Thread Order?

Posted by: zwei

Thread Order? - 07/08/04 11:34 AM

Is there a way to make the thread order static? As in newest threads at the top, not "threads that have just been replied to" at the top? Whenever I see that a forum has new threads I want to be able to find them without having to skim through all the crap that has floated back up. (In other words ...like MacCentral's forum structure)<br><br>
Posted by: Bryan

Re: Thread Order? - 07/08/04 11:36 AM

No, this is just the way it is over here. <br><br>When I came from MCF, I hated the way it was here, but I got used to it. <br><br>

Re: Thread Order? - 07/08/04 11:54 AM

yeah, that's kinda what I figured ....poo <br><br>
Posted by: MattMac112

Re: Thread Order? - 07/08/04 12:42 PM

You get used to it .. You really do.<br><br>****************<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Thread Order? - 07/08/04 01:13 PM

The upside is that a good thread that keeps people interested stays on top, rather than fade away to 2nd and 3rd pages never to be seen again.<br><br><br><br>I'm MacGizmo,[color:red] and I approved this message.</font color=red>
Posted by: Trog

Re: Thread Order? - 07/08/04 01:14 PM

Exactly. You wouldn't want to lose track of a Lurkers thread. <br><br><br>
Posted by: Michael

Re: Thread Order? - 07/08/04 01:22 PM

I prefer MM's way over MC's way. Too many posts get lost at MC when someone starts making multiple spam (usually some Bush bash ) posts.<br><br> What's your candidate doing?

Re: Thread Order? - 07/08/04 01:25 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>The upside is that a good thread that keeps people interested stays on top, rather than fade away to 2nd and 3rd pages never to be seen again.<p><hr></blockquote><p>yup, but then again, threads that often get the most attention (i.e. political posts) are boring as hell to me and remain bobbing around like unflushable turds they are ...thank goodness MC doesn't use this format! <br><br>
Posted by: LoveTheBomb

Re: Thread Order? - 07/08/04 01:35 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>yup, but then again, threads that often get the most attention (i.e. political posts) are boring as hell to me and remain bobbing around like unflushable turds they are <p><hr></blockquote><p>Haha, that's the funniest thing I've heard in a long time<br><br>-Matt<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Thread Order? - 07/08/04 02:02 PM

Thankfully, we don't get too heavy into politics over here, and it's nowhere near as nasty as it gets at MC when we do. In fact, it wasn't until recently that you saw any political threads here at all.<br><br>I'm MacGizmo,[color:red] and I approved this message.</font color=red>
Posted by: iraszl

Re: Thread Order? - 07/09/04 12:43 AM

i prefer this to the MC way too<br><br>