Sniper

Posted by: iraszl

Sniper - 10/16/02 05:44 AM

Having found a good weapon against the maniac, why on earth announce it?<br>http://www.newscientist.com/news/news.jsp?id=ns99992932<br><br>http://raszl.net
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: Sniper - 10/16/02 06:26 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Having found a good weapon against the maniac, why on earth announce it?<p><hr></blockquote><p>Because, for the most part, we are NOT very intelligent!<br><br>speaking for almost all of North America<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Sniper - 10/16/02 06:34 AM

ONe problem may be that they have to give notice that they are using this technology, otherwise when the guy finally gets caught, he will most certainly get a lawyer and sue everyone in sight for violating his civil rights!<br><br>
Posted by: iraszl

Re: Sniper - 10/16/02 08:51 AM

oh, i see.<br><br>http://raszl.net

Re: Sniper - 10/16/02 08:57 AM

It's the American way... you need a lawyer just to take a dump in this country in the even the toilet paper doesn't live up to it's advertised potential! The courts are overwhelmed with ridiculous lawsuits while the real criminals go free.<br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Sniper - 10/16/02 09:16 AM

There's a legitimate reason for making this a news story, that has nothing to do with the sniper but something to do with American law. There is a federal law, the Posse Comitatus Act, that makes it illegal for military forces to act in a police capacity. There are good rea sons for the law, but obviously things like this sniper or like terrorism make it increasingly more difficult to distinguish between military and civilian "enforcement."<br><br>I'm not exactly a live-free-or-die kind of guy, but I do see the danger of empowering military forces to be police.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: Mcteak

Re: Sniper - 10/16/02 09:27 AM

I concur. Serving in the Army for 15 years, both active and reserve, the skills I have obtained do not lend themselves to police work. There is a place for the military and a place for the police and they should be kept seperate.<br><br>
Posted by: Swatcat

Re: Sniper - 10/16/02 12:32 PM

I live in the area where the sniper is killing.<br>I don't care what they use as long as they blow his head off.<br>I don't want him captured just dead,why tie the courts up.<br>Kill him bury him and I will piss on his grave<br><br>

Re: Sniper - 10/16/02 12:35 PM

That's a bit extreme... but it seems we've tried everything else, maybe a good "zero-tolerance" effort one or two times would get the message across.<br><br>

Re: Sniper - 10/16/02 12:37 PM

Pissing on his/their graves, well you may have to wait in line. Why bury the B@#$%^&s! Cook them up and give them a good flush.<br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: Sniper - 10/16/02 12:39 PM

IMO at this stage when they catch him if they do, it will most likely end up as a shoot out with the police.<br><br>

Re: Sniper - 10/16/02 12:44 PM

I don't think it's to extrem this dirt bag shoots children,2 of the shootings have been in 5 miles of my house.<br>Schools are on lock down all activites are canseled.<br>Kill the pos and be done with it.<br><br><br>

Re: Sniper - 10/16/02 12:48 PM

There is a funny side to this though.<br>I stoped at a 7-11 this morning to get some coffee there were three white vans all with ladder racks on top,everyone was eyeballing each other.<br><br><br>

Re: Sniper - 10/16/02 12:52 PM

What really makes me sick is when you see regular people doing everyday tasks and they are wearing Kelvar vests. Fear is such a powerful weapon in the hands of those who know to use it.<br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: Sniper - 10/16/02 01:02 PM

Kelvar vests??<br>I did not those are legal to sell Hummmm<br><br>

Re: Sniper - 10/16/02 01:13 PM

I just wear trash can lids! <br><br>

Re: Sniper - 10/16/02 04:23 PM

Don't know about that, but they are available through the right channels.<br><br>
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: Sniper - 10/16/02 05:47 PM

I'm with ya ALL THE WAY, Ed!<br><br>