This is what I'm afraid of!

Posted by: iraszl

This is what I'm afraid of! - 10/15/02 12:21 AM

<br><br>I'm in my late twenties now. I'm working as an art director. I was wondering how long can someone be an art director working for agencies. I never see old art directors. I will never be hired once I'm 40 or so. Agencies need fresh blood always. I understand, they need people who understand and live the new and the young.<br><br>So my choices are either I make it a creative director or start my own design firm. Or shall I start looking for a new profession? What do you think?<br><br>http://raszl.net
Posted by: margadagio

Re: This is what I'm afraid of! - 10/15/02 01:45 AM

I would talk to steveg about that if I were you.<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: This is what I'm afraid of! - 10/15/02 06:05 AM

Isn't creative director after that?<br><br>That's when the BIG bucks start coming in...<br><br>[color:orange]Hey! Wait a 'minute'....</font color=orange>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: This is what I'm afraid of! - 10/15/02 06:39 AM

associate creative director, creative director, studio managers... lots of opportunities.<br><br><br>[color:red]What? I don't understand. What?</font color=red>
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: This is what I'm afraid of! - 10/15/02 07:52 AM

Plus all the freelance stuff you can do on the side...<br><br>[color:orange]Hey! Wait a 'minute'....</font color=orange>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: This is what I'm afraid of! - 10/15/02 08:20 AM

Like Marg, I thought of steveg right away. There is hope!<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: This is what I'm afraid of! - 10/15/02 02:05 PM

I don't know the Steveg story...I hope he can enlighten me if he wants. <br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: This is what I'm afraid of! - 10/15/02 03:03 PM

Steveg is over 40 and got a job a few weeks ago as a director.<br>So what they are saying is that there is no magical limit to age in the graphic field.<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: This is what I'm afraid of! - 11/26/02 08:30 PM

Kiss my hiney Carp! <br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!