What the hell is this crap?

Posted by: zwei

What the hell is this crap? - 07/10/04 08:39 AM

Linkage<br><br>I've posted the text copy below so you don't have to go to the site if you don't want to give them any more hits. (The only reason I posted the link at all is because it's so freakin' stupid/outlandish that you probably wouldn't believe me!) ...CNET can braid my butt-hair for all i care anymore! <br><br>Apple has its worms, too. Why not switch? <br>The conventional wisdom is that most people use PCs because they have to, and Macs are the easier, safer, and more reliable option. But if you're a Mac user, you already know about their persistent fulfillment problems, the $129 price tag for all OS X updates, and gradually increasing security concerns. The latest? Apple's planning to release a new iMac, but it won't be available until September--well after Apple stores run out of the current model. Maybe it's actually time to think about switching to a PC. Consider these alternatives.<br><br>*shows a list of PCs with ratings below*<br><br><br>
Posted by: iRock

Re: What the hell is this crap? - 07/10/04 08:57 AM

What do you expect from a guy that looks like this?<br><br><br><br>

Re: What the hell is this crap? - 07/10/04 09:04 AM

I think you found bigfoot! <br><br>
Posted by: hayesk

Re: What the hell is this crap? - 07/10/04 10:41 AM

Hmm interesting he posts this because the iMac is not available. Two of the recommended machines say "email me when available" and all of the machines have some specs that say "info unavailable."<br><br>

Re: What the hell is this crap? - 07/10/04 12:10 PM

that's a good catch ...missed that one! <br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: What the hell is this crap? - 07/10/04 11:34 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>, the $129 price tag for all OS X updates<p><hr></blockquote><p>Yes, the MAJOR updates are $129... so what is Windows Longhorn going to be free? Was Windows 200, 98 or 95 free?<br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>and gradually increasing security concerns. <p><hr></blockquote><p>The only people concerned seem to be PC analysts... because to my knowledge there has yet to be one single Mac hacked in the commercial arena. There hasn't been a single Mac virus in years.<br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Apple's planning to release a new iMac, but it won't be available until September<p><hr></blockquote><p>Uh, yeah, and the problem here is what? So they have two months of time to clear out all remaining inventory (and there is plenty to go around, all the major catalogs and stores have them in stock.)<br><br>It's like I always say, when there's a slow news day you simply have to write something negative about the Mac to get an audience.<br><br>I'm MacGizmo,[color:red] and I approved this message.</font color=red>