I've been CENSORED out of MacMinute forums!

Posted by: iraszl

I've been CENSORED out of MacMinute forums! - 10/15/02 10:06 AM

It seems that the thread "A good ad a day makes you smile all day" has been deleted (at least I can't find it).<br><br>It reminds me of a newspaper headline: "We have reached utopia - and it sucks."<br><br>What was wrong about it? Was it the provocative question about the adverts censorships in the US or was it the poster for the photography exhibition featuring a naked erderly lady?<br><br>http://raszl.net
Posted by: Biggerfoot

Re: I've been CENSORED out of MacMinute forums! - 10/15/02 10:10 AM

I do not see it either.<br><br>I disagree if that happened.<br><br><br>
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: I've been CENSORED out of MacMinute forums! - 10/15/02 10:35 AM

I'll bet it was "politically incorrect"!<br><br>[color:red]B@$T@RD$</font color=red><br><br>This site is becoming more and more like the rest! Shyte for the sheep!!!<br><br>

Re: I've been CENSORED out of MacMinute forums! - 10/15/02 10:55 AM

Why would it be taken off...no nudes or even a link to nudes? Seen much worse elsewhere.<br><br>Heck my SpongeBob photos were far worse than what was posted.<br><br>Or did I miss something?<br><br>
Posted by: margadagio

Re: I've been CENSORED out of MacMinute forums! - 10/15/02 11:56 AM

I just searched for it too. I can't believe it. It's gone! <br><br>This is really sick. What has North America come to. (shaking my head in disbelief.)<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: I've been CENSORED out of MacMinute forums! - 10/15/02 12:04 PM

Stan wants to keep the forum at a (G) rating.<br>Some months back a poster got blasted for making a remark about a part of a womans body. Stan step in real fast and reminded everyone that the forum does have some under age members so keep it clean.<br><br>IMO<br>MM is (G) rated<br>MC is (PG -13) Hence you can get away with more stuff over at MC to a point.<br><br>
Posted by: greenme1

Re: I've been CENSORED out of MacMinute forums! - 10/15/02 01:28 PM

It should be PG-13 at the least, we all meet that! <br><br>

Re: I've been CENSORED out of MacMinute forums! - 10/15/02 01:32 PM

rakka is 13<br>So that would mean that his parents would have to be online with him at MM<br><br>

Re: I've been CENSORED out of MacMinute forums! - 10/15/02 01:40 PM

No they let you into a PG-13 movie at 13 if they ask, and 10 if they don't <br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: I've been CENSORED out of MacMinute forums! - 10/15/02 02:04 PM

I talked to Stan this morning...<br><br>It has to do with the content I do believe. I mean, I saw it (the nude elderly woman) and really, did it serve a purpose other than to show those of us who live in the US what ads aren't shown here? I liked the first post you did cause it was subliminal and ended up harmless. <br><br>And besides, everyone can post something, but that doesn't mean it was proper. It's Stan's boards after all. He can do what he wants.<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: I've been CENSORED out of MacMinute forums! - 10/15/02 02:06 PM

Nude elderly woman??? I didn't see that. Who posted a nude? I guess I shouldn't talk... I had that wedding pic posted. <br><br><br>[color:red]What? I don't understand. What?</font color=red>

Re: I've been CENSORED out of MacMinute forums! - 10/15/02 02:55 PM

Right thats why I thought it was deleted.<br>That same wedding pic is still over at MC<br><br>

Re: I've been CENSORED out of MacMinute forums! - 10/15/02 03:44 PM

I just checked... it's still here too.<br><br><br>[color:red]What? I don't understand. What?</font color=red>

Re: I've been CENSORED out of MacMinute forums! - 10/15/02 03:55 PM

What picture are you talking about? The link the the mishap and the flower toss? Heck it was only a link.<br><br>

Re: I've been CENSORED out of MacMinute forums! - 10/15/02 03:56 PM

Maybe it got pulled because that nude dame was so butt ugly?<br><br><br><br>

Re: I've been CENSORED out of MacMinute forums! - 10/15/02 04:00 PM

Hummm<br>Maybe thats was it a link so therefore safe???<br>The only thing I can remmber is the ---never mind.<br><br>

Re: I've been CENSORED out of MacMinute forums! - 10/15/02 04:06 PM

I think links would be safer than actual images...<br><br>

Re: I've been CENSORED out of MacMinute forums! - 10/15/02 04:11 PM

Links I don't mind = I prefer the posted images.<br>What I really don't like is to having to download something even if its from a poster on the forum.<br><br>

Re: I've been CENSORED out of MacMinute forums! - 10/15/02 04:13 PM

? Are you saying you don't mind links or images? <br><br>And by downloading, do you mean the image to view it or actually downloading a file?<br><br>

