Of course now that we know about

Posted by: Anonymous

Of course now that we know about - 10/17/02 04:44 AM

Of course now that we know about North Korea actually having a nuclear weapons program, maybe we should refocus and attack them instead? Sounds like a real threat to me. Oh wait, no oil there. Never mind.<br><br>
Posted by: hayesk

Re: Of course now that we know about - 10/17/02 05:43 AM

LOL! No kidding. Not to mention they may end up destroying their auto manufacturing facilities in the process.<br><br>
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: Of course now that we know about - 10/17/02 06:50 AM

U.S.A. versus The Rest of The World - scary crap, huh? Doomsday scenario.<br><br>
Posted by: Biggerfoot

Re: Of course now that we know about - 10/17/02 07:03 AM

North Korea can not impact the world economy as Iraq can.<br><br>
Posted by: iraszl

Re: Of course now that we know about - 10/17/02 07:45 AM

yeah, right!<br><br>http://raszl.net
Posted by: Mcteak

Re: Of course now that we know about - 10/17/02 07:56 AM

Makes you think. Just how do both countries impact our economy and what is more important in the long run, our security as a nation, or the economic benefits derived from them?<br><br>Too Easy!
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: Of course now that we know about - 10/17/02 08:01 AM

Is this a political thread?<br><br>I think it is, and I think if you see Marg coming you'd better duck.<br><br><br><br>[color:orange]Hey! Wait a 'minute'....</font color=orange>

Re: Of course now that we know about - 10/17/02 08:01 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Too Easy!<p><hr></blockquote><p>$N$O$ $K$I$D$D$I$N$G$ <br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Of course now that we know about - 10/17/02 08:06 AM

I wonder how much difference there is between national security and economic benefits. I suspect not a whole lot, really. North Korea would become a national security threat the moment it began to bully Japan, say, because N. Korea has nukes and Japan does not.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Of course now that we know about - 10/17/02 08:06 AM

I'am sorry, the creative side of my brain has never developed and your reply took me awhile to understand, but now I think $I$ $Get$ $it$! <br><br>Too Easy!

Re: Of course now that we know about - 10/17/02 08:09 AM

Bottom Line: Both issues are tied hand-in-hand. Reflect back to 9/11 and our current state of economic affairs.<br><br>Too Easy!
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Of course now that we know about - 10/17/02 08:12 AM

That's always been the case, don't you think? How can any nation distinguish between national and economic welfare? They're the same thing, I think.<br><br>That doesn't mean that we couldn't finesse dependency on oil, for instance, by developing new technologies. That's where you run into the harder thing to talk about, which takes us from "foreign policy" to "politics" (and the threat of Marg's bat): in whose interest is it not to become relatively less dependent on oil?<br><br>I promise that's as political as I'll get, Marg <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: Biggerfoot

Re: Of course now that we know about - 10/17/02 08:18 AM

Your're right Daddy...a bat, book, or set of heels might be coming!<br><br>

Re: Of course now that we know about - 10/17/02 08:52 AM

I am new to this...if we keep this up will I need to purchase a helmet and body armor?<br><br>Too Easy!

Re: Of course now that we know about - 10/17/02 08:55 AM

At LEAST a metal umbrella! <br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Of course now that we know about - 10/17/02 08:56 AM

And people wonder why I have no desire to leave the continental US. (No offense to my Canadian friends... you're part of the U.S. anyways... )<br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Of course now that we know about - 10/17/02 03:14 PM

N/M<br>I was gonna reply, but changed my mind. <br><br>
Posted by: margadagio

Re: Of course now that we know about - 10/17/02 03:27 PM

Don't worry, I'm watching here. <br><br><br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Of course now that we know about - 10/17/02 04:46 PM

Do you chew tobacco or sunflower seeds when you swing that bat around? <br><br>

Re: Of course now that we know about - 10/17/02 05:25 PM

Is it safe to come back in and play?<br><br>Too Easy!