Buster, my cat

Posted by: margadagio

Buster, my cat - 10/19/02 04:53 PM

is breathing his last. I expect him to pass away very, very soon. He has been a member of this family for 17 years as of last Oct 4th. He has been by far the most affectionate cat I have ever known. He decided it was his time and gave up eating almost 2 weeks ago. Naturally the whole family is upset but none more so than his adoring owner, Melissa. He was her baby, a gift for her 10th birthday. She is devastated. Here is a pic taken just recently.<br><br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: iRock

Re: Buster, my cat - 10/19/02 05:02 PM

I'm so sorry. I know how hard it is even though I have never had a pet that long. Not easy to lose a family member. You're in my thoughts and prayers, Melly, too. Hope Buster finds peace. <br><br>Cheers, iRock<br>"Even though Mac Users may be only 10% of the market, always remember that we are the TOP 10%"<br>-Douglas Adams
Posted by: Swatcat

Re: Buster, my cat - 10/19/02 05:07 PM

I have lost a few pets cats and dogs.<br>The last one Wiskey a dog14 years old I took him to the vet and had him put to sleep.<br>He was blind could not hold his urine and could barely walk<br>He was the most loving dogs I have ever known<br><br>
Posted by: lesh

Re: Buster, my cat - 10/19/02 05:07 PM

Sad to hear, Marg - that's a good, long life for a kitty...<br><br>

Re: Buster, my cat - 10/19/02 05:12 PM

It's interesting that our other kitty Sammie is upset too. She has been mewing for the last couple of days. She knows. Normally, being young still, she is very playfull and would egg Buster on to chase her. She has sat quietly by his side and laid her head on him.<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: Buster, my cat - 10/19/02 05:17 PM

OMG<br>I am truly sorry Marg.<br><br>

Re: Buster, my cat - 10/19/02 05:25 PM

As your pet gets on in age you always have it in the back of your mind that time is ticking. As much as you prepare yourself for the inevitable it is still difficult. I know you understand this carp.<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: bird

Re: Buster, my cat - 10/19/02 05:33 PM

Oh marge, I am so sorry. Please tell Melissa for me.. It breaks our hearts when it it is there time. They are members of our family's and it is devastating. My heartfelt sympathies. We lost our little dog Madonna 3 weeks ago so I know the sadness in your hearts. For some who don't believe fine, but I know when my time here is over, they too will be where we are going. My beliefs of are the rainbow bridge! Please give Melissa a hug. And again so sorry!<br><br>

Re: Buster, my cat - 10/19/02 05:36 PM

Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts. It would be nice to think there is a kitty heaven.<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: Buster, my cat - 10/19/02 05:43 PM

Most certainly I have lost family members and cats are a family member.<br>It is very diffecult to watch them die and not be able to help save them but all you can do is to hold them as they slip away from old age.<br><br>When Buster gets hot and sweaty and his fur looks wet - don't pet him -don't pick him up -- just please tell him "how much you loved him" and let him crawl to where he wants to pass.<br><br>I have lost to much and death is always still hard for me to express.<br>Sorry for a loss of words. I can give only tears.<br><br>

Re: Buster, my cat - 10/19/02 05:53 PM

thank you<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Buster, my cat - 10/19/02 06:03 PM

Very sorry, Marg. I've lost pets that old, and it's both heartwrenching and a blessing. The last pet we lost was my first cat, whom I'd had for 23 years. We had to have her put to sleep at the vet's. She looked at lot like the cat who's now my avatar, so even 6 years later, I still call this cat by the old one's name.<br><br>Hope Melissa gets through it ok.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: sross

Re: Buster, my cat - 10/19/02 06:35 PM

I am very sad for you and know exactly how you feel. It is so hard to lose a friend who gives such unqualified love. My thoughts are with you and Buster.<br><br>
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: Buster, my cat - 10/19/02 07:16 PM

Sorry to hear, Marg.<br><br>
Posted by: iraszl

Re: Buster, my cat - 10/19/02 11:24 PM

Sorry to hear.<br><br>http://raszl.net
Posted by: Krasni

Re: Buster, my cat - 10/20/02 03:00 AM

I'm so sorry. I've never lost a pet because Osvaldo is my first one but I can understand what you're feeling. My thoughts are with you, Buster and Melissa.<br><br>
Posted by: steveg

Re: Buster, my cat - 10/20/02 07:53 AM

Feeling your pain for sure, marg. We had Cocoa for 17 years.<br><br>Losing him was so hard. After a while, when we felt ready to fill the void he left, we got Fluffy, <br><br>and lost him at only 15 months old and only a year and a week after Cocoa to a severe heart condition and then kidney failure.<br><br>I know only too well how you feel.<br><br>