Re: I've been CENSORED out of MacMinute forums! - 10/15/02 04:19 PM

I posted a "LINK" to the photo of the girl catching the flowers. The actual file is on my webserver. I would never post something of that nature as an "image" so it loads with the thread.<br><br><br>[color:red]What? I don't understand. What?</font color=red>

Re: I've been CENSORED out of MacMinute forums! - 10/15/02 04:20 PM

The image is a file.<br>Yes some people place songs, movies and other various forms of madness into a link, that which you have to download.<br><br>Its just my bitch I am sure that some prefer it that way.<br><br>

Re: I've been CENSORED out of MacMinute forums! - 10/15/02 04:21 PM

ahh ok..I think. LOL Oh wait..I just noticed it was MacGizmo replying to me and not Carp.<br><br><br><br>

Re: I've been CENSORED out of MacMinute forums! - 10/15/02 04:24 PM

Bottom line.<br>Gizmo link brought me to a image.<br>I did not have to download it to view.<br><br>

Re: I've been CENSORED out of MacMinute forums! - 10/15/02 04:25 PM

I agree Carp... If someone has something they want to show off, I would rather just see it right in the post (or hear it). However, in the case of my wedding picture post, you gotta admit, it wouldn't have been the right thing to do putting THAT picture right in the post.<br><br><br>[color:red]What? I don't understand. What?</font color=red>

Re: I've been CENSORED out of MacMinute forums! - 10/15/02 04:25 PM

Gotcha<br><br>

Re: I've been CENSORED out of MacMinute forums! - 10/15/02 04:33 PM

Right that is a good move on your part and maybe why the thread was not deleted.<br><br>Like today over at MC someone posted a PDF file (Image) to download. It Froze IE and I had to re-start the Mac??? Dang<br><br>

Re: I've been CENSORED out of MacMinute forums! - 10/15/02 04:35 PM

Do you have that PDF browser plug-in... that thing always gave me grief in OS9. The new one for OSX works better... probably because it was made by a third-party, not Adobe.<br><br><br>[color:red]What? I don't understand. What?</font color=red>

Re: I've been CENSORED out of MacMinute forums! - 10/15/02 04:37 PM

Hummm not sure.<br>I never had problems before downloading PDFs just that one<br><br>

Re: I've been CENSORED out of MacMinute forums! - 10/15/02 04:40 PM

Oh... do you have a link... I'll try it here and see if it works. Maybe they messed it up.<br><br><br>[color:red]What? I don't understand. What?</font color=red>

Re: I've been CENSORED out of MacMinute forums! - 10/15/02 04:55 PM

Link to the thread<br>About the MS swicther ad. Saved as a PDF takin in a Desk top image.<br><br>Link<br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by carp on 10/15/02 07:56 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: I've been CENSORED out of MacMinute forums! - 10/15/02 05:00 PM

Trying it here..downloading fine so far. <br><br>BTW, what's up with that one avatar from the last poster to that thread?? <br><br>

Re: I've been CENSORED out of MacMinute forums! - 10/15/02 05:06 PM

Got it... I have posted a blurred .jpg image (to keep the file size down) - <br>it's still very readable. Only 250k. You can view it here.<br><br><br>[color:red]What? I don't understand. What?</font color=red>

Re: I've been CENSORED out of MacMinute forums! - 10/15/02 05:07 PM

That's "what's-her-butt" from Charlie's Angels movie... you know, the blonde.<br><br><br>[color:red]What? I don't understand. What?</font color=red>

Re: I've been CENSORED out of MacMinute forums! - 10/15/02 05:07 PM

Don't know..haven't seen the movie. I remember the TV show though..<br><br>

Re: I've been CENSORED out of MacMinute forums! - 10/15/02 05:08 PM

Oh my, that's disturbing! <br><br>I might have to bring out Sensei Otsuyama! <br><br><br><br>

Re: I've been CENSORED out of MacMinute forums! - 10/15/02 05:11 PM

What's disturbing?? the fact that I haven't seen Charlies Angel's the movie?<br><br>

Re: I've been CENSORED out of MacMinute forums! - 10/15/02 05:11 PM

I already read it before it was removed from MS web site.<br>So it seems that the problem was on my end.<br><br>

Re: I've been CENSORED out of MacMinute forums! - 10/15/02 05:12 PM

You sad sole that movie had some real nice Babe shots.<br><br>

Re: I've been CENSORED out of MacMinute forums! - 10/15/02 05:12 PM

no, that fact that some 40 year old man has that for a sig. pic. <br><br>

Re: I've been CENSORED out of MacMinute forums! - 10/15/02 05:14 PM

He doesn't have a sig pic... do you mean his Avatar?<br><br><br>[color:red]What? I don't understand. What?</font color=red>

