So Who Needs Anthrax?

Posted by: yoyo52

So Who Needs Anthrax? - 10/13/02 06:19 PM

Here's from the wires:<br><br>"Wampler Foods recalled all cooked deli products made since May at a suburban plant and halted production because the meat is possibly contaminated with listeria, authorities said Sunday. <br><br>The recall of about 27.4 million pounds of meat is the largest in USDA history. It follows an Oct. 9 recall of 295,000 pounds of turkey and chicken products at the plant in Franconia. <br><br>The company voluntarily expanded the recall to all cooked deli products made from May 1 through Oct. 11 and halted production Saturday at the facility about 25 miles north of Philadelphia after receiving test results of samples taken from floor drains."<br><br>There's so much in this little tale that's disturbing that the fact that I live only an hour from Philly isn't even in the picture <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: greenme1

Re: So Who Needs Anthrax? - 10/13/02 06:22 PM

Yikes! <br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: So Who Needs Anthrax? - 10/13/02 06:24 PM

I wish they would recall about 95% of practicing Doctors.<br>Talk about bad meat.<br><br>Anyway the FDA was stripped of cash along time ago and they are seriously lacking on inspectors.<br><br>
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: So Who Needs Anthrax? - 10/13/02 06:26 PM

mmmmmmmm......bad meat.<br><br>[color:orange]Hey! Wait a 'minute'....</font color=orange>
Posted by: carp

Re: So Who Needs Anthrax? - 10/13/02 06:27 PM

Ducks - Quacks<br>I had a few.<br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: So Who Needs Anthrax? - 10/13/02 07:30 PM

I thought you were talking about the band Anthrax! <br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: So Who Needs Anthrax? - 10/13/02 07:33 PM

Is a bout with anthrax what gave you that avatar? Nice!<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: So Who Needs Anthrax? - 10/13/02 07:43 PM

iRock was kind enough to do this for me<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: So Who Needs Anthrax? - 10/13/02 07:57 PM

mighty nice of her!<br><br><br>[color:red]What? I don't understand. What?</font color=red>

Re: So Who Needs Anthrax? - 10/13/02 07:58 PM

Yes it was!<br><br>
Posted by: iRock

Re: So Who Needs Anthrax? - 10/13/02 07:59 PM

Aww shucks...<br><br>Cheers, iRock<br>"Even though Mac Users may be only 10% of the market, always remember that we are the TOP 10%"<br>-Douglas Adams