M$ tries the switch

Posted by: OSXaddict

M$ tries the switch - 10/14/02 01:25 PM

But gives no name! They say that imitation is the best form of flattery (or something like that!)Oh well..for a good laugh, read here:<br><br>http://www.microsoft.com/insider/opsystems/windowsxp_setup.asp<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: M$ tries the switch - 10/14/02 01:27 PM

Geez.... not only do they copy the operating system from Apple, but now they have to copy their ad campaign as well!!! LOL. What a bunch of idiots!<br><br><br>[color:red]What? I don't understand. What?</font color=red>
Posted by: MacGuru

Re: M$ tries the switch - 10/14/02 01:55 PM

Also it says Office XP is much better than Appleworks ever was what about Office X! It has more features than office XP.<br><br>Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.<br>-- Immanuel Kant, "Critique of Pure Reason
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: M$ tries the switch - 10/14/02 05:50 PM

They took it down! <br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: M$ tries the switch - 10/14/02 06:45 PM

I missed it! Did anyone save the page so I can get a chuckle out of it? I need a chuckle tonight.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: M$ tries the switch - 10/14/02 06:47 PM

Sorry... I'm fresh out of chuckles tonight... please check back tomorrow!<br><br><br>[color:red]What? I don't understand. What?</font color=red>

Re: M$ tries the switch - 10/14/02 07:49 PM

Aha, but Google rescued it (if that't the right word) here.<br><br>edit: Over at TMO they smoked out who the model is. Check it out here. It's the first thumbnail at the upper left hand of the sequence. Hard to believe that MS couldn't do better than a stock model image!!<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by yoyo52 on 10/14/02 11:01 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: M$ tries the switch - 10/14/02 07:53 PM

at the bottom of the page, they ask if YOU have any ideas for THEM to do more stories... Stupid jack@sses couldn't have an original thought to save their pathetic worthless lives!<br><br><br>[color:red]What? I don't understand. What?</font color=red>

Re: M$ tries the switch - 10/14/02 08:07 PM

More news here, from yahoo, which says that the woman who is supposed to have been the switcher is actually an employee of the ad firm used by MS for the ad <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: M$ tries the switch - 10/14/02 08:36 PM

LOL... they posted the same thing over at MC this morning and I posted that I had that same stock photograph.... I guess they believe me now!<br><br><br>[color:red]What? I don't understand. What?</font color=red>
Posted by: iraszl

Re: M$ tries the switch - 10/15/02 12:09 AM

MG post the stock image here please! Can't get it through the getty images link for some reason. This is the best pathetic story of the week!<br><br>http://raszl.net
Posted by: Mcteak

Re: M$ tries the switch - 10/15/02 06:05 AM

I' am not sure who has the signature that mac users are in the upper 10% of computer users, but that effort by M$ just confirms the point!<br><br>

Re: M$ tries the switch - 10/15/02 08:15 AM

Here's the image, along with the Getty logo:<br><br><br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: iraszl

Re: M$ tries the switch - 10/15/02 10:13 AM

Thanks, LOL!<br><br>http://raszl.net