Re: I've been CENSORED out of MacMinute forums! - 10/15/02 05:17 PM

sig...avatar..you knew what he was talking about <br><br>

Re: I've been CENSORED out of MacMinute forums! - 10/15/02 05:18 PM

oops, yeah.<br><br>

Re: I've been CENSORED out of MacMinute forums! - 10/15/02 05:20 PM

Don't worry about it Greenme...I got your back <br><br>

Re: I've been CENSORED out of MacMinute forums! - 10/15/02 05:22 PM

I'll be you do... you friggin pervert! <br><br><br>[color:red]What? I don't understand. What?</font color=red>

Re: I've been CENSORED out of MacMinute forums! - 10/15/02 05:24 PM

Oh oh oh oh.....look who's talking Mr. "I have my head in the gutter"-Gizmo!<br><br>

Re: I've been CENSORED out of MacMinute forums! - 10/15/02 05:25 PM

Thanks... I've been looking for it. <br><br><br>[color:red]What? I don't understand. What?</font color=red>

Re: I've been CENSORED out of MacMinute forums! - 10/15/02 05:27 PM

Right over there..next to mine <br><br>
Posted by: iraszl

Re: I've been CENSORED out of MacMinute forums! - 10/15/02 11:54 PM

I thought I should post that poster as a link, just so that everyone knows what's it all about. It's a poster for a famous photographer's exhibition in Budapest. Actually I was expecting that some people would object or comment on this poster. To create a mind opening discussion was my intention, but i didn't expect it to be pulled. It's over the top!<br><br>http://iraszl.brinkster.net/macminute/poster.htm<br><br>P.S.: I don't think this image is offending in any way. It features a beautiful old body. Old is not ugly, ugly minds are ugly. Kids should know how an old body looks like. They should be completely comfortable with it. Why is it OK to show a baby naked and not an elderly naked? Pedofilia, nekrofilia, etc. are ugly things, but to censor this was not fair. I don't want to offend anyone, but whoever censored this poster either knows nothing about art and photography and has an inmature taste for nudity or just plainly didn't think. Nevertheless he/she offended all old people. When he gets old, let the people be ashamed of him same way as he is ashamed of a such a post on his forum, so he'll understand what I mean.<br><br>P.S.S.: It's funny, a poster on streets of Budapest that can be seen by thousands of kids is OK, but a hidden thread mainly visited by adults is HARAM (means banned/shameful in Arabic). Am I supposed to watch my posts if they comply with a rating? It's ridiculous! We in Hungary, a post communist country, have more freedom than in America with a history of hundreds of years of democracy. Actually this level of "politically correctness" is somewhat the same as in Bahrain, which is an islamic/democratic kingdom. Does that not worry anyone? Playing safe? Minds closed?<br><br>I'm sure you'll like this image :<br><br><br>http://raszl.net
Posted by: Krasni

Re: I've been CENSORED out of MacMinute forums! - 10/16/02 12:07 AM

I'm with you. That was a beautiful photograph and the fact they've censored it is just absurd.<br><br>

Re: I've been CENSORED out of MacMinute forums! - 10/16/02 01:54 AM

Despite an earlier post which was done in jest, I agree. My earlier comment about a butt ugly body was in relation to the pic Gizmo posted. I found it odd that it should remain yet this artfully done picture should be witheld for others to see. The pic of the old woman was quite poignant. It was tastefully done and personally I wouldn't have a moments hesitation to allow any child I know to see it.<br>I find it interesting what you say about our so-called freedoms here in North America. We have a little more here in Canada but not much. Everyday another freedom seems to have erroded away. The powers that be are trying their best to program the way I think, the way I should feel. I'm personally fighting that BS and I raised my child to do the same. <br><br>I WILL NOT BE PROGRAMED !<br><br><br><br>

Re: I've been CENSORED out of MacMinute forums! - 10/16/02 06:30 AM

I never saw this thread originally, I assume the picture was put right in the post for all to see. That's probably why my picture wasn't deleted... (I don't see anything wrong with either of the pics in question). A link to a picture is always a safe route to go.<br><br>
Posted by: StanFlack

Re: I've been CENSORED out of MacMinute forums! - 10/16/02 08:37 AM

Thanks for the feedback folks. Those who have been here for a while know that I am opposed to censorship in a very big way. I do my best to stay away from those kinds of things.<br><br>However, I did delete the post you are referring to. There was both male and female nudity, and I simply can't have that. Perhaps at some point we can set up an adult area where age verification is required, but is that really necessary? <br><br>In the meantime we need to remember that there are children in these forums, so we have to keep it is check.<br><br>I hope you understand.<br><br>Cheers,<br><br>Stan

Re: I've been CENSORED out of MacMinute forums! - 10/16/02 08:58 AM

Age verification.... My gawd I hope it doesn't come to that... otherwise Alec might "age-out" of membership!<br><br>