Check my website

Posted by: MacGizmo

Check my website - 10/16/02 11:33 AM

I'm in the middle of switching my website over to a new host, and I'm having a bear of a time. I can view it just fine, but others can't seem to see it.<br><br>If you wouldn't mind, please click these two pages and tell me if you get anything to show up.<br><br>Main Page<br><br>List Page<br><br>Let me know if one or both of these work/don't work.<br><br>Thanks in advance for your help!<br><br>
Posted by: Biggerfoot

Re: Check my website - 10/16/02 11:36 AM

Both working fine here.<br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: Check my website - 10/16/02 11:36 AM

Both not available<br>or<br>You have out done yourself on creativity.<br><br>
Posted by: lesh

Re: Check my website - 10/16/02 11:37 AM

Both temporarily disabled here, too.<br><br>
Posted by: Mcteak

Re: Check my website - 10/16/02 11:39 AM

Both were unavailable.<br><br>
Posted by: margadagio

Re: Check my website - 10/16/02 11:43 AM

temp disabled<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: sean

Re: Check my website - 10/16/02 11:47 AM

both:<br><br><br>[color:blue] -sean</font color=blue>

Re: Check my website - 10/16/02 11:49 AM

So the answer to your trick question is (yes)<br><br>

Re: Check my website - 10/16/02 11:54 AM

Still working for me.<br><br>

Re: Check my website - 10/16/02 11:59 AM

Where are you located BiggerFoot?<br><br>I can view my site just fine from here in Phoenix using Cox Cable. However, I have clients in Las Vegas who cannot view the site at all, and apparently they are not alone.<br><br>I would assume that this means that my new DNS info has not propogated to all the internet servers yet, which explains why some folks can see it and some can't. I just switched everything over yesterday. So the folks that get that "temp down" message are still being forwarded to the valueweb servers, and you and I alone seem to be forwarded to my new host at iPowerWeb.com.<br><br>Tell me if you can get into this chat room I have set up (if you wouldn't mind):<br>http://www.jdempsey.com/chat.html<br><br>

Re: Check my website - 10/16/02 12:01 PM

Yes, i can get into your chat room...here is the first line:<br>"The chat room you are about to enter is Java-Based.<br>Some browsers may or may not work with Java."<br><br>I am in SW Michigan on Charter Cable.<br><br>Your pages load quickly and I hit refresh several times.<br><br><br>

Re: Check my website - 10/16/02 12:02 PM

There really is something there Carp... I promise! <br><br>
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: Check my website - 10/16/02 12:02 PM

Everything works great here! Meant to comment a while back on how nice the redo looks. Good job, MG!<br><br>

Re: Check my website - 10/16/02 12:03 PM

Thank you Foot.... I appreciate the assistance. God I hate transferring a domain.... it's such a pain in the arse! Would have been easier to register a new domain, but my wife and I have so many people with the e-mail and I have so many clients trained to go there that I just didn't want to go through the hassle!<br><br>

Re: Check my website - 10/16/02 12:06 PM

Hey thanks, I appreciate it. I got tired of dealing with the constraints of HTML, so I decided to make it an all-graphics website. Also wanted to avoid using Flash, cause a lot of people either don't have the plug-in... or just plain hate that!<br><br>

Re: Check my website - 10/16/02 12:08 PM

Chat room.<br><br>Nope I get "server not found"<br><br>

Re: Check my website - 10/16/02 12:10 PM

ok... obviously the servers aren't forwarding in your corner of the world yet.... oh well, I guess I have to wait.<br><br>

Re: Check my website - 10/16/02 12:11 PM

I also get server not found for the chat.<br><br><br><br>

Re: Check my website - 10/16/02 12:15 PM

thanks... hopefully the DNS servers will be forwarding correctly soon... just bugs me that my website is down, even though I anticipated it would be for a day or two.<br><br>

Re: Check my website - 10/16/02 12:18 PM

Sorry still down in NC<br><br>
Posted by: Swatcat

Re: Check my website - 10/16/02 12:25 PM

Both work here in Virginia on Cox<br><br>

Re: Check my website - 10/16/02 12:26 PM

Cool! Now if only you were a client!!! <br><br>

Re: Check my website - 10/16/02 12:30 PM

Main page is still not available, but the list page no says "server not available"<br><br>

Re: Check my website - 10/16/02 01:02 PM

Working in Rhode Island now! Will check it out in depth when I get home.<br><br>

Re: Check my website - 10/16/02 01:16 PM

thanks!<br><br>

Re: Check my website - 10/16/02 05:06 PM

I'm hearing from people all over that it is finally coming up. Now, if I could just get my e-mail working right!<br><br>
Posted by: sross

