Apple pulls out of MacWorld?

Posted by: Carrington

Apple pulls out of MacWorld? - 10/17/02 08:48 AM

Well, this came as a bit of a surprise to me. Anybody see the Apple withdrawl from MacWorld coming? <br><br>I wonder if IDG had been given a heads-up by Steve that he'd pull out support if they moved back to Boston, and they did it anyway. I wonder as well if that means there'll be no more keynotes by Steve at the East coast MacWorld starting in 2004.<br><br>__________<br>Movie Punks online comic<br>www.moviepunks.com
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Apple pulls out of MacWorld? - 10/17/02 09:17 AM

Wow... that is huge!!! The Summer MacWorld will litteraly be out of business in one year without Apple. All the other companies will follow suit and spend all their money on the SF MW and get bigger/better booths. That's sad, but in a way, maybe it's good. It will open up opportunity for another expo somewhere else... possibly Las Vegas where there is plenty of hotel rooms, plenty to do, and plenty of cheap ways to get there and stay.<br><br>
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: Apple pulls out of MacWorld? - 10/17/02 10:02 AM

If Apple isn't at the NY Expo, I'll pull out my own tonsils!<br><br>SCAM!<br><br>

Re: Apple pulls out of MacWorld? - 10/17/02 10:21 AM

Hey, I'll split the cost of a room in SF for that MacWorld with you... it will make up the difference in cost for the plane ticket. <br><br>
Posted by: Mcteak

Re: Apple pulls out of MacWorld? - 10/17/02 10:27 AM

So...it sounds to me that MacWorld is something you don't miss. Would you recommend attending the one in NY as maybe a once in a liftime experience for an old country boy from North Carolina?<br><br>Too Easy!

Re: Apple pulls out of MacWorld? - 10/17/02 10:48 AM

I've never been to a MacWorld Expo. However I have lots of friends who have and they all say it's a great time!<br><br>The San Fransisco show is the more popular one because more companies *usually* attend that one since it is so close to Silicon Valley as opposed to all the way across the country in NY or Boston.<br><br>SF or NY would be a great place to attend, but Apple won't be in Boston anymore, and probably not NY either... so those shows aren't worth attending in my opinion. What's the point of MacWorld without the Macs???<br><br>
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: Apple pulls out of MacWorld? - 10/17/02 10:53 AM

This whole issue of Apple pulling out is likely only a game of politics. If Apple doesn't show, there IS no show.<br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Apple pulls out of MacWorld? - 10/17/02 02:09 PM

I've been to the last two MWNYs and it's been a blast both times. Without Apple there, though, there is no show.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: morserj

Re: Apple pulls out of MacWorld? - 10/17/02 09:38 PM

I like IDG's latest attempt to act like this isn't bothering them:<br><HR><br>"We would love to have Apple participate in those events as they have for 18 straight years, but if for reasons unknown to us they decide not to come, we will go with 250 exhibitors instead of 251 exhibitors."<br>http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/0210/17.macworldexpo.php<br><HR><br>Yeah Right! Without Apple, MacWorld expo is dead. This is just a PR war right now.<br><br>Ryan