Sniper's latest victim

Posted by: steveg

Sniper's latest victim - 10/20/02 02:34 PM

I'm listening to a news report about this poor guy. He's in awfully rough shape. They've gotta get this headcase soon. I keep thinking of all our forum-mates who live in that area. Please watch your backs, you guys.<br><br>
Posted by: Swatcat

Re: Sniper's latest victim - 10/20/02 02:45 PM

I live in the aera here this nutzoid is killing people,it scares me about my family being targets.<br>As for me it's out of my hands and Im not going to change any of my activites.<br>Dont get me wrong Im not painting a target on my ass or waving a flag shoot me,Im just going on how I always do.<br><br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: Sniper's latest victim - 10/20/02 02:50 PM

I realy do feel for you folks over in nomans land - the sense of dread.<br><br>

Re: Sniper's latest victim - 10/20/02 02:54 PM

No dread on my part I want that sucker dead<br><br>
Posted by: sross

Re: Sniper's latest victim - 10/20/02 04:07 PM

A fitting end.<br><br>
Posted by: Mcteak

Re: Sniper's latest victim - 10/20/02 04:13 PM

Ya know, life goes on, but I really don't know what to say. You hear and read about in everywhere but if you don't live in the DC area you move on. Now through this place, a connection has developed I truly start to worry about my Mac family up.<br><br>Too Easy!

Re: Sniper's latest victim - 10/20/02 04:17 PM

I agree. Ya can't zip yourself up in a freezer bag. But I can tell ya first-hand, that uncertainty is a real bugger. To this day, I get nervous if I see a plane that looks to be flying a little too low over Manhattan. Gives me the creeps big-time.<br><br>

Re: Sniper's latest victim - 10/20/02 04:27 PM

There are so many White Astro vans here with ladder rack and box trucks.<br>They all cant be snipers.<br>I doubt if the nutcase is even driving those vehicles by now.<br>Im tired of freaking out but I still worry about my wife and son.<br>The shooting at 7 Corners was across the street where she works this a-hole shoots children at school.<br>Soon they will corner him or her or them and that will be the end<br><br><br>

Re: Sniper's latest victim - 10/20/02 04:30 PM

Too close for comfort. I just hope that when they get him, he gets to see the round coming at his head. Give him something to think a/b for the last split second of his worthless life. <br><br>
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: Sniper's latest victim - 10/20/02 08:31 PM

Watch your backs, your fronts, and your ass too!!!!<br><br>[color:orange]Hey! Wait a 'minute'....</font color=orange>
Posted by: rman

Re: Sniper's latest victim - 10/21/02 02:37 PM

I truly agree with you.<br><br>

Re: Sniper's latest victim - 10/22/02 03:33 AM

Another shooting has been reported in Aspenhill MD.<br>A man waiting at a bus stop was shot in the chest,the shooting happend around 600:am<br><br>

Re: Sniper's latest victim - 10/22/02 03:37 AM

Oh crap! I just caught the alert on the NYTimes.com front page. No details yet. I heard that 10 school districts have chosen to cancel all classes. This is nuts, but we gotta protect our kids at any cost. Damn I hope they nail this (these?) lunatic(s)!<br><br>

Re: Sniper's latest victim - 10/22/02 03:46 AM

Traffic on the Beltway is closed down, on the American Legion bridge both ways .Police will be closeing roads all around the aera.<br>Mind you this is rush hour <br><br>

Re: Sniper's latest victim - 10/22/02 03:46 AM

Madness. Just stay safe.<br><br>
Posted by: margadagio

Re: Sniper's latest victim - 10/22/02 05:40 AM

Ed, everytime I hear of another shooting I cringe. I worry about you and your family. I can only imagine what you are going through.<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Sniper's latest victim - 10/22/02 12:25 PM

Apparently this was the bus driver and he died...I hope they catch this guy or guys soon! But I fear that they only will when he/they slip up.<br><br>