Re: Check my website - 10/16/02 05:10 PM

Both are just fine here.<br><br><br>

Re: Check my website - 10/16/02 05:14 PM

Really, really great work MG - nicely done site, too!<br><br>
Posted by: Lori

Re: Check my website - 10/16/02 05:40 PM

Great site...fast loading!<br><br>

Re: Check my website - 10/16/02 05:52 PM

Thanks guys! I appreciate the compliments. Don't forget to check out the "other" section, and click on family, you can visit my .Mac site from there (if you care to).<br><br>

Re: Check my website - 10/16/02 05:58 PM

Great site there Gizmo!<br><br><br><br>

Re: Check my website - 10/16/02 06:21 PM

OK, this is now getting personal. I've tried all day to check out your site and I keep getting "Not Available" Is anyone using Chimera or am I just a dork?<br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Check my website - 10/16/02 06:22 PM

Both fine in PA, MacGizmo.<br>Love the work.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Check my website - 10/16/02 06:24 PM

Mcteak - I'm using Chimera and it loads okay...as far as your dorkiness...well...um...er...waiter - check please!<br><br>

Re: Check my website - 10/16/02 06:29 PM

Ya know...today is not my day. I'am in the doghouse at home, Work was a challenge...our servers went down, and now this. Is there no love anywhere?<br><br>

Re: Check my website - 10/16/02 06:38 PM

Speaking of work being a challenge. . . .<br><br>To repeat myself. . . .<br><br>I hate administration!!!<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Check my website - 10/16/02 06:41 PM

Oh this is not good, I am part of the problem I'am part of administration. Sorry.<br><br>

Re: Check my website - 10/16/02 06:42 PM

Did it, had to use IE but did get there. Cool site, I really like the theme.<br><br>

Re: Check my website - 10/16/02 06:43 PM

Thats great big guy it worked this time.<br>I guess some of the links from your site still did not go thru.<br><br>I like it.<br>Nice, simple and to the point. Much better then sites that make you click through a barage of pages to get some info.<br><br>

Re: Check my website - 10/16/02 06:44 PM

You may have to empty your browser cache to view it. I was trying all morning and it wouldn't load until I emptied the cache, then it finally loaded.<br><br>

Re: Check my website - 10/16/02 06:46 PM

Thanks, I'll go take a dump (cashe wise).<br><br>

Re: Check my website - 10/16/02 06:46 PM

Thanks Carp! I'm with you on the websites that "hide" the info. I can't believe how many "service" related sites make it so damn difficult just to find a phone number or an address. I tried to keep my site as small (page count) as possible and put everything right in your face so you don't have to click tons of links to get anywhere.<br><br>

Re: Check my website - 10/16/02 06:48 PM

For that reason my browser cache is set to Zero.<br>I to suggest that everyone set theirs to Zero.<br><br>

Re: Check my website - 10/16/02 06:55 PM

Yeah and not to mention their "wording"<br><br>Many of us have visited these site at one time or another. I think that those sites are desgned by administrators and not designers and certainly not Mac users.<br><br>Visit the;<br>MS web site<br>Sony web site<br>Apples web site<br><br>Clearly a big difference.<br><br>

Re: Check my website - 10/16/02 07:04 PM

Didn't mean I hate administrators, but adminitrating <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: Check my website - 10/16/02 07:32 PM

Shock of all shocks!!!!!!!!!<br><br>In the "Software I Use" area, you've listed Quark! OMFG!!! <br><br>

Re: Check my website - 10/16/02 07:38 PM

Well... I gotta let people know I can accept Quark files... even though I convert them to InDesign immediately! <br><br>

Re: Check my website - 10/16/02 07:51 PM

Amen...I agree, too much stress and you take it home with you, which is not good.<br><br>
Posted by: iRock

Re: Check my website - 10/16/02 08:34 PM

Hehe that's where I got the pic for the Elvis suit. Looks like you have a good crew in real life (as well as here).<br><br>Cheers, iRock<br>"Even though Mac Users may be only 10% of the market, always remember that we are the TOP 10%"<br>-Douglas Adams
Posted by: iraszl

Re: Check my website - 10/16/02 11:41 PM

1st did open, but two images on the bottom were broken and could get them load. Also in my browser the seamless tiling between the main image and the background tiles didn't work perfectly. It was slightly shifted.<br>2nd opened fine. I didn't try all images.<br>Testing environment: Power Macintosh G3, OS 9.2.2 IE5.1.6, Bahrain ADSL.<br><br>http://raszl.net

Re: Check my website - 10/16/02 11:47 PM

See my post for an explanation about the graphic alignment in the Web Design thread.<br><br>