Mozilla 1.2b is out -- Rejoice ye!

Posted by: Anonymous

Mozilla 1.2b is out -- Rejoice ye! - 10/17/02 04:06 AM

From the release notes at VersionTracker:<br><br>You can launch the browser with a bookmark group as your start page. This loads several pages into tabs at startup.<br><br>Yay!<br><br>Java implementation has also been fixed according to the release notes. It is also supposed to be faster. Cool all around.<br><br>I am off to download it now. Have fun!<br><br>EDIT: EDIT: OK, you can launch a group of tabs now as your start page. Make sure you have your chosen group of tabs open already, then go to Mozilla prefs and choose USE CURRENT GROUP. Cool!<br><br>Themes not updated yet of course for this newest release, so you will have to live with it for the time being. Scrolling is a bit weird too, but it is usable.<br><br><br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by mikeb_X on 10/17/02 07:36 AM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>
Posted by: Mactico

Re: Mozilla 1.2b is out -- Rejoice ye! - 10/17/02 05:43 AM

What about the multiple tabs problem from previous version?<br><br>
Posted by: sean

Re: Mozilla 1.2b is out -- Rejoice ye! - 10/17/02 06:18 AM

not fixed. dang!<br><br>[color:blue] -sean</font color=blue>

Re: Mozilla 1.2b is out -- Rejoice ye! - 10/17/02 06:37 AM

I don't know about that, haven't had time to try that. But, apparently Sean has found that it is still a problem and has not been fixed. Oh well, it will come in time I guess.<br><br>

Re: Mozilla 1.2b is out -- Rejoice ye! - 10/17/02 06:40 AM

Yeah, but at least now we can launch a set of tabs as the start page. That is pretty cool. The scrolling is a bit weird if you use the arrows, but other than that I like it! Of course that being said, I do happen to be a total Mozilla nut.<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Mozilla 1.2b is out -- Rejoice ye! - 10/17/02 09:03 AM

Thanks... I'll give it a shot. I've all but given up on OmniWeb... I'm so dissapointed in them, they started out so good, but haven't fixed the major problems it's had since the very beginning. I could live with small issues, but not being able to work with javascript properly is a deal-breaker.<br><br>I've been using Netscape 7 and have been very happy with the speed & stability.<br><br>Moz may take it's place once again if it is stable and speedy on my system.<br><br>I kind of miss all the "Browser" discussions we used to have. Seems like they just don't update them enough anymore. Remember when we had a new OmniWeb SneakyPeek almost every other day...<br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Mozilla 1.2b is out -- Rejoice ye! - 10/17/02 03:18 PM

I still prefer Chimera...and get the nightly build every day <br><br>

Re: Mozilla 1.2b is out -- Rejoice ye! - 10/17/02 04:44 PM

After giving it a shot... yaaaaawwwwnnn!<br><br>Loading tabs at startup is nice though, but for me, it takes forever for the splash screen to appear, and it's no faster than N7 on my dual ghz.<br><br>
Posted by: steveg

Re: Mozilla 1.2b is out -- Rejoice ye! - 10/17/02 04:52 PM

Call me kwazy but I've all but abandoned OW and Moz and gone back to IE. Totally stable, launches and loads much faster than the othet two, and still handles all the sites the others still stumble over.<br><br>

Re: Mozilla 1.2b is out -- Rejoice ye! - 10/17/02 04:58 PM

You're just feeling Nostalgic! <br><br>

Re: Mozilla 1.2b is out -- Rejoice ye! - 10/17/02 05:02 PM

More like I'm feeling like I gotta stick with a browser that doesn't choke on stock photo and bank sites. <br><br>

Re: Mozilla 1.2b is out -- Rejoice ye! - 10/17/02 05:04 PM

I can't speak for bank sites, but I haven't had any problems with stock photo sites with Netscape 7 yet. I've been to Gettyone.com, Photospin, Corbis, Eyewire and a few others so far. Sometimes they don't read the cookie file properly and I have to log-in again, but the site itself works.<br><br>

Re: Mozilla 1.2b is out -- Rejoice ye! - 10/17/02 05:14 PM

No happiness here. OW goes belly-up on most of the Getty sites, and Moz takes forever to load and leaves me w/a huge blank space up top that forces me to scroll down to see the thumbnails. IE handle's 'em all like a champ. <br><br>

Re: Mozilla 1.2b is out -- Rejoice ye! - 10/17/02 05:34 PM

yeah... OW can't do "sheet" with javascript which those sites use extensively.<br><br>

Re: Mozilla 1.2b is out -- Rejoice ye! - 10/18/02 05:06 AM

I went back to Mozilla 1.1 after all. The scrolling bug in 1.2b got on my nerves. Ah well, it is after all a beta release. Using Chimera right now. <br><br>