Hello from Steveg

Posted by: margadagio

Hello from Steveg - 10/11/02 03:57 AM

I received an email from Steve this morning. He asked me to give a warm hello to all of you here. He is completely overwhelmed with work related to his new job. He barely has time to answer his emails. Steve says he thinks about us all the time and that we haven't been forgotten. We'll always have a special place in his heart.<br><br><br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by margadagio on 10/11/02 06:58 AM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>
Posted by: Biggerfoot

Re: Hello from Steveg - 10/11/02 06:22 AM

It is great to hear from him and know he is okay. I also am glad he has a new job!<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Hello from Steveg - 10/11/02 07:17 AM

what job does he have that keeps him busy day & night? Oh wait, never mind... he has the same job I do! Poor guy!<br><br><br>[color:red]What? I don't understand. What?</font color=red>
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: Hello from Steveg - 10/11/02 07:19 AM

Teacher by day, 'Slurpee' jockey by night?<br><br><br>[color:orange]Hey! Wait a 'minute'....</font color=orange>

Re: Hello from Steveg - 10/11/02 07:25 AM

Well... he WAS a graphic designer/creative director. Is he teaching now? What does he teach?<br><br><br>[color:red]What? I don't understand. What?</font color=red>

Re: Hello from Steveg - 10/11/02 07:30 AM

I thought he got a professor's job last I heard.<br><br>(What happened to THAT professor, we still don't know...)<br><br>[color:orange]Hey! Wait a 'minute'....</font color=orange>

Re: Hello from Steveg - 10/11/02 07:31 AM

Steve is executive vice-president and creative director of an ad agency. From all accounts the place was in shambles when he was hired on. <br>The guy he replaced didn't even know how to run a computer. He still did all his drawings by hand and gave them to someone else to handle. <br><br><br><br>

Re: Hello from Steveg - 10/11/02 07:40 AM

Do you know what agency it is? I'm curious.<br><br><br>[color:red]What? I don't understand. What?</font color=red>

Re: Hello from Steveg - 10/11/02 07:43 AM

Sorry, I did know but that PM was deleted. I know it was a relatively small agency.<br><br><br><br>

Re: Hello from Steveg - 10/11/02 07:45 AM

Well, you DID get an email from him this morning- would it be rude to ask him?<br><br>You should try and convince him to join us in here!<br><br>MacMinute- MacCentral Lite!<br><br>[color:orange]Hey! Wait a 'minute'....</font color=orange>

Re: Hello from Steveg - 10/11/02 07:52 AM

I could ask him again but I probably won't bother. Steve will come here when he is ready to do so and not a minute before. I won't even mention the subject to him and I hope no one else does either.<br><br>Listen, I know how you feel. I miss him so much myself. We were very close friends.<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: KateSorensen

Re: Hello from Steveg - 10/11/02 09:42 AM

Might be The Coastal Group, EVP/Creative Director<br>David Yurman, CBK, GymSource<br><br>It doesn't appear to be a secret. On his web site which is in his profile here.<br><br>http://www.thecoastalgroup.com/

Re: Hello from Steveg - 10/11/02 10:12 AM

The Coastal Group does sound familiar.<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Swatcat

Re: Hello from Steveg - 10/11/02 02:03 PM

Who's Steveg ?<br><br>
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: Hello from Steveg - 10/11/02 02:51 PM

Our, once upon a time, fearless leader.<br><br>[color:red]Alec</font color=red>
Posted by: sross

Re: Hello from Steveg - 10/11/02 02:55 PM

Steve is a great guy who lives in NYC and was a very valuable contributor. He helped keep the MC alive with good humor and caring .<br>I really hope he returns here to this group of good folks. He would appreciate the karma.<br><br>

Re: Hello from Steveg - 10/11/02 04:24 PM

Um, did you guys notice the icon next to his question??? He knows who SteveG is! <br><br>You two obviously saw way too much "WHAT?" this week and have completely lost your vision!<br><br><br>[color:red]What? I don't understand. What?</font color=red>
Posted by: sross

Re: Hello from Steveg - 10/11/02 06:06 PM

Yep, you are right. It was a wink.<br>Please be patient with me. It's been a long week.<br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Hello from Steveg - 10/11/02 06:09 PM

