It's the long weekend!!

Posted by: margadagio

It's the long weekend!! - 10/12/02 06:08 AM

It's Thanksgiving here in Canada. Time to pig out. Gobble gobble.<br>Today I'll go with my daughter to play bingo. I've never gone before so this should be interesting. Tomorrow is the big feast then Monday is "play" day here. hehheh<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: sross

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/12/02 06:23 AM

Is your Thanksgiving based on the same "Pilgrims and Indians" scenerio as ours?<br><br>
Posted by: Swatcat

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/12/02 06:27 AM

Is it true that Canadians eat moose and raccoon sushi for Thanksgiving? <br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/12/02 06:32 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Is your Thanksgiving based on the same "Pilgrims and Indians" scenerio as ours?<p><hr></blockquote><p>I have no idea. It's an excuse to have a day off work and eat till you can't stand up.<br><br><br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/12/02 06:33 AM

Raccoon sushi is my fave. Moose is a bit too rich for me.<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: lesh

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/12/02 06:39 AM

Swatcat I heard that they consider anything that strays over their border as fair game, includin' Amuricuns!! Dey's savages up there!!<br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/12/02 06:42 AM

I know their weapons are baseball bats. <br>So that must be the reason why I keep getting messages come join our club<br><br>
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/12/02 07:47 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Is your Thanksgiving based on the same "Pilgrims and Indians" scenerio as ours?<p><hr></blockquote><p>No, no! We give thanks for not being American...<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>yet. <br><br>[color:red]Alec</font color=red>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/12/02 07:50 AM

I thought we were the 51st state already. <br><br><br><br>
Posted by: sross

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/12/02 07:50 AM

Soon, my friend.<br><br>
Posted by: Biggerfoot

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/12/02 07:52 AM

I was invited to a Thanksgiving in Candada party/dinner here in Michigan tonight.<br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/12/02 07:53 AM

Thats one way to get the price of Mac's down in Canada<br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/12/02 07:53 AM

That sounds cool. going?<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/12/02 08:09 AM

Funny thing is that in the US this is Columbus Day weekend (Monday is THE Day). I wonder if the two countries coordinated that.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/12/02 09:33 AM

If my memory serves (it's been almost a year, and I hardly knew anything about you back then) didn't you used to live in Miami for a while? So, you have at least a pinky-toe's worth of American in you already!!! <br><br><br>[color:red]What? I don't understand. What?</font color=red>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/12/02 10:24 AM

Good recall, MG!<br><br>But if you spend enough time in Miami, you learn it's really a part of South America and Cuba! <br><br>Perhaps I'm as much Latino as American? ay caramba!<br><br>[color:red]Alec</font color=red>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/12/02 02:00 PM

Trying to play bingo in a large hall is like trying to iChat in a room with a hundred folks. Playing 10 cards at once while sipping a beer and lighting a cig is nigh impossible. All that and I didn't win a dime. I always wanted to know how the other half live. Now I know. The place I went to is located in a part of town known for the seedier side of life and wow was the place full of them. Hookers, winos et al. I had more fun just watching these people. I won't be in any hurry to go back. <br><br><br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/12/02 02:04 PM

I live in a section of town that's really nice as far as old houses and places being close together...close to downtown. I love to go out to eat and sit outside, watching the people walk by. Some of them are freaks! LOL<br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/12/02 02:05 PM

I love freaks. I'm one of them.<br><br><br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/12/02 02:08 PM

Heh...cool! So you have piercings and different colored hair? Or do you wear clothing that is either all black/cut up/or revealing? <br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/12/02 02:13 PM

No, but you just described my daughter. LOL<br><br>I'm only a freak by default. Not in appearance but in attitude.<br><br><br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/12/02 02:14 PM

Ahh..yeah. I'm like that too <br><br>Is your daughter a teenager? I wonder if or when kids like that grow out of it?<br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/12/02 02:17 PM

Oh no, she's no teenager. She's 27. I raised her to "think different' and I got what I wanted. <br><br><br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/12/02 02:20 PM

27? single? <br><br>perhaps I should direct you to this thread? Though not the topic...down further ..the other posts that I entered. <br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/12/02 02:25 PM

I used to do that.<br>There was this restaurant in a shopping mall were you could sit out side and watch the freak show - never ending entertainment and no commercials.<br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/12/02 02:30 PM