Re: Sniper's latest victim - 10/24/02 03:00 AM

FREDERICK, Md. (AP) - Two men wanted for questioning in the wave of deadly sniper attacks in the Washington area were arrested early Thursday after they were found sleeping in their car at a rest stop off a Maryland interstate, authorities said.<br><br>Members of the sniper task force arrested the men without incident at 3:19 a.m. off I-70 in Frederick County, Md., said Larry Scott, an agent for the Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms.<br><br>The men were arrested in a car that matched a description police gave at a midnight press briefing, said Maj. Greg Shipley, a spokesman for the Maryland State Police.<br><br>

Re: Sniper's latest victim - 10/24/02 03:05 AM

And, hopefully, here is their slip-up!<br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p> From Foxnews:<br>A law enforcement source told The (Baltimore) Sun that police found a piece of paper at the scene of the Montgomery shooting that bore Malvo's fingerprints. Police then traced Malvo to a Tacoma, Wash., house where he had been living with Williams, the paper said.<p><hr></blockquote><p><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Police sources told Fox News that members of the sniper task force arrested John Allen Muhammad, 42, and stepson Lee Malvo, 17, who police had issued a lookout for Wednesday night.<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>Williams apparently being the other name for John Allen Muhammad. The police are saying that they might not be the sniper...I guess they are hedging their bets. I sure hope they are!<br><br><br>Also, here is another (hopefully) slip-up by them:<br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Fox News reported Tuesday that a credit card is playing a crucial role in the investigation. Fox News has learned that the credit card apparently was taken following a liquor store robbery in Montgomery, Ala., on Sept. 21.<br><br>In that shooting, 52-year-old Claudine Parker was shot and killed. That credit card taken during the liquor store robbery is the same one that the serial sniper wanted officials to transfer $10 million to.<p><hr></blockquote><p><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by OSXaddict on 10/24/02 06:08 AM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Sniper's latest victim - 10/24/02 08:49 AM

May God watch over you and your family Swatty... I have an Aunt that lives out your way (not exactly sure the exact area - but it's enough for me that she isn't comfortable going anywhere unless she has to), so I have an idea of what it must be like.<br><br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Sniper's latest victim - 10/24/02 11:23 AM

Hope those are the bastards. I'd put them on a red-ant hill with honey on slathered on their bodies.<br><br>eidt: And I'm usually a non-vengeful kinda guy. This is just too much, though.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by yoyo52 on 10/24/02 02:24 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: Sniper's latest victim - 10/24/02 12:54 PM

Thanks Gizmo,Im doing just fine<br>It's a little to soon but in one hour and 15 minutes The police should make the announcement if the suspects are the sniper's and will be charged whit the murder of ten innocent people and the injury to three <br>There is plenty of evidence,but police have to move slow they don't want theses two to slip away due to a legal blunders<br>The suspects are in Maryland which has no death penalty they will be tried in Virginia and we do<br><br>
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: Sniper's latest victim - 10/24/02 12:56 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>The suspects are in Maryland which has no death penalty they will be tried in Virginia and we do<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>Nice!<br><br>[color:red]Remember- there's no 'i' in 'team', but there IS an 'm' and an 'e'...</font color=red>

Re: Sniper's latest victim - 10/24/02 12:57 PM

I am so darn happy to hear the news. Now I don't have to worry about your sorry old butt any longer. <br><br><br><br>

Re: Sniper's latest victim - 10/24/02 12:58 PM

<br>The snipers are in court right now being charged.<br>Almost Time To have a Sniper Party<br><br>

Re: Sniper's latest victim - 10/24/02 01:02 PM

Let's hope these are the jerks. How about a public execution? For these guys, they ought to bring that back.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: mojo_jojo

Re: Sniper's latest victim - 10/24/02 02:13 PM

I just find it odd that these are the same people that were able to shoot 13 people in basically broad daylight, and slip away every time virtually undetected. And yet decide to take a nap at a rest area a mere 30 miles away from the first shooting. They had to know the heat was being turned up on them. It was around 6pm last night that the media was reporting the Tacoma, WA lead. It seems that they would want to get farther away from the action before stopping to sleep. Either they are incredibly stupid or they are really incredibly stupid.<br><br>