No problem. Come back in chat if you have the time<br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Hello from Steveg - 10/11/02 08:00 PM

Give him my best, Marg.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Hello from Steveg - 10/11/02 08:01 PM

No prob. I will.<br><br><br><br>

Re: Hello from Steveg - 10/11/02 08:16 PM

You bet I remember him<br><br><br><br>

Re: Hello from Steveg - 10/11/02 08:19 PM

That pic was taken when he was silkscreening the overseas pics. <br><br>He was so nervous about doing that. He did a great job.<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: Hello from Steveg - 10/11/02 08:23 PM

Steve mentioned he had 70 new names to remember so I guess the Agency is not that small - well that is if most Agencys have well over a 100 employees.<br><br>

Re: Hello from Steveg - 10/11/02 08:27 PM

The Master at work nothing but pure concentration or is it constipation.<br>We need Steve to straighten this matter out <br>Oh Steve R U Lurking ?<br> POST SOMETHING DAMNIT!!!!<br><br>

Re: Hello from Steveg - 10/11/02 08:29 PM

Not another Lurker thread!!!! AAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Hello from Steveg - 10/11/02 08:32 PM

Please no yoyo<br>That thread is still not dead.<br>Give new meaning to kill the thread bumping feature and let that thread roll off the main page.<br><br>

Re: Hello from Steveg - 10/11/02 08:36 PM

The thread is going to be frozen tomorrow so no more posts can be made to it.<br><br><br><br>

Re: Hello from Steveg - 10/11/02 09:11 PM

This is tomorrow--or yesterday today was tomorrow, anyway. And it was such an easy game to play, too <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Hello from Steveg - 10/11/02 09:12 PM

More my speed than iChat. <br><br><br><br>

Re: Hello from Steveg - 10/12/02 09:08 AM

at least you made it in for Stan's caht with us<br><br><br>[color:red]What? I don't understand. What?</font color=red>

Re: Hello from Steveg - 10/12/02 09:40 AM

Yeah, and I'm sure you will get used to it eventually.<br><br>

Re: Hello from Steveg - 10/12/02 09:47 AM

huh?<br><br><br>[color:red]What? I don't understand. What?</font color=red>

Re: Hello from Steveg - 10/12/02 09:50 AM

oooops..that was a reply to Marg. Hit the reply on yours by mistake. But it still applies <br><br>
Posted by: steveg

Re: Hello from Steveg - 10/12/02 04:54 PM

Sheesh! I read all this and thought I had died or somethin'! <br><br>

Re: Hello from Steveg - 10/12/02 05:07 PM

Now you know how your obit will go. Of course it will get hijacked part way along. <br><br><br><br>

Re: Hello from Steveg - 10/12/02 05:09 PM

Obit<br>You mean like Pluto - way out there.<br><br>

Re: Hello from Steveg - 10/12/02 05:10 PM

LOL...<br><br>Here lies MADE YA LOOK!<br><br>

Re: Hello from Steveg - 10/12/02 05:52 PM

Hmmm. <br>Well, Kate, since you're not accepting PMs, I guess I'll say this here (especially since you seem to be in favor of public disclosures). You are correct that my wherabouts and place of business are no secret. However, the url you posted is not listed anywhere on my website, so I assume you looked at my resume there, and then did a search or took a guess at my employer's web address. Not private information by any stretch. However, I would have expected from you especially the courtesy of a note (my email address is also in plain site) first, asking if I minded you posting my work information. Had you done so, I'd have asked you not to, but it's a done deal now.<br><br>You obviously place a value on your own privacy since you choose not to accept PMs here so I don't understand why you'd take anyone else's any less seriously.<br><br>I still love ya Kate, but I really wish you's been a little slower on the trigger this time.<br><br>/rant/<br><br>