I love sitting outside drinking a beer...you know, they are probably walking by and thinking "freak" <br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/12/02 02:36 PM

Single and plans on staying that way. She's on a "I hate men" kick lately. Judging by the idiots she has dated lately, I don't blame her.<br><br><br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/12/02 02:38 PM

That's a shame. Yeah..leave it to idiots to do that, while nice guys like me are posting on mac boards <br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/12/02 02:39 PM

how old are you?<br><br><br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/12/02 02:40 PM

37<br><br>I also have a website<br><br>http://www.johnkentucky.com<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by OSXaddict on 10/12/02 05:41 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>
Posted by: iRock

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/12/02 02:44 PM

You are like a nice, good-looking guy. What the heck is wrong with women in those parts? You need a MacBabe.<br><br>Cheers, iRock<br>There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and [Unix] BSD. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.<br>Jeremy S. Anderson

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/12/02 02:47 PM

I see you travelled to Africa. Where did you go?<br><br><br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/12/02 02:50 PM

Well atlease you did not have the camera in front of your face when you took that shot in the mirror -or- did you at first??<br><br>I am single to.<br>But Meley is the same age as my daughter - so she off limits for me.<br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/12/02 02:54 PM

I've warned Mel about dirty old men. One track minds. <br><br><br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/12/02 02:57 PM

I don't know what's up with these women here....either they are all married or lesbians <br><br>Nah..I don't know. There are lots of cute women, but haven't met that right one yet.<br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/12/02 02:58 PM

I went to Uganda for 4 months. Traveled to Kenya and Rwanda while I was there.<br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/12/02 03:00 PM

I had that problem for a long time..everyone would say "you look like a camera" and would have a good laugh at my expense. Until one time trying to take a new picture I tripped and the camera went off when it was away from my face, and so as they say.....uh...well, I forgot what they said. Perhaps what it was is "Bull!" <br><br><br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/12/02 03:01 PM

Well how was the women there??<br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/12/02 03:02 PM

Where? Africa??<br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/12/02 03:10 PM

Yes<br>Uganda for 4 months. Traveled to Kenya and Rwanda<br><br>Since you are looking for a babe.<br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/12/02 03:12 PM

haha..I didn't go all that way to look for a babe! <br><br>yeah, there are some there, but since I wasn't looking there I wasn't paying much attention.<br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/12/02 03:20 PM

Have you tried the Mail order bride on the web??<br><br>There are 4,000 Ruskie gals that want out. Every countrie has a listing.<br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/12/02 03:21 PM

Main reason? not enough $$ to do that, even if I was interested in that.<br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/12/02 03:23 PM

You got to find the "discounted ones" <br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/12/02 03:26 PM

How about a 2 for 1 sale? <br><br><br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/12/02 03:26 PM

<br><br>the blue-light special ones? the bargain basement ones? I"m not sure if I want one of those! LOL<br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/12/02 03:28 PM

2 for 1 sale? hehe..ok..I better go now! LOL <br><br>Off to see a movie..later!<br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 07:34 AM

The turkey is stuffed and in the oven doing it's thing. My 2 cats have started their vigil. They will remain there till it's cooked. Sammie and Buster must guard the oven to ensure no intruders.<br><br><br><br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 07:36 AM

Yummm - what time did you say dinner was?<br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 07:38 AM

Dinner at Marg's house,Im a cat too<br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 07:41 AM

2 PM. Just time to run to the airport and jump on that plane. <br><br><br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 07:51 AM

2 PM??? That's LUNCH!!! Oh, I get it... you'll be eating right through 'til dinner time, right?<br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 08:10 AM

We always have it that time so you can eat leftovers when you get the munchies later. It's also a good time so you can have a nap later. Eating that much always puts you to sleep. <br><br><br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 08:10 AM

What's for dessert?<br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 09:17 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>the blue-light special ones? the bargain basement ones?<p><hr></blockquote><p>I think that's how Alec got his first 6 wives... he tells me they were all great... right up until they took him for everything in divorce court! <br><br><br>[color:red]What? I don't understand. What?</font color=red>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 09:21 AM

chocolate cake is on the dessert menu. I like pumpkin pie but no one else does.<br><br><br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 09:39 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>... how Alec got his first 6 wives...<p><hr></blockquote><p>Painfully close to the truth! <br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 09:41 AM

