Posted by: Swatcat

Here is something stupid - 10/20/02 08:36 AM

to do<br>http://www.homestarrunner.com/dance.html<br><br>
Posted by: margadagio

Re: Here is something stupid - 10/20/02 08:41 AM

What a hoot ! Thanks. <br><br><br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Here is something stupid - 10/20/02 08:47 AM

Spent a half hour on it <br><br>Thanks for the link.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: lesh

Re: Here is something stupid - 10/20/02 09:23 AM

Checked out some of the other offerings - jammed with Marzipan for about 15 minutes - pretty goofy!<br><br>
Posted by: steveg

Hey!!! - 10/20/02 10:19 AM

I know that guy! <br><br>
Posted by: sross

Re: Hey!!! - 10/20/02 10:24 AM

Me too. I think they reside at one of the other forums and have some issues. <br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by sross on 10/20/02 01:42 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: Hey!!! - 10/20/02 10:30 AM

Heh heh... you just narrowed it down to, oh maybe a dozen! <br><br>

Re: Hey!!! - 10/20/02 11:03 AM

Oh yes! I just had to correct my earlier post. <br><br>

Re: Hey!!! - 10/20/02 01:17 PM

I just did an anonymous drive-by over there, and saw that the political wrist-wringing and rock-throwing is alive and well. The tone of the place is just so unpleasant now. A real shame. I guess I'll be parking my wagon here from now on.<br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: Hey!!! - 10/20/02 01:41 PM

Was my Surf Up thread to political?? <br><br>Well MC has gotten some what better in the last week compared to last month. It seems that most are getting burned out except for the few that still post them.<br><br>

Re: Hey!!! - 10/20/02 01:45 PM

And they seem to be making up for those that have stepped back. <br><br>

Re: Hey!!! - 10/20/02 01:49 PM

Gosh Steve, it isn't that bad now. Even I have gone back. If you think it is bad now, you wouldn't believe how horrid it was after you left. All the "good" folks came here instead.<br><br><br><br>

Re: Hey!!! - 10/20/02 02:01 PM

Well, I'm basing it on a few minutes of lurking earlier today, and right off the bat, I see keymaker up to his same old garbage, and ekhart sucking up bandwidth with a couple of nasty dogfights...<br><br>I know how bad it was when I left, and it's hard to imagine it any worse. But even today, it seemed like every third thread was political. Oh well, I guess the bad taste in my mouth is still lingering.<br><br>

Re: Hey!!! - 10/20/02 02:03 PM

Time heals all wounds. <br><br><br><br>

Re: Hey!!! - 10/20/02 02:05 PM

Is there a deductible?<br><br>

Re: Hey!!! - 10/20/02 02:21 PM

Well Steve - I'm finding it very comfy and cozy and occassionally completely and enjoyably silly over here - I like it quite a bit - yes a good crowd - glad you are around here, too. (Boy I had no idea of what was ahead when I wandered over to the Mosaic booth that fateful Friday last July!)<br><br>

Re: Hey!!! - 10/20/02 02:25 PM

Yup... that'll learn ye! <br><br>
Posted by: Biggerfoot

Re: Hey!!! - 10/20/02 02:55 PM

Nice sig picture Steve!<br><br>

Re: Here is something stupid - 10/20/02 02:57 PM

That is a funny site...caught myself going back to it again.<br><br>

Re: Here is something stupid - 10/20/02 03:00 PM

I wonder if Xpecto8 was a lurker? Sort of spoke out to keymaker. It is not me.<br><br>

Re: Here is something stupid - 10/20/02 03:50 PM

Xpecto8, huh. I know that dude.<br><br>
Posted by: rman

Re: Here is something stupid - 10/20/02 03:54 PM

<br><br>

Re: Hey!!! - 10/20/02 03:55 PM

Keymaker and his buddies make me sick. They ruined it for many over there. The good news is that everyone here is of good cheer and doesn't care about race, religion or country of origin.<br>Xpecto8 has been around for a long time. Observing and being vigilant.<br>Not me either.<br><br>

Re: Hey!!! - 10/20/02 04:07 PM

I looked at the profile of Xpecto8 - it only had a 1 post - I thought it might be a regular incognito. A minor point but I was additionally irked 'cause some of these doo-dahs are in such a nasty frenzy they can't even spell properly.<br><br>

Re: Hey!!! - 10/20/02 04:21 PM

LOL! I guess they're just a bunch of stereo-typo's <br><br>

Re: Hey!!! - 10/20/02 04:25 PM

I think he/she is just a Mac user who visits the forums on a regular basis without posting or signing up. Probably had enough of the hate stuff. I loved it. Hope it's a regular visit.<br><br><br>