Re: Hello from Steveg - 10/12/02 06:04 PM

<br><br>steve,<br>your resume is on your web site. the first listing 2002 -<br><br>has your position, your employer, and underneath 2 or 3 web sites.<br><br>i reiterate, since it is in your profile, i didn't think you were keeping anything secret. anyone here could have done what i did. i of course regret i did it now.<br><br>you have made your work information available to anyone reading your profile and your web site information. i never dreamed i was violating any breach of courtesy.<br><br>i have never emailed you. people have expressed how busy you are anyway, and would not have even considered it (even if i thought it necessary).<br><br>i believe you overreacted towards me, but that is your prerogative. i feel no ill will toward you. i intended no malice and still regard you as a very sincere, humorous participant in the forums.<br><br>i don't know why you felt it necessary to attack me. so be it. the reason i do not accept PM's is explained in the MC forum, and I'm not going into it again here, except to say I felt it fosters an "us" and "them" attitude in times of unrest (this is an opinion for myself) and thus I do not participate in them.<br><br>good luck on your job. nice of you to stop by and visit with those who have missed you dearly.<br><br>Not sure I love ya, Steve, but whatever.<br><br>Kate<br><br>

Re: Hello from Steveg - 10/12/02 06:16 PM

No sense in beating it to death Kate, and no one attacked you. But I do have the right to express my disappointment that you took it upon yourself to do for this constituancy what you have already pointed out they could have done for themselves if that information were even that important to them. <br><br>Yes, my resume is on my site, and the first line item is my present position and the names of three of my clients (not web sites). And I repeat, anyone who was that curious could have located the information on their own, so why not just let them do so?<br><br>Sorry if you take that as an "attack".<br><br>

Re: Hello from Steveg - 10/12/02 06:23 PM

"so I assume you looked at my resume there, and then did a search or took a guess at my employer's web address. Not private information by any stretch. However, I would have "<br><br>the name of the company and the 3 words of the company make the web site. I did not do any searching as you are trying to intimate I sleuthed you out!! Not going to beat this to death either, but people were asking about you, discussing a dear friend, i once considered you a dear friend, i passed on what i'd seen, just as Marg passed on info from an email she rec'd from you. <br><br>Innocent.<br><br>"And I repeat, anyone who was that curious could have located the information on their own, so why not just let them do so?"<br><br>And, for the last time, I repeat, I was not trying to divulge the national secrets, just passing along information already freely available to the world. When we talk about something in a post, usually we give a reference to a source so the world doesn't have to look it up, but they MAY if they want.<br><br>Attack -- yes, you just did it again when saying "why not just let them do so?" I didn't think I was doing anything criminal. I was discussing a former forum poster with now forum posters who is in a public job with the info contained right in this forum profile lists.<br><br>how could something so innocent become so vile?<br><br><br>wow -- you shure have knocked the wind out of my sails, but I'll recover. Success in your work and life. <br><br>

Re: Hello from Steveg - 10/12/02 07:48 PM

Steve! Dude!<br><br>Good to see you and your hypnotic Apple hat back on the scene!<br><br>There was definitely a void with you gone...try not to stay away TOO much...<br><br>I think you'll find the attitude in here a LOT more lax...stick around!<br><br>[color:orange]Hey! Wait a 'minute'....</font color=orange>

Re: Hello from Steveg - 10/13/02 08:42 AM

Steve... don't be too upset with Kate, I saw your address and had 350 Sears Winter Catalogs to your loft!!! <br><br><br>[color:red]What? I don't understand. What?</font color=red>
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: Hello from Steveg - 10/13/02 09:31 AM

Great idea... the other 650 have been arranged by me!<br><br>
Posted by: polymerase

Re: Hello from Steveg - 10/13/02 10:07 AM

I used to give the address to the White House when the Radio Shack dude asked me for my address. Amazingly the light never went on when I said "Haywood J. Blomee,1600 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington, DC, 20500.<br>But now I have a new address to use.<br><br>

Re: Hello from Steveg - 10/13/02 10:28 AM

LOL!!! I used to do the same thing!<br><br><br>[color:red]What? I don't understand. What?</font color=red>

Re: Hello from Steveg - 10/13/02 04:28 PM

Fortunately, I have all your addresses, too, and I'll be picking up my "Forward to____________. Collect!" stamp at the stationer's tomorrow. <br><br>

Re: Hello from Steveg - 10/13/02 04:33 PM

LOL!<br><br><br>[color:red]What? I don't understand. What?</font color=red>