Who uses what email client?

Posted by: yoyo52

Who uses what email client? - 10/17/02 07:46 PM

The subject says it all. Thanks to steveg for making me think of it.<br><br> <br><br><br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: Lori

Re: Who uses what email client? - 10/17/02 08:31 PM

I use Eudora even though it doesn't have a pretty interface. I tried all the other email clients, and Eudora suits my needs the best.<br><br><br>
Posted by: Biggerfoot

Re: Who uses what email client? - 10/17/02 08:35 PM

Entourage...great for me and the calendar, notes and tasks are get to sync with my Palm.<br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Who uses what email client? - 10/17/02 09:24 PM

I usually use Entourage too, but every now and then try to go back to Mail.app just cause it's not MS. Entourage is so nice, though, that I end up going back to it. Eudora I haven't used since I went into X full-time.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: carp

Re: Who uses what email client? - 10/17/02 09:47 PM

Other;<br>I used Eudora pro 4.0 on my older Mac.<br>Eudora dropped the football so to speak - The Collage did not keep up with the Macs.<br>I now use Yahoo-mainly because I can access it from any computer without a hassel - Yahoo is pretty Spartain<br><br>
Posted by: Entish

Re: I never depress poll buttons - 10/17/02 10:37 PM

But I do use Eudora .. used it for years and years would never ever want anything better.. because there just isn't anything better.<br><br>
Posted by: steveg

Re: Who uses what email client? - 10/18/02 03:27 AM

I'm waiting to see if iCal and Mail mature over the next few updates. But for now, Entourage has the features I need on a day to day basis.<br><br>
Posted by: sean

Re: Who uses what email client? - 10/18/02 05:54 AM

DOH! i wasn't paying attention and voted for entourage and i actually switched to mail.app about 2 weeks ago. sorry. add 1 vote to mail and remove one from entourage.<br><br>i actually like entourage better (and it handles attachments MUCH better when sending to students -- i don't have to strip the resource fork first). i like the calendar being built into the application. hmmm. why did i switch? actually, i don't like that my signature is placed at the bottom using mail.app -- i want it above the forwarded text but at the bottom of my part of the message. i also don't like the forwarded symbols -- i like the > instead. why did i switch? as my little 2 year old daughter would say, "because." <br><br>[color:blue] -sean</font color=blue>
Posted by: gshocked

Re: Who uses what email client? - 10/18/02 06:12 AM

I use the Jaguar Mail app. @ home, and Entourage @ work! The new mail app is very good! I like it much better than the original!<br><br>
Posted by: lesh

Re: Who uses what email client? - 10/18/02 07:06 AM

Entourage here, too. Outlook 2001 at work. Same opinions about the attachments as Sean. Haven't tried the mail app yet.<br><br>
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: Who uses what email client? - 10/18/02 07:34 AM

Mail.app seems to do the trick for me too- I like having everything integrated (address book, iChat, iCal, etc.), and I didn't really use all the advanced features of Entourage enough to warrant keeping it.<br><br>Besides, switching back from Mail seems to be an easier proposition if I ever want to do that someday...<br><br>[color:orange]Hey! Wait a 'minute'....</font color=orange>
Posted by: hayesk

Re: Who uses what email client? - 10/18/02 10:10 AM

Anyone else miss Claris Emailer?<br><br>I wish someone would carbonize it. Alas, it's locked in an Apple vault somewhere. :(<br><br><br>
Posted by: Mcteak

Re: Who uses what email client? - 10/18/02 10:30 AM

At home I use Mail.app at work I use Entourage. Happy with both. Would like to know if the Mail.app in Jag is really that much better than in 10.5?<br><br>Too Easy!
Posted by: hayesk

Re: Who uses what email client? - 10/18/02 10:40 AM

The only difference is the junk mail filter, which works pretty well, and now it groups all your deleted folders and inboxes from your various accounts together hierarchically.<br><br>It's not bad because you can look at each inbox separately, or all together in one list.<br><br>