What is it your time?

Posted by: lesh

What is it your time? - 10/17/02 08:09 PM

I wanted to find a small clock app that would let me see what time it was where some of the other forum folks are (without troubling my brain to make the calculation) - and out of the 3 or 4 I found was one I liked. It can sit in the dock or put a small palette on the desktop with the cities of my choice showing. It's called World Clock and it's shareware available here:<br><br>http://www.mabasoft.com/worldclock_x.html<br><br>It's an OSX version but there is also an older version available for OS9.<br><br>
Posted by: Lori

Re: What is it your time? - 10/17/02 08:46 PM

thanks lesh...I will go check it out.<br>Now we have to find out the cities or the time zones of the forum members.<br><br><br>
Posted by: iRock

Re: What is it your time? - 10/17/02 09:14 PM

I would like to know because I am so far on the end that if I stay up late enough some of you are getting up in the morning. I am in the same time zone as Seattle, WA, Portland, OR & Cupertino CA.<br><br>Cheers, iRock<br>"Even though Mac Users may be only 10% of the market, always remember that we are the TOP 10%"<br>-Douglas Adams
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: What is it your time? - 10/17/02 09:21 PM

Thanks for the link, lesh. I always get confused with the far western Pacific--Australia, NZ, Japan, and so on. I can never tell what day it is over there <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: carp

Re: What is it your time? - 10/17/02 09:38 PM

I am in the middle of (NO Where)<br>I have my own time zone. So Eat that. <br><br>

Re: What is it your time? - 10/17/02 09:41 PM

Did I ever tell you that you put the you in younique!?<br><br>Cheers, iRock<br>"Even though Mac Users may be only 10% of the market, always remember that we are the TOP 10%"<br>-Douglas Adams
Posted by: carp

Re: What is it your time? - 10/17/02 10:00 PM

LOL<br>You are a Doll<br><br>No but many have said those similare remarks to me before here.<br>I am certainly not eloquint in person on these boards - but in verbal person I am.<br><br>I just don't have a spell checker and I get kinda tired having to check all the time using other means - so it goes in as what I typed.<br><br>

Re: What is it your time? - 10/17/02 10:41 PM

I meant your time zone but since you brought it up you type reel purty. At work we get the biggest laughs out of our typos. Of course they have to be corrected before they print. One lady years ago put Bob's Boob Barn for a shoe store. Our paper printed a story about home repair and the newsroom made up a headline. "Ways To Varnish Your Dick". It got onto ilovebacon.com.<br>Always enjoy your posts.<br><br>Cheers, iRock<br>"Even though Mac Users may be only 10% of the market, always remember that we are the TOP 10%"<br>-Douglas Adams
Posted by: Krasni

Re: What is it your time? - 10/18/02 12:05 AM

Very useful, thanks.<br><br>

Re: What is it your time? - 10/18/02 05:47 AM

Our paper printed a story about home repair and the newsroom made up a headline.<br> Boy was I tired, they created the headline and misspelled it, I meant. It was on decks. They also printed a little AP story and for the headline it said "Suicide Bomber Blows Himself".<br><br>Cheers, iRock<br>"Even though Mac Users may be only 10% of the market, always remember that we are the TOP 10%"<br>-Douglas Adams

Re: What is it your time? - 10/18/02 07:01 AM

Those are some true classics there iRock!<br><br>Hey - are you near Wenatchee?<br><br>

Re: What is it your time? - 10/18/02 07:21 AM

Other side of the state, I am in the western part and they are considered the east side of the state.<br><br>Cheers, iRock<br>"Even though Mac Users may be only 10% of the market, always remember that we are the TOP 10%"<br>-Douglas Adams

Re: What is it your time? - 10/18/02 09:05 AM

I stayed in Cashmere for a few weeks during my Western adventure - I always remember the catchline for the Wenatchee World newspaper - The Apple Capitol of the World and the Buckle of the Power Belt of the Great Northwest. Quite a mouthful.<br><br>