mac?!!! <br><br>Thanks for the times Mike, it's been a pleasure. May God keep you and watch over your family.<br><br>
Posted by: alAnonymous

Re: MikeB update - 08/05/04 09:31 PM

@Krasni -<br>Thanks for letting us know. <br><br>I already miss him.<br><br>It feels odd to say that since I never met him (formally). But I think as seen by the long list of replies to this thread, Mike was somebody whose personality showed through in something as impersonal as a message forum.<br><br>Personally, I kind of got the impression that he was somebody who came from sort of a difficult background but remained defiantly optimistic about life, but without ditching the wisdom given to him by his background. I truly admired him for those things.

Re: MikeB update - 08/05/04 10:13 PM

<br><br>

Re: MikeB update - 08/05/04 11:04 PM

I know they say you can't take anything with you, but I am sure Mike is in heaven right now with a 12" Powerbook, a D70, a Porsche, a sailboat and a new house!<br><br>Rest in peace, brother. You will be missed. <br><br><br>

Re: MikeB update - 08/06/04 12:54 AM

(In Spanish, sorry)<br>Yo no voy a decirte adiós porque no pienso pasar la página y olvidarte. Has sido una presencia importante para mí en los últimos años, me había acostumbrado a leer tus comentarios cada día.<br>Me alegro de haber tenido la suerte de conocerte personalmente, a ti y a Lena, aunque eso hace todavía más difícil aceptar el hecho de que ya no estás con nosotros.<br>Yo no sé si nos veremos después de esta vida, lo que sí sé es que mientras dure esta te llevaré siempre conmigo.<br>Gracias, amigo.<br>Ana.<br><br>We met in Venice (LA)<br><br>Venice, 11/10/2002<br><br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: azande

Re: MikeB update - 08/06/04 12:55 AM

First time here in a while and.... I'm stunned. <br><br>I didn't really have a chance to get to know Mike very well but I always read his opinions with interest. <br><br>Rest in peace Mike, and condolescence to his family.<br><br>Az.<br>That which is dreamed can never be lost, can never be undreamed. - The Sandman
Posted by: ezyrider

Re: MikeB update - 08/06/04 06:26 AM

Rest in peace Mike. We'll miss you. <br><br>

Re: MikeB update - 08/06/04 06:33 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p> Not to make light of the situation, but does anyone besides me get the sneaking idea that Mike is already working on getting God to switch from Windows to Mac?!!!<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>Now that's just silly, Gizmo...have a little common sense.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>Everyone knows God already uses one. <br><br>[color:white]God speed, mikeb. Go drive your Boxster in the big Autobahn in the sky...</font color=white>

Re: MikeB update - 08/06/04 08:08 AM

<br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: MikeB update - 08/07/04 04:05 PM

Thanks for getting in touch with Lena, John. I knew things couldn't be getting better when the blog came to a halt. What a hell of an evil thing to happen to a man so full of life. I hope Lena works through this and comes out strong.<br><br>edit: And heartfelt sorrow for Mike's passing. I wish I'd met Mike. He seemed like the kind of person I'd love to have been my friend.<br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by yoyo52 on 08/07/04 07:16 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>
Posted by: PointBreak

Re: MikeB update - 08/08/04 04:08 PM

I have just read this thread after being away for a while. Mike was the very first person to respond to my first posting. He was always helpful and cheery and we had many subsequent chats about cars boats kayaks and all things fun. I will miss him a lot. My thoughts go out to his family and friends.<br><br>Need a laugh? Visit CreatorDude.com

Re: MikeB update - 08/09/04 07:00 AM

I am so deeply saddened to hear of this news. It feels like death is everywhere I look. This is my first day back from being up north. I learned my mother died suddenly last Saturday and have been up there getting arrangements in order.<br><br>Mikes passing weights heavily on my heart. I hope he can find peace.<br><br>

Re: MikeB update - 08/09/04 08:48 AM

Didn't know whether to post here or a new thread but I'm sorry about your Mom. I'm sure you'll miss her. Last week was really rough.<br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: MikeB update - 08/09/04 09:03 AM

Sorry to hear about your mother, skul. My thoughts are with you.<br><br>

Re: MikeB update - 08/09/04 09:22 AM

Sorry to hear about your mother's passing, skul. <br><br>

Re: MikeB update - 08/09/04 09:28 AM

Lo siento mucho.<br><br>

Re: MikeB update - 08/09/04 09:28 AM

Sorry to hear about your loss. I hope she lived a long life. <br><br>
Posted by: nutty

Re: MikeB update - 08/09/04 09:41 AM

damn, skul, sorry for your loss.<br><br>peace<br><br>move along...nothing to see

Re: MikeB update - 08/09/04 10:48 AM

I am so sorry to hear of your loss Skul, it has been a sad week to be sure. I lost my mother very suddenly as well over 2 years ago, and during that time it also felt as if everyone was dying around me.<br><br>My condolences to you and your family. <br><br>

Re: MikeB update - 08/09/04 11:17 AM

Thank you, everyone. I'm very grateful for your kind words. I've never lost someone close to me before and it's pretty rough. Perhaps I can write more at a later date, but please, I didn't mean to highjack this thread. I would feel very bad if I gave the impression I was looking for attention. <br><br>This thread is about Mike and his life deserves to be recognized and honored without distraction.<br><br>

Re: MikeB update - 08/09/04 11:33 AM

Don't worry we don't think that at all. If you want to talk we are all here and you can even start a new thread about your mom when you feel like it. If you want to tell us about her we will listen. Peace.<br><br>
Posted by: bird

Re: MikeB update - 08/09/04 01:07 PM

Your news is not a distraction at all, just very heartbreaking. I am so sorry to hear about your mom. My Condolences go out to you and your loved ones.<br><br>
Posted by: snag

Re: MikeB update - 08/09/04 02:45 PM

Gosh this is terrible news :(<br><br>My thoughts go out to Mike and all his family. <br><br>Bless you Mike.<br><br>

Re: MikeB update - 08/09/04 03:05 PM

I am so sorry to hear of the news skul.<br><br><br>For Mike
Posted by: sean

Re: MikeB update - 08/10/04 11:24 AM

thank you for sharing that news. truly a sad ending. i really wish he had been more open about this so we all could have let him know we were rooting for him along the way. i'll miss him.<br><br>--<br>
Posted by: iraszl

Re: MikeB update - 08/10/04 12:54 PM

i'm sorry to hear that skul. be strong!<br><br>

Re: MikeB update - 08/12/04 06:33 PM

<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: polymerase

Re: MikeB update - 08/16/04 05:24 PM

I have been non-electric the last few weeks and so just clicked on Lori's sig over at MCF and found out about MikeB. <br><br>Very sad. Too young. Mike always seemed to be a man who was living the life. It wasn't like he was going "naa naa, look what I got", but he did love the cool boat and cool car and well shoot, he did live in one of the more beautiful places on earth too. But he made you only want to say, "good on you."<br><br>Spoke his mind. With a "screw you if you can't take a joke" kind of attitude which got me hooked on these forums many years ago. We will miss him.<br><br>I received an e-mail just an hour ago from the wife of a colleague in Australia. Liver cancer is claiming his life soon. It is not just because I work on cancer that I say, "Send a nice donation to the American Cancer Society or other cancer institute of your choice today in memory of MikeB."<br><br>Losing it in a turn at 140mph would be an accident. But way more fun then cancer. Hopefully we can cure it and it's either live to 90 or go out in flames. We can hope.<br><br>