Funny article

Posted by: carp

Funny article - 10/16/02 12:05 PM

What's cool in wines<br><br>I like my wine to be white lite semi dry over ice, with a nice Italian dinner.<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Funny article - 10/16/02 12:09 PM

I prefer red, dry and very slightly chilled. However, I also enjoy white wines for casual sipping and with chicken or fish meals... just seems to go better than red.<br><br>
Posted by: margadagio

Re: Funny article - 10/16/02 12:14 PM

I'm not a wine drinker but a glass of merlot goes nicely with a big slab of prime rib.<br><br><br><br>

Re: Funny article - 10/16/02 12:16 PM

Indeed... any red meat almost screams for a glass of wine. My wife and I try to keep at least 3 bottles on hand at all times.<br><br>

Re: Funny article - 10/16/02 12:29 PM

Personaly I don't care for any red wine even with meat, I would order a pink or blush wine instead in that case.<br><br>I tend to order Vintage French whites or California Blush/Pink wine. After dinner I order a glass of Remmy Martin Cognac.<br><br>Now for Japanese food wine is a no go - I order Asahi Beer.<br><br>

Re: Funny article - 10/16/02 12:31 PM

My wife loves any blush/roset wines... I do to, but I tend to drink them like soda, and I end up drunk in 15 minutes, so I try to avoid them. <br><br>
Posted by: MacGuru

Re: Funny article - 10/16/02 02:13 PM

Gah, you drink red chilled? Red should never be drunk chilled unless it is a very light red wine, it should be drunk at room temperature. You are right about drinking white with fish although chicken can go with both depending on the wine.<br><br>Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.<br>-- Immanuel Kant, "Critique of Pure Reason

Red Wine - 10/16/02 02:17 PM

I said "very slightly," as in not warm, but about room temperature... I don't put it in the fridge or anything! Roset, blush, whites... those I prefer cold...<br><br>
Posted by: MacGuru

Re: Red Wine - 10/16/02 02:20 PM

Sorry I missunderstood, rosť and white should be drunk cold...<br><br>Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.<br>-- Immanuel Kant, "Critique of Pure Reason
Posted by: lesh

Re: Funny article - 10/16/02 03:09 PM

That was a good article Carp, thanks.<br><br>My current favorites are a very slightly chilled Pinot Noir, and in the white category - Viogner.<br><br>Sometimes I just like to be adventurous and buy wines based on the label art.<br><br>

Re: Funny article - 10/16/02 03:52 PM

LOL.... I do that too sometimes. I bought a bottle of some wretched uber-stank stuff just cause it had a picture of Marilyn Monroe on the label... it said it was Italian wine, so I figured "how bad could it be?" but it was the nastiest stuff I've had in years!!!<br><br>

Re: Funny article - 10/16/02 04:44 PM

Nastiest wine I ever had was way back in my youth. It was called Gimley Goose. It had a cute pic of a goose wearing rubber boots on the label. I think all that bottle contained was liquid sugar and alcohol. A bunch of us drank that plonk and had the worst hangover the next day.<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Swatcat

Re: Funny article - 10/16/02 04:46 PM

Im a milk drinker,never get a hangover<br><br>

Re: Funny article - 10/16/02 04:48 PM

I was a milk drinker for a long time after that episode. <br><br><br><br>

Re: Funny article - 10/16/02 07:11 PM

LOL<br>The worst IMO is.<br>Key Largo<br>Boons Farm StrawBerry Hill<br>Spinarda <-spelling??<br>and<br>and<br>Akadama Plum???? Sure is a heavy hitter the next day, in fact I believe it was Banned from the US.<br><br>The only lables I saved was from produce wooden shipping crates.<br><br>