PA to get first Apple Store

Posted by: yoyo52

PA to get first Apple Store - 10/20/02 08:45 AM

Finally! At King of Prussia, only about 40 miles away from me.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: margadagio

Re: PA to get first Apple Store - 10/20/02 08:53 AM

Lucky you. We will never get one here in Toronto. I've been fortunate to have seen the stores in Buffalo and Soho.<br><br><br><br>

Re: PA to get first Apple Store - 10/20/02 08:55 AM

I was just looking at the map of stores in the US at the Apple site and trying to figure out what the worst state to live in might be (from the point of view of distance from Apple stores)--not counting Alaska. I'd vote for Montana.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: PA to get first Apple Store - 10/20/02 09:05 AM

I think Montana would be bad. At least Buffalo is only a 2 hr drive for us.<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: lesh

Re: PA to get first Apple Store - 10/20/02 09:29 AM

Yeah! I thought I had heard that was going to happen. <br><br>Are you in Philly or are you out in Amish country? My Mom's family is from the Lancaster area - <br>she was born in a town that is actually named Intercourse.(snicker) <br>Raises plenty of eyebrows whenever she is asked where she is from!<br><br>
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: PA to get first Apple Store - 10/20/02 10:06 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Raises plenty of eyebrows whenever she is asked where she is from!<p><hr></blockquote><p>But then, again, aren't we all? <br><br>Say! Do they make black Macs for the Amish? Or are they still using older PowerBooks?<br><br>
Posted by: steveg

Re: PA to get first Apple Store - 10/20/02 10:16 AM

Gorgeous country out there. I spent some time in Tipton near Altoona shooting some ads for AT&T about 8 or 9 years ago. A fair number of Amish there, too. Really beautiful countryside. The whole time I was there I was kicking myself for not bringing my bicycle with me.<br><br>

Re: PA to get first Apple Store - 10/20/02 10:47 AM

I would think this is more Amish style. The original hand-crank model. <br><br><br><br><br><br>

Re: PA to get first Apple Store - 10/20/02 12:31 PM

Yup - Marg has the idea - electricity is frowned upon. <br><br>It is very beautiful country out there - although as a youngster & teenager it was excruciatingly booooorrrriiiiinnngggg to have to visit the grandparents. My sister and I went back for an uncle's funeral a few years ago and I really had forgotten how dramatic the landscape was - all the rolling hillsides dotted with the silos and barns and cows.<br><br>And if you check a map - Intercourse is not far from the town of Paradise.<br><br>

Re: PA to get first Apple Store - 10/20/02 12:37 PM

Intercourse is not far from the town of Paradise<br><br>snicker...<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Mcteak

Re: PA to get first Apple Store - 10/20/02 12:45 PM

Is it just me or is it getting hot in here.<br><br>Too Easy!

Re: PA to get first Apple Store - 10/20/02 12:46 PM

It's just you. <br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Mcteak

Re: PA to get first Apple Store - 10/20/02 12:48 PM

Dam%!! Off to a cold shower then.<br><br>Too Easy!

Re: PA to get first Apple Store - 10/20/02 01:48 PM

And I bet they sell a lot of cigarettes there! <br><br>

Re: PA to get first Apple Store - 10/20/02 04:50 PM

Intercourse is just down the road from Bird in Hand, which is next to Paradise, and that's a hoot and a holler from Lit titz.<br><br>Those dang dutchmen don't know how to spell <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: PA to get first Apple Store - 10/20/02 04:52 PM

And my memory is fuzzy but isn't there also the town of Blue Ball? Or is it Blue Bell?<br><br>

Re: PA to get first Apple Store - 10/20/02 04:52 PM

Coming back from the soccer game today, we passed three horse and buggies and, incredibly, two Amish bicyclists on a limited access highway, riding side by side in the right hand lane. How those two haven't gotten killed doing that is beyond me.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: PA to get first Apple Store - 10/20/02 04:53 PM

Nope, it's Blue Ball, but that definitely is not on the road to Intercourse.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: Biggerfoot

Re: PA to get first Apple Store - 10/20/02 05:21 PM

Here in Michgian, Climax is not far from Colon.<br><br>

Re: PA to get first Apple Store - 10/20/02 05:36 PM

I'll resist the pun <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: carp

Re: PA to get first Apple Store - 10/20/02 05:43 PM

I will never eat another Hershey Bar in my life.<br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: PA to get first Apple Store - 10/20/02 06:24 PM

Hehe...I need to brush up on my cities <br><br>

Re: PA to get first Apple Store - 10/20/02 06:53 PM

Well, why d'ya think they're brown? <br><br>

Re: PA to get first Apple Store - 10/20/02 06:53 PM

Hershey is now being flossed for a sale - maybe Nestlie will make a sweet deal so the town would not be a sour taffy.<br><br>Seems as though that the Hershey Board of Trusties wants to grab their candy and run - leaving the Hershey town with nothing but Skittles.<br><br>

Re: PA to get first Apple Store - 10/20/02 07:14 PM

They got talked out of selling, I think. Hershey without Hershey would be a disaster.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: PA to get first Apple Store - 10/20/02 07:22 PM

Only for now.<br>The town went into a uproar. Stateting lose of jobs etc etc.<br>The city backed up their (employees) complaints and asked the buyers to do a study like an enviromental statement.<br><br>The sale is on Hold. For now.<br><br>