Where's StuffIt update?

Posted by: yoyo52

Where's StuffIt update? - 10/16/02 07:18 PM

The MM front page says that you can get the stuffit update via software update, but nothing shows when I run the update pane. Has anyone gotten it?<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Where's StuffIt update? - 10/16/02 07:35 PM

I think they mean the Stuffit auto update feature found inside the StuffIt Application, not the OSX System Update prefs pane.<br><br>

Re: Where's StuffIt update? - 10/16/02 07:59 PM

Tried that too, but nothing doing there either.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: Mactico

Re: Where's StuffIt update? - 10/17/02 05:41 AM

In my Pismo SU find the Stuffit Security Update, but SU can't find it in my iMac. <br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Where's StuffIt update? - 10/17/02 05:43 AM

I downloaded it but didn't see it on the desktop. I think it just went ahead and upgraded itself. I don't see any performance difference.<br><br><br>
Posted by: Biggerfoot

Re: Where's StuffIt update? - 10/17/02 06:34 AM

I think it is for people with 6.5 and below. I have 7 Deluxe and it does not show. I think it may have something to do with the security issues on the older versions.<br><br>

Re: Where's StuffIt update? - 10/17/02 08:09 AM

Thanks, Biggerfoot--I wish they'd said it wasn't for 7!<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Where's StuffIt update? - 10/17/02 08:11 AM

I have the 7.0 and was downloaded two days ago using SU with my Pismo. Maybe is no more available.<br><br>

Re: Where's StuffIt update? - 10/17/02 08:13 AM

Now I'm totally confused, which isn't all that unusual, really <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Where's StuffIt update? - 10/17/02 08:16 AM

Do you have Deluxe? I read elsehere that is what may be the reason....that is was just for the expander <br><br>

Re: Where's StuffIt update? - 10/17/02 08:20 AM

I've got Deluxe, so maybe that's it.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Where's StuffIt update? - 10/17/02 09:12 AM

yeah, me too. Maybe it's not an issue with deluxe. Allthough I still use expander... hmmmm. Why don't they just release a patch for everything in one updater??? This new version of StuffIt has been a real PITA for a lot of people. It used to be that you could count on them for working perfectly every time.<br><br>

Re: Where's StuffIt update? - 10/17/02 09:28 AM

I have Suffit Standard 7.0, the free version.<br><br>

Re: Where's StuffIt update? - 10/17/02 02:24 PM

It's been working ok for me. And it is much much faster than 6.5<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Where's StuffIt update? - 10/17/02 04:38 PM

It works for me too, for the most part. I haven't had any of the problems mentioned by everyone at macfixit and macintouch. But for some reason, if I have the Magic Menu actually in the menu bar, whenever I hit cmnd+S in ANY application, it starts to stuff the file. That should only happen when I'm in the finder. Odd.<br><br>

Re: Where's StuffIt update? - 10/17/02 05:37 PM

I also have not had any problems with Deluxe 7.0. The only issue I had is that it reset many of my preferences back to default. Odd.<br><br>