You didn't tell me you had 6 ex's. <br><br><br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 09:45 AM

I don't like to be reminded of the first six as they really WERE blue-light specials... err, red-light specials! <br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 09:48 AM

Yeah... but the last 6 weren't too bad were they? <br><br><br>[color:red]What? I don't understand. What?</font color=red>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 09:52 AM

Busy fellow huh?<br><br><br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 09:57 AM

He does get around, doesn't he! <br><br><br>[color:red]What? I don't understand. What?</font color=red>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 09:59 AM

He must have a very rich lawyer.<br><br><br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 10:27 AM

What does he need a lawyer for? You haven't seen any of those women since have you? Did you notice that new flower bed in his back yard? Does Alec really look like the type that would keep all those flowers in his back yard?!!!<br><br>Hmmmmm.......<br><br><br>[color:red]What? I don't understand. What?</font color=red>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 10:34 AM

I rather thought Alec liked posey's.<br><br><br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 11:22 AM

I thought it was pansies <br><br><br><br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 11:25 AM

panties<br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 11:28 AM

you like wearing panties? <br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 11:29 AM

Sure! Doesn't every red-blooded, all American guy? Wanna see my speedo?<br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 11:30 AM

Eeeeeewwwww - I didn't need to know that.<br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 11:42 AM

Spare us your speedo. <br><br><br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 11:49 AM

Interesting we have out Thanksgiving dinner at 2 o"clock too.<br>Desert is homemade Apple pie.<br><br>I porkout then passout.<br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 11:53 AM

I'm running a bit late but now the time has come. Mashed potatos smothered with tons of gravey, cauliflower, carrots, sweet potatos and of course the main attraction. TURKEY ! <br><br>I'll save everyone here some leftovers. <br><br><br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 11:56 AM

You have BIG FUN!!!<br><br><br>[color:red]What? I don't understand. What?</font color=red>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 11:56 AM

mmmmmmmmmmm I'll be right there! <br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 11:57 AM

And I'm posting this from the airport - when are you coming to pick me up???<br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 12:23 PM

No Marg is busy cooking call Alex<br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 12:25 PM

Alex is busy backing up his computer.... call DaddyMac!<br><br><br>[color:red]What? I don't understand. What?</font color=red>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 12:29 PM

DaddyMac is busy posting political mayhem at MCF... call SteveG!<br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 12:30 PM

Then that leaves SwatCat call him and catch a taxi together.<br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 12:32 PM

Don't worry I don't drink I will do the driving<br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 12:33 PM

I'll come pick you up...but it's a long drive!<br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 12:41 PM

Here's a picture of Addict getting into his car for the "Taxi-Run"<br><br><br><br>[color:red]What? I don't understand. What?</font color=red>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 12:42 PM

Here's a picture of him speeding through the city to get there on time! <br><br><br><br><br>[color:red]What? I don't understand. What?</font color=red>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 12:43 PM

Too late. All gone. oink oink<br><br><br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 12:43 PM

Tap tap tap - Lesh looks at her watch - looks up & down the street - tap tap tap - yeeesh. Men!! No sense of direction!<br><br>
Posted by: greenme1

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 12:44 PM

It looks like he is still in the driveway to me...... <br><br><br><br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 12:45 PM

LOL... green is right... he got lost in his own driveway!!!!<br><br><br>[color:red]What? I don't understand. What?</font color=red>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 12:46 PM

He lost in the driveway thats why Lesh is still waiting<br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 12:51 PM

he's such a complete jack@ss... it all makes sense, since he never leaves the house anyway, how would he know how to get out of the driveway!<br><br><br>[color:red]What? I don't understand. What?</font color=red>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 12:53 PM

He is waiting for someone to walk by to give him directions - could be a all nighter.<br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 12:55 PM

Tap tap tap - of course - cause men never ASK for directions - Lesh whistles a tune to pass the time<br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 12:56 PM

I was just following MacGizmo's directions <br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 12:57 PM

You're so silly... I said drive back & forth AT THE AIRPORT until you see her... NOT IN YOUR DRIVEWAY!!!<br><br>Silly jerk!!! <br><br><br>[color:red]What? I don't understand. What?</font color=red>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 12:58 PM