Re: Hey!!! - 10/20/02 04:31 PM

IMO maybe I am wrong but.<br>I feel with Darrly Holly intervention that maybe it has stemed the constant politicle postings - It seems to me that Darrly has brought in a level head so to speak?<br><br>

Re: Hey!!! - 10/20/02 05:22 PM

Of course if there is a concerted effort to thwart those posts and hijack each and every one of them with humor maybe they will slow down even more.<br><br>

Re: Hey!!! - 10/20/02 07:18 PM

uh huh.<br><br>
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: Here is something stupid - 10/21/02 11:22 AM

This reply is not directed at you, specifically, Swatcat.<br><br>I'm truly disappointed and angered by the offensive position some of my "friends" in these forums have taken towards MCF. I will agree that political posts have, at times, been the prevolent stories. But that hasn't hanged the forums to such an extent that would force people to leave or make negative comments about. We all have the choice to read, respond and/or ignore at will. I only wish everyone would excercize these choices a little more before making it sound like MCF is a bad place.<br><br>my2sense<br><br>

Re: Here is something stupid - 10/21/02 11:42 AM

I personally think MCF is a great place. However, there is a group who have "taken over" who have nothing better to do than spew venom. My politics are very similar to some of the folks there, but I am embarrassed by the way they are propounded. <br><br><br>
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: Here is something stupid - 10/21/02 01:43 PM

The great thing about THIS forum is that we set ground rules from the get-go...NO POLITICS or you get the shoe.<br><br>Um, heel. Whatever.<br><br>'Shoe' sounds so much less menacing than 'heel', doesn't it?<br><br><br>[color:red]Remember- there's no 'i' in 'team', but there IS an 'm' and an 'e'...</font color=red>

Re: Here is something stupid - 10/21/02 03:10 PM

It's the bat, and the purse, and the heel--what a combination!<br><br>Maybe Apple could come up with a combo drive with features like that? <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: iRock

Re: Here is something stupid - 10/21/02 09:40 PM

Forget the purse, introducing Ta da da daaaa....!<br>The designer mace!<br><br><br><br>Cheers, iRock<br>"Even though Mac Users may be only 10% of the market, always remember that we are the TOP 10%"<br>-Douglas Adams
Posted by: Lori

Re: Here is something stupid - 10/21/02 10:54 PM

hey irock, can you make my spikes into jag spikes?<br><br><br><br>

Re: Here is something stupid - 10/22/02 05:30 AM

I didn't put the leopard on that mace I found it. But I can certainly try a jaguar overlay to put on the shoes. Might look neat to just do the heels and straps. I'll see what I can do.<br><br>Cheers, iRock<br>"Even though Mac Users may be only 10% of the market, always remember that we are the TOP 10%"<br>-Douglas Adams

Re: Here is something stupid - 10/22/02 06:38 AM

Hey Lori, see if there is a pair here that fits.<br>http://images.google.com/images?q=leopard++shoes&ie=ISO-8859-1&hl=en<br>I went up to the 3rd page and was still finding neat pairs. You can work your Type-styler magic or let me know if you want me to customize with a MacBabe logo.<br><br>Cheers, iRock<br>"Even though Mac Users may be only 10% of the market, always remember that we are the TOP 10%"<br>-Douglas Adams

Re: Here is something stupid - 10/22/02 07:27 AM

Ouch iRock - that thing looks dangerous!<br><br>Think I need a title for my big heavy book - Life According to the MacBabes, maybe? Or MacBabes Rules of Order? And a Jag spotted cover...<br><br><br><br>

Re: Here is something stupid - 10/22/02 09:18 AM

My favorite line from Monty Python and the Holy Grail?<br><br>[color:red]Run away! Run away!</font color=red><br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Here is something stupid - 10/22/02 12:03 PM

I noticed on that page an interesting jpg.<br>Disarm yourselfs Mac Babes or this could happen<br><br><br>

Re: Here is something stupid - 10/22/02 12:05 PM

Thanks Swat<br>Since it seems I am one who has been hit the most.<br><br>

Re: Here is something stupid - 10/22/02 12:18 PM

It's time to break out the heavy equipment<br>fridges/washers/dryers/bus's <br>We have the technology !<br><br>

Re: Here is something stupid - 10/22/02 05:19 PM

Just noticed this Alec. I don't know that anyone has actually trashed MCF specifically, as much as they've voiced their opinions about the monotonous rantings of a select handful over there. I suppose you could say that in varying degrees some of us are truly disappointed and angered by the offensive position some of our "friends" in that forum have taken towards the US. <br><br>Just my .02. <br><br>

Re: Here is something stupid - 10/22/02 05:29 PM

Yeah, so? We fix appliances too. We just jack 'em up like a car. <br><br>Cheers, iRock<br>"Even though Mac Users may be only 10% of the market, always remember that we are the TOP 10%"<br>-Douglas Adams