Ah the Wonder of it all !

Posted by: sross

Ah the Wonder of it all ! - 10/17/02 05:53 PM

I just watched the space station go over our city. It was followed by the shuttle. It is going east and is probably over the atlantic as I am posting this. <br>Sometimes, the things that create awe can instill a reassessment of priorities. In this case, I am so glad to be alive to see it.<br><br>
Posted by: steveg

Re: Ah the Wonder of it all ! - 10/17/02 05:58 PM

Just as long as neither one fell on your head.<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Ah the Wonder of it all ! - 10/17/02 05:59 PM

It was just a weather balloon you big goof!!! Here you are making a monkey's butt out of yourself talkin about UFOs and Space Stations... LOL! <br><br>

Re: Ah the Wonder of it all ! - 10/17/02 05:59 PM

I did feel a little "moisture" <br><br>
Posted by: Biggerfoot

Re: Ah the Wonder of it all ! - 10/17/02 06:00 PM

How much were you able to see? With the naked eye? I have yet to see it.<br><br>I did see the shuttle fly over on the 747 before though...wow.<br><br>

Re: Ah the Wonder of it all ! - 10/17/02 06:02 PM

NO.....dammit.<br>They announced it on the news and we went out. <br>Besides that, the spaceships only visit me on the weekends. <br>This was the real deal. We even waved to them.<br><br>

Re: Ah the Wonder of it all ! - 10/17/02 06:05 PM

It was the same size as a star but much brighter and moved very fast. I was surprised how fast it was. From spotting to disappearing it took maybe 5 minutes.<br>The shuttle was hard to see.<br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by sross on 10/17/02 09:05 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>
Posted by: margadagio

Re: Ah the Wonder of it all ! - 10/17/02 06:06 PM

I'm still so facinated by all that space stuff. I'd love to go up to the space station. If I were still young I would wanna go for it. <br>I love travelling. <br><br><br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: Ah the Wonder of it all ! - 10/17/02 06:07 PM

You know it was a made up movie and its all faked by NASA. <br><br>
Posted by: Mactico

Re: Ah the Wonder of it all ! - 10/17/02 06:09 PM

With the Russian space program it only cost $20 million to got to the space, age is not a factor.<br><br>
Posted by: steveg

Re: Ah the Wonder of it all ! - 10/17/02 06:11 PM

A little "Martian Mist", eh? <br><br>
Posted by: Biggerfoot

Re: Ah the Wonder of it all ! - 10/17/02 06:13 PM

The Daily Show interviewed the guy that Buzz punched for claiming it was all faked....it was funny...the guy thought it was a serious interview.<br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Ah the Wonder of it all ! - 10/17/02 07:39 PM

You mean Buzz Lightyear? I thought that was only in pictures <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: iRock

Re: Ah the Wonder of it all ! - 10/17/02 09:26 PM

To infinity and beyond!...<br><br>Cheers, iRock<br>"Even though Mac Users may be only 10% of the market, always remember that we are the TOP 10%"<br>-Douglas Adams
Posted by: polymerase

Re: Ah the Wonder of it all ! - 10/18/02 10:05 AM

You can go to http://www.heavens-above.com/ and start an account with your longitude and latitude. Then you can get a printout of when the next time the ISS or shuttle will be visible.<br><br>The coolest part of that web site is being able to see an Irridium flare. this is the relfected sunlight off the polished antennea of the Irridium telephone satellites. You should be able to see a magnitude minus 8 within a couple of weeks. Well worth checking out. They may tell you to drive a couple of miles to get to brightest flare. I dragged my whole family 6 miles west for one. They thought Dad had lost his mind again. But even my six year old thought it was pretty cool. It is easier to do if you have a GPS unit.<br><br>