Re: Sniper's latest victim - 10/24/02 02:15 PM

Stupid it is.<br><br>Unfortunately, lalso deadly.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Sniper's latest victim - 10/24/02 02:16 PM

Insane folks don't make sane decisions.<br><br><br><br>

Re: Sniper's latest victim - 10/24/02 02:19 PM

Humm<br>Maybe they were already running out of money - Gas was getting to be a problem.<br><br>

Re: Sniper's latest victim - 10/24/02 02:23 PM

They wont have to worry now they will be taken care of .<br>I welcome them to Virginia they will really be taken care of<br><br>

Re: Sniper's latest victim - 10/24/02 02:26 PM

Does Alabama have the death penalty to??<br>If so they can take care of them twice.<br><br>

Re: Sniper's latest victim - 10/24/02 02:33 PM

There are two of them maybe they can be shared between Va & Alabama<br><br><br>

Re: Sniper's latest victim - 10/24/02 02:40 PM

I would think that Alabama would get first dibs. Since it seems that they killed the two women there first?<br><br>

Re: Sniper's latest victim - 10/24/02 03:12 PM

The gun found in the sniper's car is a ballistic match.<br>Im just waiting for the police report around 7:00 pm est.<br><br>

Re: Sniper's latest victim - 10/24/02 03:28 PM

And the monsters will be dealt with.<br><br>

Re: Sniper's latest victim - 10/24/02 03:52 PM

Yes it will be <br>It's in the courts hands now and they deserve a fair trial.<br>We have a prosecuting attorney named Robert Horan here in Fairfax County Virginia there is no doubt these two won't be in his clutches.<br><br><br>

Re: Sniper's latest victim - 10/24/02 05:35 PM

Dang I hope they have every t crossed and every i dotted. Don't wan't these crazies to slip through on some stupid technicality.<br><br>

Re: Sniper's latest victim - 10/24/02 05:37 PM

Larry King had John Walsh on his show last night, and Walsh predicted that it would be some alert citizen not the PD that would nail these guys. And looky what happened!<br><br>

Re: Sniper's latest victim - 10/24/02 05:52 PM

I say ship 'em to Texas where they'll get a speedy trial and a quick execution <br><br>

Re: Sniper's latest victim - 10/24/02 05:57 PM

Please<br><br>

Re: Sniper's latest victim - 10/24/02 06:13 PM

Prosecutor's from Md/Wash Dc/Va will meet tomorow to discuss charges.<br>The police are taking their time on formal charges just to make sure there are no loop holes for these two.<br>They are now suspects in the case.<br>Because a juvenile is involved his name is not formaly relesed by the Police/ATF/FBI.<br>They are crossing their T's and dotting the I's<br><br><br>

Re: Sniper's latest victim - 10/24/02 06:15 PM

They will get their speedy trial most likely in the Washington Meto aera.<br><br><br>

Re: Sniper's latest victim - 10/24/02 06:17 PM

The 17 year old is a minor for civil purposes but an adult for criminal charges. ( at least that's the law in texas)<br>If not, he can be "certified" as an adult and tried as same.<br>It is done all the time.<br><br>

Re: Sniper's latest victim - 10/24/02 06:23 PM

I believe its the same in Va also.<br>I think that is why the prosecutor's are meeting to discuss options.<br><br>

Re: Sniper's latest victim - 10/24/02 06:27 PM

I think they need to be absolutley certain about the ballistic test results. Maybe fire a couple of test rounds into the suspects' heads... y'know, just to be sure. <br><br>*oops! oh chief moose, sir. a little accident here. we need a mop...*<br><br>

Re: Sniper's latest victim - 10/24/02 06:30 PM

Good tip I will pass it on to crime lab<br><br>

Re: Sniper's latest victim - 10/24/02 06:33 PM

ok....that's one huge sig you have there, swatcat!<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Sniper's latest victim - 10/24/02 07:26 PM

Yeah... my scroll wheel is getting worn-out fast!<br><br>

Re: Sniper's latest victim - 10/24/02 07:42 PM

It's his protection from the MacBabe threat. It won't work, you know, swatcat. They'll find a way through it.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"<br>