If only you would stop writing with crayon! <br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 12:59 PM

Here is why<br> <br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 01:03 PM

LOL....<br><br><br>[color:red]What? I don't understand. What?</font color=red>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 01:09 PM

Lesh sighs heavily, picks up her bag and starts the long walk back to Rhode Island...<br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 01:12 PM

LOL!!!!!! I mean really.... ROTFLMAO!!!!!<br><br><br>[color:red]What? I don't understand. What?</font color=red>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 01:14 PM

I am almost there! <br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 01:16 PM

To late you whooose<br>Marg said she ate all the turkey already.<br><br>You owe Lesh a Dinner.<br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 01:18 PM

Hey..no problem! Being seen in public with a macbabe is nice <br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 01:51 PM

I have a good memory - some day I'll call in that dinner chit!<br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 01:53 PM

Anytime <br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 02:32 PM

Music for your love bird dinner.<br><embed src="http://homepage.mac.com/carp2/.Music/gopherguts.mp3" width=320 height=25 controller=true autoplay=false> <br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 02:34 PM

[color:green]YUCK!!!!!</font color=green><br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 02:35 PM

OMG! I haven't heard that in ages!! LOL We used to sing that when I was little...man...<br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 02:41 PM

My understanding was that it originated as a Girl Scout campfire song?<br><br>Infact there is a version of Girl Scout Brownies singing that song - but I could never find it.<br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 02:42 PM

Really? hmmm...then must have learned it from my sister..<br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 02:45 PM

If anything its a campfire song from the scouts - boy or girl.<br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 02:51 PM

Oh Carp - how sweet of you!<br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 02:59 PM

No problem Doll anything to help Romance.<br><br>I wonder why your avitar reminds me of a Turkey dinner.<br><br>Hummmmm<br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 03:01 PM

That's one long-legged turkey!<br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 03:04 PM

OMG!!! I haven't heard that in years!!! LOL! We should make that the Lounge Forum Anthem!<br><br><br>[color:red]What? I don't understand. What?</font color=red>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 04:01 PM

I love that song. That describes my dinner to a T <br><br><br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/13/02 04:31 PM

hmmmm... maybe I'll just have dessert tonight!<br><br><br>[color:red]What? I don't understand. What?</font color=red>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/14/02 12:47 PM

I just got back from a nice walk along the boardwalk at Ashbridges Bay on Lake Ontario.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/14/02 12:53 PM

Wow..very nice pics! Too cool..<br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/14/02 01:31 PM

Nice shots, Marg. I never think of Toronto as having such nice scenery. Thanks for sharing... and restoring my appreciation of "the big city"!<br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/14/02 01:35 PM

To think this is walking distance from Max's. <br><br><br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/14/02 01:52 PM

Oooh - very nice place...<br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/14/02 01:53 PM

Gonna come visit? heh heh<br><br><br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/14/02 01:55 PM

I seems like we are now stuck on using 5 words in our posting.<br> <br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/14/02 02:04 PM

Gee... I can't imagine why...<br><br><br>[color:red]What? I don't understand. What?</font color=red>

DOH!!!... I did it again!<br><br><br>[color:red]What? I don't understand. What?</font color=red>

Ahhhhh.... see what you made me do??<br><br><br>[color:red]What? I don't understand. What?</font color=red>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/14/02 02:06 PM

Don't dare hijack my thread. LOL<br><br><br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/14/02 02:07 PM

I wouldn't dream of it!<br><br><br>[color:red]What? I don't understand. What?</font color=red>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/14/02 02:10 PM

He is tired of the silliness <br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/14/02 02:11 PM

Stop the 5 word postings<br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/14/02 02:12 PM

I will when you do<br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/14/02 02:13 PM

oh brother.... <br><br><br>[color:red]What? I don't understand. What?</font color=red>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/14/02 02:14 PM

where art thou? good movie!<br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/14/02 02:16 PM

A long spirel to Helll<br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/15/02 04:33 AM

And by the way all - it was a long FUN weekend hanging out here with you nut cases! Hope everyone has a good week - and Marg - hope the first day back is not too traumatic.<br><br>

Re: It's the long weekend!! - 10/15/02 05:16 AM

Thanks lesh. So far so good. Of course, I'm still asleep. <br><br><br><br>