TransparentDock 2.0.2 better than ever

Posted by: Anonymous

TransparentDock 2.0.2 better than ever - 10/20/02 01:24 PM

The newest version of TransparentDock (perhaps it was like this the past few versions already, but it was news to me) lets you choose from a really big selection of colors for your dock triangle. Pink, yellow, lime, just about any color you can think of.<br><br>TP is one of those apps you download and forget about probably. So, if it has been a while since you downloaded a version, might want to check it out again and get the latest and greatest.<br><br>
Posted by: Biggerfoot

Re: TransparentDock 2.0.2 better than ever - 10/20/02 02:56 PM

I upgarded when I ugraded to 10.2...great little app...can not stand the plain old dock anymore.<br><br>
Posted by: MachOne

Re: TransparentDock 2.0.2 better than ever - 10/20/02 02:59 PM

Does it work with 10.1.5?<br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: TransparentDock 2.0.2 better than ever - 10/20/02 03:04 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p> Pink, yellow, lime, just about any color you can think of.<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>Heheh..I see which color you chose to list first... j/k<br><br>
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: TransparentDock 2.0.2 better than ever - 10/20/02 03:31 PM

The earlier version does.<br><br>Get it here. Scroll down the page.<br><br>
Posted by: MachOne

Re: TransparentDock 2.0.2 better than ever - 10/20/02 03:51 PM

Kewl...Tx Alec.<br><br>

Re: TransparentDock 2.0.2 better than ever - 10/20/02 03:51 PM

Meaning what? It is just what came to mind first.<br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: TransparentDock 2.0.2 better than ever - 10/20/02 03:56 PM

nevermind..it was a joke...<br><br>

Re: TransparentDock 2.0.2 better than ever - 10/20/02 03:58 PM

Yeah I know, I guess I didn't see the point of it though.<br><br>
Posted by: steveg

Re: TransparentDock 2.0.2 better than ever - 10/20/02 04:38 PM

Hey, it IS nice. Thanks for the tip.<br><br>
Posted by: margadagio

Re: TransparentDock 2.0.2 better than ever - 10/20/02 04:57 PM

The new colours were news to me too. Only found out about 2.0.2 after my recent Jag install. I picked orange. Tis the season.<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Mactico

Re: TransparentDock 2.0.2 better than ever - 10/20/02 07:22 PM

I prefer Clear Dog, is more versatile.<br><br>

Re: TransparentDock 2.0.2 better than ever - 10/20/02 08:16 PM

Yeah, so does it have lot of choices for colors German? Why do you think it is better? Details please on ClearDock.<br><br>
Posted by: Lori

Re: TransparentDock 2.0.2 better than ever - 10/20/02 08:34 PM

i just spent some time looking for Clear Dog....ha<br>dumb me...I finally figured after searching Version Tracker that you must have meant Clear Dock. I installed it and it does just what i want..a transparent dock...and free.<br><br><br>
Posted by: Lori

Re: TransparentDock 2.0.2 better than ever - 10/20/02 08:41 PM

Hi mike, since I just installed it I can tell you what it does.<br>You can choose to colorize the background color, the border color, and the triangle color. When you click to configure each one, you get to choose where you want to get your colors from: the color wheel, color sliders, color palettes, image palettes or crayons.<br>To just make the dock transparent, you click on each one, background, and then the border and slide the opacity wheel down to zero.<br><br><br>

Re: TransparentDock 2.0.2 better than ever - 10/20/02 08:46 PM

1.- Is free<br>2.- Don't need to make a backup of the original dock<br>3.- Don't need to write the administrator password.<br>4.- More choices of colors for the background color, the border color, and the triangle color. <br>5.- The interface is more clean and faster.<br>6.- Is supported for a company that makes many apps for the OS X<br><br>
Posted by: iRock

Re: TransparentDock 2.0.2 better than ever - 10/20/02 09:01 PM

Wow you've sold me on it. Is it for Jag only? I have 10.1.5.<br><br>Cheers, iRock<br>"Even though Mac Users may be only 10% of the market, always remember that we are the TOP 10%"<br>-Douglas Adams
Posted by: sean

Re: TransparentDock 2.0.2 better than ever - 10/20/02 09:04 PM

okay, this darn thing had a theme selector built into it and i played with it...i can no longer change my desktop background. the theme has taken over. anyone else encoutered this and figured it out? i don't like the theme, but i can't change it back to what it used to be.<br><br>[color:blue] -sean</font color=blue>

Re: TransparentDock 2.0.2 better than ever - 10/20/02 09:12 PM

Bad luck, is only for Jaguar. For 10.1.5 go with Transparent Dock.<br><br>
Posted by: iRock

Re: TransparentDock 2.0.2 better than ever - 10/20/02 09:13 PM

That's ok I'm going to get Jaguar, I can wait. Thanks.<br><br>Cheers, iRock<br>"Even though Mac Users may be only 10% of the market, always remember that we are the TOP 10%"<br>-Douglas Adams

Re: TransparentDock 2.0.2 better than ever - 10/21/02 08:57 AM

You will need to install also Aplication Enhancer with Clear Dock.<br><br>Click here to get both apps.<br><br>

Re: TransparentDock 2.0.2 better than ever - 10/21/02 10:09 AM

Haven't used that feature, so I don't know what to tell you to get out of that predicament. Have you tried switching desktop pictures from System Prefs and see if that works? Maybe trash TransparentDock or whatever you installed, and then try switching desktop pics again from DESKTOP in System Prefs. Good luck.<br><br>